Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

Icon1 Re: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I would like something than in addition to unlock minor factions also lets you play much longer...Say to year 3000
    is it possible?
    It's already possible to play beyond the end date, in case you didn't know. We're given the option at the end whether to continue with the game, regardless of whether the game was a victory or a loss.
    "I salute the light within your eyes where the whole universe dwells.
    For when you are at that center within you and I am that place within me, we shall be as one."

Default Re: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

Oh i did not know, thanks

is possible annex protectorates (ex. Barbary States to Ottoman Empire) and make a new faction with this ''free place''?

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelxxx View Post
    is possible annex protectorates (ex. Barbary States to Ottoman Empire) and make a new faction with this ''free place''?
    What is the difference from this?

... I have been searching it a lot of time, thanks.

I know it's a far shot but as you guys seem to pushing frontiers here...

Is it possible to remove or reduce the territorial expansion diplo penalty for Europeans?

+Rep

HusserlTW, amazing work and guides. If i may be so bold, I have a suggestion...

I've tried 2 or 3 time to get a startpos mod going that give custom goals and faction desciption for minor nations. I had found the location you need to edit (im
    sure you know) but its been a while. =P
    Last edited by shadowdrummer46; February 10, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
    Aspiring Scientist and Millitary Enthusiast
    I tend to be long-winded. Thanks for any help!
    _______________ExRM__EB___________________
    My In-Depth ETW Prussian Campaign Guide Can be found Here.
    You Can Find My ExRM Knowledge-Sharing Thread Here

How can you change the start date, Im not looking for historical accuracy. I would like to see what would happen if you started say at 1500 or 1600. Do to the game starts to slow way down at 1800. So I would like to see if this still happens if starting any earlier... Any way to test this out??? or change the 2 turn per year to 4 turns per year.

See here in Level 1, 4.

Yes I see this, but its says In CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR is determined the turns per year (1st line) and the turns that have past (2nd and 3rd lines in saved_games). The date has to do mainly for the victory conditions and the turns meter for the game AI calculations for all characters, units, ships, etc. who have a date of birth or recruitment. So, if you change the date, say 1900, you'll get a message that you've lost in the opening screen, but the game can be continued even your units are born in 17th cent.
    So it does not say if you can start the time before 1700, plus I have no idea were this part is. I have not even tried to mess with the statpos yet. I was also wonding if someone has tried it yet, if so does it work... But thanks for the reply..

My mod EAC starts in 1645. To do this you change the date in three places in startpos. One you know already. The other is in SAVE_GAME_HEADER and the third in CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/DATE. About the lost the game mmassage you have to change the dates in CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/VICTORY_CONDITION_OPTIONS.

Thanks for the info, I got my game set now to 1500... Now all I need to do is find away to up the time it takes to reserch new Tech. You would not know how to do this would you?? One of the main things that really kills me about this game is tech come way to fast. Like going from plug to full-socket can be done in like less than 10 turns if you know how to exploit this. So I want to make it take longer to reaserch different techs too... So you have more turns with different tech. Plus do you know how to add or remove tech from the tree and other areas of the files?????

You have to make a mod.pack using DbEditor and include the db/technologies_tables. In your pack go in db/technologies_tables/technologies. The 4th column is what you are looking for. The research points divided by research abilities (which depend on how many schools, gentlemen, etc., are present) determine the total turns that is needed for research. So if you want to increase the research turns increase this number and vice versa. There is a new very good tutorial by Lazy Knight which I think provides infos about technologies.
    Last edited by husserlTW; February 14, 2010 at 08:02 AM.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look into this. Thanks. Man why did CA have to change everything. I had just got uses to Rome and Med 2 files and now Im relearning everything again... Again thanks for the help...

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but it would be nice with a campaign using the Warpath-map that takes place during/before the French-indian war, with the british controlling the thirteen colonies etc. That way, you can both have the fights between the british and the french, and then later, you can have the american revolution, and you get the new native factions etc. which would be interesting, atleast I think so.

(the early colonization campaign sounds interesting though, but I'm guessing it's not really compatible with Darthmod and other mods? it would be nice with just the warpath-map, but with different starting positions, technologies and date)
    Last edited by Ftmch; February 14, 2010 at 04:33 PM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Hi Husser, will you be working on NTW, and if so (since the way the startpos seems to be extremely similar), can you do an all-factions mod for all campaigns?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Hi Husser, will you be working on NTW, and if so (since the way the startpos seems to be extremely similar), can you do an all-factions mod for all campaigns?
    "Modding... ergo sum" (Sorry Des Cartes)!

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    "Modding... ergo sum" (Sorry Des Cartes)!
    Pardon me?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Pardon me?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito_ergo_sum

You need to know your Descartes man!

Still don't understand.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast