Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

Default About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

STARTPOS MODS began as an idea on transferring in "action" all the knowledges that came out of my research about startpos. Two groups of mods are included in this work. First are those that just unlock or activate some in game elements like minor factions, emergent, etc. The second group includes full mods with some new scenario and ideas.

Any new ideas or suggestions can be posted here.
    Last edited by husserlTW; December 09, 2009 at 08:58 AM.

Default Re: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

personally i would like a startpos that gets rid of the protectorate nations

ie thirteen colonies would become english and louisiana french
    Last edited by husserlTW; December 10, 2009 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksoran View Post
    personally i would like a startpos that gets rid of the protectorate nations

ie thirteen colonies would become english and louisiana french
    Why?

Anyway try Late Campaign.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 16, 2011 at 11:13 AM.

Magnificent One's Avatar Miles

What about one that adds Scotland? No other emergents,Just Scotland.I'd like to play my country in a time where it was still independent.But CA sorta rushed GB in ETW.

You know you want some....

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent One View Post
    What about one that adds Scotland? No other emergents,Just Scotland.I'd like to play my country in a time where it was still independent.But CA sorta rushed GB in ETW.
    There is already, check in Late Campaign.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Congrats to your own forum for this mod, Ilias! You're one of the pillars in the modding community, you know
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Is it possible to add more minor or emergent factions in keeping the original ones still in the game? Cause if it is so, it would be great to have an emergent faction for every region such as Bulgaria in Bulgaria region, Algeria in Algeria region and so on. Adding some small factions too in the start of the game would also be cool and would for example balance areas like India (adding Rajputs maybe to buffer marathas)

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    Is it possible to add more minor or emergent factions in keeping the original ones still in the game? Cause if it is so, it would be great to have an emergent faction for every region such as Bulgaria in Bulgaria region, Algeria in Algeria region and so on. Adding some small factions too in the start of the game would also be cool and would for example balance areas like India (adding Rajputs maybe to buffer marathas)
    Sorry this can not be done due to modding limitations. For now only replacing can be done as I've done in Sturm und Drang mod. But since I am interesting for Sturm und Drang to add new faction on Indian map are there any suggestions historical correct? If there are please note the name and the starting region the new faction(s) should have.

Here's a few i've found:

Faction: Principality of Hyderabad (or just Hyderabad)
    Starting region: Hyderabad
    State Religion: Islam
    Short Description: A Muslim-ruled state that parted from the Mughal Empire
    Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyderabad_State

Faction: Kingdom of Travancore (or just Travancore)
    Starting Region: Carnatica? (the kingdom doesnt exactly fit in the ETW map, their domain lies in the Carnatica region)
    Short Description: A small hindu-kingdom that was a throwing bag for EIC and Mysore
    State Religion: Hinduism
    Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travancore

Faction: Rajashtan/Rajput States/ Rajputana
    Starting Region: Rajpootana
    State Religion: Hinduism
    Short Description: A fierce warrior-state that has now been a vassal of Mughals a long time
    Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajputs

There has been dozens of mini-kingdoms in India between 1700-1800 but i think these are the best that fit the bill

Thanks a lot for the info, very interesting and helpful.

No problemo

Just one request -

ive seen it before in the mods forum, but i dont believe it has been updated in a while.

a "sandbox" startpos. Indiffferent relations accross the board with no trade, no historical greivences.

seems it would allow the AI to develop more .. er organically, and add a bit of much needed randomness to the GC. Protectorates can stay or go, doesnt really matter either way (can just edit the hand-off turns in scripting lua anyhow)

yes, i know it isnt historical.. but well, who know's? in a parallel universe, it could have happened that way...

Personally one thing I've been dying to see is some good ol' historical inaccuracy in the form of a playable U.S in the 1700 GC.

If you want to play as US in early GC (starting date 1700), it is easy to do it by your self. Just follow the tutorial that makes emergent playable for US.

Ah, thanks.

Thanks for these interesting mods, but what about the Seven years war starting pos.? Late campaign is just... late
    And start position in mid 18th century (for example 1750.), just before 7 years war, would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    There is already, check in Late Campaign.
    Awesome!
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

Icon14 Re: About STARTPOS MODS, Suggestions and Ideas.

Personally, I've always been disappointed with CA's depiction of the Amerindians as monarchies (among other things). They should rather be Republics, which is the closest thing ETW has to depict the confederacies of tribes that dominated Amerindian politics in North America.

Moreover, some of the Amerindian factions have been rather ill-chosen. The Huron-Wyandot, for a quick example, were nearly wiped out by the Iroquois in the Beaver Wars by 1700, before the game's start date. To make it even worse, they have never even occupied their campaign map's position on the north shore of Lake Superior; instead, that was the primary core homeland of the numerous and mighty Ojibway, who themselves, together with the Ottawa and Potawatomi, formed the powerful and expansive confederacy known as the Council of Three Fires.

Anyways, personally, I've always re-named some Amerindian factions in the patch_en.pack and replaced their governments with Republics in the startpos files. That is easy. What I've never bothered doing, though, is fixing their relations with other factions relative to their new government types (i.e. As a republic, the Iroquois wouldn't have a bonus to relations with the monarchs in France), which would be extremely time-consuming.

I am, however, just throwing this thought out there, and certainly not demanding anything of you.
    "I salute the light within your eyes where the whole universe dwells.
    For when you are at that center within you and I am that place within me, we shall be as one."

I was thinking about crazy mod that's there is two major empires.
    Every empire rule half of the regions in game
    Horse bug(Don't bump the thread)

I would like something than in addition to unlock minor factions also lets you play much longer...Say to year 3000
    is it possible?

The game "never" ends. After victory conditions are met by a faction you can continue playing. You can also change victory conditions to be met in the year of 3000!
    Last edited by husserlTW; February 18, 2010 at 05:39 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast