Thread: Multiplayer Campaign

Default Multiplayer Campaign

Anyone notice they're finally releasing the Multiplayer Campaign beta?

Is TROM going to be compatible with that?

Default Re: Multiplayer Campaign

I've just tried TROM 1.65 beta and it works fine with the MP campaign. Could be hidden gotchas in there, but I managed a few turns, moved stuff about, etc, all looks good so far.

Moopere

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by moopere View Post
    I've just tried TROM 1.65 beta and it works fine with the MP campaign. Could be hidden gotchas in there, but I managed a few turns, moved stuff about, etc, all looks good so far.

Moopere
    I'm pretty sure you will be missing a number of AOR units (e.g. when you capture Württemberg) and there will be other glitches in the recruitment system. Once they release the final version I'll adapt the startpos file.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you will be missing a number of AOR units (e.g. when you capture Württemberg) and there will be other glitches in the recruitment system. Once they release the final version I'll adapt the startpos file.
    Ah, you reckon? So there are some glitches in the MP Campaign that we didn't see in the SP campaign? What a shame, still, given the state of BAI I hold considerable hope for the fun and possibilities in the MP campaign with players taking on the battles on behalf of the AI.

There been no word I'm aware of but I suppose its reasonably safe to assume that the 'final' MP campaign will get released with Napoleon:TW

Cheers, Moopere

Well, I haven't downloaded the MP campaign myself, but I suspect that it will use a separate campaign file (and that is where information about the AOR regions is located)

Hmm, yes, I never thought of that possibility. I'll run up a campaign and check this. If this turns out to be true how can I repeatably and relatively easily check?

Moopere

If Austrian Regiment of Foot is also available in Hungary, if you cannot recruit Bavarian/Württemberger/Saxon etc infantry, if Russia can't recruit Russian Regiment of Foot in St Petersburg... then you'll know

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    if Russia can't recruit Russian Regiment of Foot in St Petersburg... then you'll know

Righto, I'll try this one as I generally play Russian campaigns and almost certainly go for St. Petersburg right away so it will be quick and definitive.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards, Moopere

Hi Johan,

I played as Russia, took a few turns but eventually took over St. Petersburg. Had to build a barracks there but now I've got that I'm allowed and have recruited Russian Line. Before I built the barracks I could only recruit Provincial Line.

Does this tend to indicate that the MP campaign is using the standard TROM modified AOR file(s)??

Cheers, Moopere

If you look in your etw\data\campaigns folder, do you see anything else than what is shown in the attached picture?

If not, then the MP campaign apparently uses the same files as the single player campaign. Which is great, because it means I won't have to do anything

No, the beta patch did not add any other folders to the campaign folder

Yea!

So to answer the original question: yes TROM will be compatible with MP campaign

man it would be great if this mod worked with the multi campaign i have a friend refusing to play without slowdown mods etc.... iirc this one does that

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

TROM works fine with the MP campaign. Give it a go, its been working fine for me all day with TROM v1.65

Moopere

[QUOTE=Destraex;6433473i have a friend refusing to play without slowdown mods[/QUOTE]
    I understand him! I cannot believe that anyone could actually like the original speeds. In fact, ever since RTW, a "slowdown" has always been one of the first mods to appear for these games. You'd think that CA would take a hint from that...

Libertus

I tried playing it in mp the other day but we got "incompatable versions" every time even though we doublechecked all the files we involved. We were trying to play with full smoke/blood/etc, ornametum and the unit variety mod. Do we need to load them in exactly the same order to make it work?

Edit: this was still with the hotfix, will try the new 1.65 today.
    Last edited by Imp; December 13, 2009 at 08:34 AM.

Yes, MP games whether they be campaign or not need to have the same mods loaded and in the same order. No variation at all is possible. Once you have a standard system it works fine.

Regards, M

I just read that the current Beta campaign is all we'll get:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...82#post6430282