Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Okay, I have recently gotten the game Medieval II. I installed it on my PC. I was playing nicely. Loading everything fine. Albeit it was a little slow. Today, I go on it just as I normally do. Only this time, my computer overheats while I am playing it. Now it won't work. It keeps giving me an error message when I try to start a new campaign and whenever I try to load my game, it keeps looping and not loading anything at all. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall like three times. And still nothing.
    :/
    Any and all help would be much obliged.

Default Re: Help!

Also, please keep in mind that I am not so savvy with the inter-workings of my laptop. I just use it to play games and type papers.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

What kind of a laptop is it? Is it stock, off the shelf like from Best Buy or Wal-Mart, or custom made?

Okay, it is an Dell Inspiron 1501. It is going on about three years old now. It runs off Windows Vista. I believe that it is just the way it was meant to be, no customizations. I didn't buy it, though. It was a present.

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...f/HN9264MR.pdf is a link to your owner's manual in case you lost yours.

This game would play on your laptop but it will and did overheat it. It's a good school or business laptop but not made for 3d gaming.

You do not have enough memory for Vista, your integrated graphics chip, and playing this deep in a campaign. You do have a pcie x16 slot for graphics card BUT being a laptop and being Dell, it's probably proprietary and after three years out of stock.

If it overheated and now won't play Medieval2, you probably burnt something. My only hope then is it's still under warranty and let Dell fix it on their dime.

I figured that would be the case. I have extra memory. Would that work, if I inserted that into the laptop. I bought it a while ago, but never did anything with it because I had no need for it.
    No, the computer was out of contract after the first year. This is not the only time the computer has overheated. So, by now, I might have actually broken something.

Put the memory in and try it. It amy actually work.

The ols saw, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained", even if it is experience.