Thread: Some suggestions

Default Some suggestions

In order to increase realism:

Recruitment should be similiar to TBC mod, some units should be recruitable in both castles and towns.

Military units such as Swordsmen Militia, Pike Militia, Halberd Militia, billmen(maybe), crossbow militia, along with others, should all be recruitable at towns

Military units in general should mostly be recruitable almost from the beggining, only availability should increase as the settlement develops

Dijon Militia and similiar units should only be recruitable at their specific settlement.

Considering the size of the map and the movement points, we should have something like 12 turns per year.(Do think about it)

The genneral's bodyguard should already start with the partial plate armor upgrade as default. The full plated man and horse would then be the upgrade.

Now, I can implement most of these myself, but I need some help:

How do I limit a unit's recruitment to only one settlement?

Could someone please tell me what do the following numerical values stand for?

recruit_pool "Almughavars" 1 0.7 6 0 requires factions { spain, }

Default Re: Some suggestions

Recruitment should be similiar to TBC mod, some units should be recruitable in both castles and towns.

Military units such as Swordsmen Militia, Pike Militia, Halberd Militia, billmen(maybe), crossbow militia, along with others, should all be recruitable at towns
    No, the point is we don't want that

Dijon Militia and similiar units should only be recruitable at their specific settlement.
    It's just a name, we could have named them dozen of things.

Considering the size of the map and the movement points, we should have something like 12 turns per year.(Do think about it)
    Boring, that'll take ages

The genneral's bodyguard should already start with the partial plate armor upgrade as default. The full plated man and horse would then be the upgrade
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by theStig View Post

Why?
    Because the mod starts in the 14th century.

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

The genneral's bodyguard should already start with the partial plate armor upgrade as default. The full plated man and horse would then be the upgrade.
    Don't bother about them for the moment. They are about to change, one way or another. Wait for a later release to judge

How do I limit a unit's recruitment to only one settlement?
    You have to make use of the hidden resources system, which I have never done by myself, but must be quite an easy thing. Check around for more help.

recruit_pool "Almughavars" 1 0.7 6 0 requires factions { spain, }
    From left to right:
    1: The number of turns the unit needs to be recruited.
    0.7: The rate at which the recruitment pool will be replenished.
    6: The number of maximum units that can appear as available (when the recruitment pool is maxed out).
    0: The valour the recruited unit will receive, in this case no valour for your Almughavars, sorry .
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download

Thanks, I was already ahead of that, but Im having problems with the hidden resources.