Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASSIMILATION MOD PATCH RELEASED!!!

Default ASSIMILATION MOD PATCH RELEASED!!!

http://www.fxguide.com/article463.html

Assimilation Mod Patch
    RIO'S IBFD BRG III REQUIRED
    1-Extract to your desk top
    2-Copy or drop the rio folder over your rtw folder where your rio folder is, copying over all existing files.
    RIO'S BRG III Assimilation Mod Patch I.rar
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BOX0AFBT

Attached Filesexport_descr_buildings.rar
    -Open your rio/data and copy and paste within data folder
    -Fixed commerce port upgrade

New building recruit system tweaked with more balanced units:

Barbarians and Romano British:
    Barbarian Government Center
    -New recruitment Branch off for RB, Barbarian, Hun, and Nomads at city levels.
    -These factions will not be able to recruit units in Roman barracks or stables after city levels.(or build from this tree)
    -These factions need to build a barbarian government center building to start the assimilation process.
    -City level units are better in the branched off barrack and stable buildings in cities, large cities, and huge cities that available after pop.is assimilated.
    -government center needed for assimilation of the local population.
    -After assimilation(completion of the Barbarian government center) barrack and stables buildings branched off in the barbarian form can now be constructed.
    -Best cavalry and infantry units are found here at city to larger city levels.
    -Cavalry will be more readily available
    -New unit: Scout Cavalry Raider for most factions: retextured

Romans and Romano British(RB is limited)
    Roman Civilian and Government Center.
    -Roman government center building needed to Assimilate the local population.
    -After the Roman government center building is completed, city to large and huge cities can now build Roman barracks and stables producing the best Roman units.

strat 463 434:
    -463 Campaign tweaked to become early on more intense
    -Redid Soissons, Saxons, Roman British, and Roman Britones starting troops
    -Much game re balancing
    -Files edited with correct grammar.
    -Franks and several barbarian factions were missing description on Comes civitatis: regional administrators
    edu: Ostrogoth palace swordsmen1 fixed.
    -A city town watchmen available for RB and Roman Britones with (aor)Britain new texture
    -Saios are now recruitable by Goth factions within their own lands
    -Roman Britones(British faction)comitatenses are now recruitable in Gallic lands(new shield texture)
    -Roman Britones(British faction)British legionaries are now recruitable in Gallic lands
    -Expanded more barbarian cav recruitment to large towns
    2d art Several Frank Palaces pics were missing.have now been placed
    Re did British Isle Faction maps
    re textured Scout Cavalry Raiders
    re textured City Militia for certain factions
    re textured Ostrogoth heavy infantry for Visigoths
    proper Visigoth Cav Skirmisher texture corrected
    Ostrogoths and Visigoth Gothic Veterin will differ in textures
    Fixed Triumph Ancillaries
    -Also the Roman campaigns slightly tweaked(law and happiness) to make expansion more difficult
    -Roman general units slightly increased
    Replaced the primary general unit for these units with BI vanilla orig textures and models
    Will continue to work on there textures if this stops graphic issues relating to ctds
    Ostrogoths
    Visigoths
    Vandals
    Burgundii
    Alemanni
    Lombardi

Need to do:
    - Family trees
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 23, 2010 at 07:08 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Assimilation Mod Patch II

Nice work
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Default Re: Assimilation Mod Patch II

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of Ulster View Post
    Nice work
    Thank You Hound of Ulster

Many new changes vital for historical game play

Default Re: ASSIMILATION MOD PATCH RELEASED!!!

Government assimilation for to enable their recruitment
    Roman

Government and econnomic assimilation for Beyond Roman Glory
    Roman

Last edited by Riothamus; January 05, 2010 at 10:17 AM.

I have this problem:

Can you tell me why?Thanks
    Last edited by Claudio II Gothic; January 07, 2010 at 06:33 AM.

Maybe it isn,t readable:

Script Error in data/descr_mount.txt, at line 113, clumn 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'nabatean camel'

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio II Gothic View Post
    Maybe it isn,t readable:

Script Error in data/descr_mount.txt, at line 113, clumn 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'nabatean camel'

Hi Claudio II Gothic, nice screen saver
    'nabatean camel'?? I dont use this mount file at all and i never modified that file. Did another mod you download modify that file? ...data/descr_mount. looks like your data folder was modified by adding the 'nabatean camel' mount...what mod did you download uses that type of mount? If the files within data folder isn't clean(or if changed by another mod) it could cause this issue.
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 07, 2010 at 09:33 AM.

A question:I take the rio folder downloaded here, it size is 43.9 MB, and this folder will replace the copy of BI folder called rio (hundreds of MB?) ? I'm not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio II Gothic View Post
    A question:I take the rio folder downloaded here, it size is 43.9 MB, and this folder will replace the copy of BI folder called rio (hundreds of MB?) ? I'm not sure
    Hi Claudio II Gothic
    -Extract the Assimilation Mod Patch To Your Desk Top
    -Copy or drop the rio folder over your rtw folder where your rio mod(rio folder) is located, copy over all existing files.

Its a small patch 14.7mb

Any questions please ask

Hi Rio, im just checking if i installed my assimilation mod the right way. Im playing as the Slavs and as im conquering present day Ukraine and all above the Carpathians, i can recruit quite a few troops directly.
    Is this intended to be this way, or did i do something wrong?

Hi Rio,
    I'm not having any success getting the mod to work. I copied over the rio folder and it looks like the "data" folder has the correct modification date. However, I don't not see the new government buildings when i play the Roman factions. I do see some blank spots where I think they should be under a "placeholder for string 28" for the Roman Britains" and "Place holder for string 29" for the DoS. Should I try something else or should I what for the new patch or release?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cubic View Post
    Hi Rio, im just checking if i installed my assimilation mod the right way. Im playing as the Slavs and as im conquering present day Ukraine and all above the Carpathians, i can recruit quite a few troops directly.
    Is this intended to be this way, or did i do something wrong?
    With the Nomadic factions I've allowed them to recruit many of there units in town and large towns for this was more historical for them, but you should see a government center after the treasure chest(pic I'm currently re-doing)in the building list. After constructing that then it allows you to build in cities, higher level stables, and buildings such as the Gordfort that contain more regional units with more experience points...Important when coming upon a more technological advanced faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    Hi Rio,
    I'm not having any success getting the mod to work. I copied over the rio folder and it looks like the "data" folder has the correct modification date. However, I don't not see the new government buildings when i play the Roman factions. I do see some blank spots where I think they should be under a "placeholder for string 28" for the Roman Britains" and "Place holder for string 29" for the DoS. Should I try something else or should I what for the new patch or release?

Thanks!
    The Mod Patch contains a rio folder rio/data
    Maybe within your rtw folder place the rio mod patch folder instead of copying and pasting over your rtw folder?
    Strange.. should look like this:

Last edited by Riothamus; February 20, 2010 at 08:15 AM.

Yup, there is a big hole where the government center should be. I'll try it again as a direct replacement instead of copying it over.

Thanks for the quick reponse!

Yup, there is a big hole where the government center should be. I'll try it again as a direct replacement instead of copying it over.

Thanks for the quick reponse!
    Let me know Lioneljoe k...

Still no luck Rio. I've copied and pasted every which way I can think of and I get the same result. The game still works as it did before. Its almost like I am just copying the same files on top of the orignals.

Still no luck Rio. I've copied and pasted every which way I can think of and I get the same result. The game still works as it did before. Its almost like I am just copying the same files on top of the orignals.
    K Lioneljoe..Try opening your Mod Patch data folder. Then group all any folders and files together and copy and paste them within your Rio Mods data folder...see what happens

You have Vista?

Hi Rio... yes I do have vista and I copied over the data folder and it still doesn't work. Hmm... I don't understand

Hi Rio... yes I do have vista and I copied over the data folder and it still doesn't work. Hmm... I don't understand

Vista windows have a way of making copying over files difficult. I now cause I have had weird issues like that with my vista...It may be preventing you. Maybe there is info that can help you(if this is the issue) on this in the rtw-bi workshop threads? I check there also

Try this thread here Lioneljoe.They discuss the UAC, vistas user account control and how it impedes copying over files..Hope it helps.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=vista

Rio,
    I checked out the thread and took their advice. It looks like I successfully installed it on my desk top. For everyone's info:

If you have Vista go to control panal and disable the UAC. Copy the Assimilation Patch "Data" folder into the RIO folder. Make sure you accept "Copy and replace"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast