Awarded to Monguntiacum for winning the 'Researcher (M2TW)' category in the 2011 Modder Awards.
Download Links and Installation Instructions
QuickFix (24th Mai 2012)
- There has been a repeated bug in the Protestant Union end of round processing of characters. Extract the attached file into the mods\1648\data folder - save game compatible. For more details see here.
- A missing entry in historic_events causes the game to crash in round 169 (Feb 1632). Extract the attached file into the mods\1648\data\text folder - save game compatible
- Different sized unit cards were causing a interface breakdown. Extract the attached file into the mods\1648\data\ui folder.
- It appears that there is a problem with the animation of destroyed (new) walls. We are working on it and suggest that in the meantime you delete\rename this folder if you experience a crash when destroying walls: ...\1648\data\settlements\north_european\settlements\large_city
- A partial English translation is available, extract the attachment in to the data\text folder.
To start of with: this mod will be published in German first. Translation is being done bu tmay take some time.
The mod 1648 is settled in the period 1618-1648 of the wars in Central Europe better known als the '30 years war'. The battlefields of this conflict are all located in the area of the Holy Roman Empire, therefore the map encompasses it's dominion and the directly neighboring areas (Copenhagen-Udine / Reims-Riga). The level of detail is guaranteed through 198 provinces and 24 factions. The pivotal aspect of the mod will be the struggle of the Kaiser with the counter reformation; protestant leaders being his main adversaries.
Foreign powers enter the game as spawning factions like Siebenbürgen or as invaders like Sweden and France. Poland-Lithuania (the Western areas), Denmark, Swiss Union and the United Netherlands have their part on the map as well, although their influence in the beginning will be more passiv. The eighty years war between the Netherlands and Spanish Habsburg will also play a role in the overall war of that period.
The mod has followed new paths to make the game experience more intensive: new music and sounds, new textures, new units, new animations, new stratmap elements and more.
Our Team Forum with more details can be found here:
Enough words, pictures say so much more:
Improved gunpowder effects
View down the valley
Bridge and ships
Drummer and flag carrier
Grapeshot, for a better impression watch the video
Hussiten Wagen (wagon fort), for a better impression watch the video
More battle action
Canons in action on the walls
The city map
Preparing to deploy
On the walls
Our thanks go to the following teams, individuals and organisations:
- The teams of TWZone and TWForum for their friendly assistance and providing a moding 'home'
- Both communities for their support, ideas and friendly critic
- Musculus Maximus for his help with the forts and ground textures
- Dimitri Harkov and Addi for their ideas and help
- Rheumafuzzy and team SuS\OuO as well as repman and team DLV for ideas and help
- King Kong and Team TA for ground textures and those plush trees on the stratmap
- Banzai! for his groundwork on the wagon forts and the beheadings
- Xeryx for providing the AI mod
- the countless modders of TWCentre for their brilliant groundwork
- Wikipedia for the public pictures and text
- German television ARd and ZDF for their documentaries "Wir Deutschen" and "Die Deutschen"
- The authors of the books "Deutsche Volkslieder", "Deutsche Hausmärchen", "Deutsche Soldatenlieder", although this will be most likely posthumous
- The Housekeepr and team Machiavello for their idea of the named forts
- Team HRE and their inspiration for a "Reichs-Mod"
- AlphaDelta for the mod fKoC that taught us a lot
- Supply and forage system by Byg