Thread: Increased turns per year

Default Increased turns per year

Is anyone aware of a mod to increase turns per year (prefferably to 12) that is compatible with this mod?

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Increased turns per year

I have at times used the ETW Turns Editor program by just-a-modder but it's so tiny I can upload it here.

Be warned that on 12 turns, or anything above three turns, in fact, you'll get winter for six months of the year alternating with summer, and you'll have conquered most of the world by 1710!
    Most Serene.

Yeah I found that one shortly after posting here. It does for now. I also found something that increses unit training times and such but can't get it to work. Thank you none the less.

I'm not so worried about conquering the entire map since I try to play in a more realistic manner than "lets just complete the game and conquer everything" that is until someone does something I like then i ruthlessley squash them I suppose that's why i like playing minor states, just trying to defend my territory I already have.

I just wish the AI was a but smarter with its diplomacy. I have am also yet to see an AI make peace with another AI and in all my tiem playing this mod and the vanilla I have only ever been asked for peace once and that was from the barbary states when I was playing as Venice. Hell I accepted, less attacks on my ships is a good thing

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

Well, unfortunately, ETW's design doesn't really allow for such realistic gameplay. Such as being Britain and attempting to maintain a balance of power on the Continent doesn't work, because you have no option but to conquer everybody who declares war on you or have them at war with you forever!
    Most Serene.

Quote Originally Posted by valmarus View Post
    Yeah I found that one shortly after posting here. It does for now. I also found something that increses unit training times and such but can't get it to work. Thank you none the less.

I'm not so worried about conquering the entire map since I try to play in a more realistic manner than "lets just complete the game and conquer everything" that is until someone does something I like then i ruthlessley squash them I suppose that's why i like playing minor states, just trying to defend my territory I already have.

I just wish the AI was a but smarter with its diplomacy. I have am also yet to see an AI make peace with another AI and in all my tiem playing this mod and the vanilla I have only ever been asked for peace once and that was from the barbary states when I was playing as Venice. Hell I accepted, less attacks on my ships is a good thing
    God I sound like an advertising bot but did you ever take a look on Europa Universalis 3 (Complete Version)? E:TW simply isn't designed for "realistic" gameplay and the diplomacy supports only very few options. After all, it's a "Total War" game.

The older Total War games had way better diplomacy than Empire....

For example you could ask other nations to og to war with others in exchange for money an alliance or even declaring war yourself also, you were able to do ALOT more through diplomacy than in this game. Even purchasing provinces in the other games was better... in this game you can offer 800k for a small province with little in it of value yet the AI expects to buy provinces with major cities and lots of commerce in it for 1k. It's... well I wont tell you what it is through fear of being smited by a moderator. To be honest I think Medival Total War was the best for diplomacy (the orriginal nor medieval II) simply because of the titles and such for your own generals. You could bribe a rebel army and then make him loyal by making him governor of the province (and i thought it was sad that that was left out of medieval II). Hell you can't even cause rebellions in this one. I've parked countless rakes (which seems to do nothing) and missionaries (to try provoke religious rebellions) in enemy territories but nothing ever seems to happen. You can't bribe generals to rebel. It's just so frustrating diplomacy gets you nowhere in this game when it used to play such a major role in the older games if you used it properly.

a 12 turn mod would be highly useful for the American Campagine, which starts in 1785.

But what about distance range of army movement?Is it gonna be changed after turns alteration?Thats one of annoying bugs for me in vanilla.Army could conquire 3 factions per turn! From Alpes toBaltic sea!Is anybody knows the mod to decrease of a movement range?

wheres a link to this download?

Ya i cant find this mythical 12 turns per year for ETW anywhere