Thread: CTD In Campaign Battle

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

Default CTD In Campaign Battle

I just reinstalled to play The Greek Wars, and tried out custom battles. Pretty sweet, so I fired up a campaign as Athens. So, its 358 BC, and My Ally Mergenua attacks me. Small army, and I've got tons of Hoplites and Militia Hoplites. So, I try to fight on the battle map, then halfway into loading, it crashes. No error warnings or anything. I am using windows 7 and a good computer- could it be that my disk is scratched? I've tried to fight it 3 times, but the same thing happened. I have a fresh install with 1.5 patch. Any Help?

Default Re: CTD In Campaign Battle

Hm, what version of TGW are you using? 0.97? Does it use Ragimund Von Wallat's submod? Have you fought any other battles before that? Have you tried custom battles? Does this happen in vanilla RTW as well? If not, then I doubt it's a disk problem.

I have 0.97, and the sub mod. I tried another campaign as Argos, and everything runs smoothly.....then tried Athens and same CTD. Seems everyone else works but them. My Vanilla runs fine and so does XGM.

Now there is an error. It says it can't find PALMS#ALL.tga.........not sure what that means.

Hm, I'll try it. I haven't tested the submod extensively yet, there may be something wrong with Athens there.

Edit: Do you remember what units you had in your army?
    Last edited by Seleucos of Olympia; December 06, 2009 at 04:28 PM.

I think around a half stack, maybe 3 or four more, so lets say 14. Merguana had something like 3 hoplites, a chosen hoplite and 4 militias. I will count the actual number when I find the time.

EDIT: It was 5 Militia Hoplites, A Chosen Hoplite (which look pretty sweet I have to say) and 5 Hoplites. I also tried another new campaign, and when I assaulted the island stste nearest Althens, I came up with the ##PALMS_ALL.tga thing, which I have seen in the past in XGM.
    Last edited by Achea; December 07, 2009 at 07:10 PM.

OK, now it is consistently coming up with ##PALMS_ALL.tga error, and when I looked in my vanilla files the file did not appear to be there.

I tried battles between Athens and Megara on the campaign map and in custom battle, and there was no problem.

That ##PALMS_ALL.tga file should be included in the pack "Data\packs\models_building_textures.pak" in your vanilla RTW folder (you can't see it unless you unpack that file). It's not replaced in the TGW files, and it's not even called in any new way.

This is most peculiar...

Well, I am reinstalling it today.....not sure what is going on. I do have the building textures pack, but on the error the path it is looking in is CA/RTW/data/vegataion, so if it is in the pack it is looking for the tga in the wrong place. 0.o

Edit: Now it is CTDing when I ask Thebes for an alliance as Athens....maybe I will just wait until you put 0.99 out. By the way, when will that be? do you have any interesting new additions for 0.99?
    Last edited by Achea; December 08, 2009 at 07:55 PM.