Thread: Allied Contingents

Default Allied Contingents

Would it be possible for you to add allied contingents? I've always thought that this was something that really should have been featured in alot of the total war games but never was. There are many examples of troops of allied nations fighting under the others banner. Hessian troops under the British in the Americas (I realise these feature even in the vanilla), hell, most "minor" german states for other nations at some point, very often for the French, British or Austrians.

I'd like to say something along the lines of being able to recruit a number of allied units comparable to the territory they hold and/or their attitdue towards you? for example 1 +1 per province held by them x stabding (1 for friendly 2 for very and not being able to raise with anythign below.) but I realise that would be way too much work for a free mod even if it was possible which I doubt it is. ^^

But yeah... allied contingents.... would be a nice feature.

Either way great mod guys ^^

(on a side note is anyone aware of any way to get steam to install multiple instances of the same game so I can apply differnt mods to them?)

Bleda's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Allied Contingents

I made this very same suggestion a while ago, but I'd be more excited to see allied contingents provided free of upkeep by each of your protectorates.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    I made this very same suggestion a while ago, but I'd be more excited to see allied contingents provided free of upkeep by each of your protectorates.
    That would be very much in the spirit of the time period

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    That would be very much in the spirit of the time period

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

I feel very depressed that I'm always saying this, but it seems unlikely that this is possible to code, to me. But I know nothing of code or modding, so... just trying to make sure people's hopes aren't hugely up and they don't prejudice people's opinions of TRoM when such things are not implemented, I suppose. ><
    Most Serene.

Of course we wont TROMS a great mod as it is and we (or at least most of us, or failing that at least I) acknoledge that people are using their free time to make a game experience that is not just better for themselves but the rest of us too ^^

We all very much apreciate it (especially those of us not quite nerdy enough to be able to code XD). But we were asked for suggestions so we happily supply them
    Last edited by valmarus; December 09, 2009 at 07:35 PM.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

It might be possible through scripting... It was possible in M2TW (e.g. when you got Crusaders on loan). But I have about zero knowledge of scripting.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down