Thread: [HoI3] Next Patch ?

Default [HoI3] Next Patch ?

any ideas when the next hoi3 patch is coming out because im yet to play a full game without quitting because of lag, my pc is a 2 cpu 4400 @ 2.00GHz , 2gb of ram , Nvidia geforce 7500 LE and im running windows vista
    anyhelp , is it my pc or is it the game , will the next patch help it and when is it comming out
    thanks

No, that isn't a banana

Default Re: Next Patch ?

It's partly your PC and partly the game. I'd say you are at the low end of the spectrum in terms of hardware. Have you checked the tech forum? There should be lots of hints for optomizing the game.

ok thanks
    Last edited by JRR; December 03, 2009 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTZ View Post
    It's partly your PC and partly the game. I'd say you are at the low end of the spectrum in terms of hardware. Have you checked the tech forum? There should be lots of hints for optomizing the game.
    do you think more ram would help

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

It must be quite a lot to do with the game though. Personally, I have:

Pentium E500 dual core 2.60 ghz
    Nvidia GeForce GT 220 1024MB
    3 GB RAM

and I find it pretty unacceptably laggy, even with the 1.2 patch which was supposed to reduce it a bit. I presume those aren't terrible specs - at least decent enough to expect to be able to play a relatively lag-free game? Or maybe my PC is worse than I think?

plus the 1.3 patch was meant to reduce it even more ,i think there maybe another patch coming out this month (i hope) hopfuly it corrects some problems with lag

Campidoctor

Last time I was over there, Johan said there definitely wouldn't be anything before Christmas as far as a new patch goes. He's literally injured right now and can't even program. While your system is a little light as OTZ said it's not entirely at fault. I'm running on an i7 and a gtx 295 and I still get a decent amount of lag once the major wars start up.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by caius_titus_ceasar View Post
    plus the 1.3 patch was meant to reduce it even more ,i think there maybe another patch coming out this month (i hope) hopfuly it corrects some problems with lag
    From my understanding 1.3 does not fix memory lag problem, but only the bugs (which alot).

It seems that memory lagging is worse in 1.3 than 1.2, but for me it is not a problem if you have 2 GB free space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

No, that isn't a banana

I have to second hellheaven's post that 1.3 didn't address the lag issue (at least not that I recall seeing it in the release notes).

I don't think the game is anywhere close to being as optimized as it should be. As you can see - even people with high-end systems get lag - so there's obivously some work that needs to be done in the code somewhere.

More RAM might help, but it'll be meaningless if you are not using x64 version of Vista (and even then, I don't know how noticeable the improvement would be anyway).

HAve you tried running the game in windowed mode? I've read that this my help...

I have to second hellheaven's post that 1.3 didn't address the lag issue (at least not that I recall seeing it in the release notes).

I don't think the game is anywhere close to being as optimized as it should be. As you can see - even people with high-end systems get lag - so there's obivously some work that needs to be done in the code somewhere.

More RAM might help, but it'll be meaningless if you are not using x64 version of Vista (and even then, I don't know how noticeable the improvement would be anyway).

HAve you tried running the game in windowed mode? I've read that this my help...
    how do i run it in windowed mode ???

No, that isn't a banana

There is a "Settings" text file in the main directory...go in it and change "fullScreen=yes" to "fullScreen=no"