Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: High Elf complete strategy: start to finish. For airborne guy

Default Re: High Elf complete strategy: start to finish. For airborne guy

I just downloaded the game and started reading your guide, I have a few questions...
    1) barracks are ruled by events now?!!
    2) are their merchants for all the resources around the map?
    3) what are the hidden resources that I need? It seems that every troop type has a hidden resource
    requirement.
    4) how do I build up my economy in comparison to ME2tw
    5) I still have a general "what da F is goin on" feel about this game so any help or pointers would b appreciated.
    Thank u

@DinoMight

1. There is a barracks event yes. Every faction can only build its elite units after the Barracks Event which happens at turn 41.
    2. There are 'merchant resources' but you are not able to recruit merchants. Resources add to the settlement trade and thus settlement income. So even though you cannot use the resources for merchants, they do add to the income of the region they are located in.
    3. What do you mean? Regiontypes? Elves have the fastest replenishment rate in forest regions. You can check which regiontype you need by reading the information on your military buildings.
    You can check which type a region is by reading the information on the building that appears as a book. Just go to a settlement, go to constructed buildings. There should be a building that appears a book. Right click it and scroll down. There you will find the special units recruitable there, the regiontype and whether the AI gets the Garrison Script bonus.
    4. It is harder to maintain a good economy in TATW than in M2TW this is due to high amounts of corruption. The amount of money that you make will be severly reduced if the settlement is far way from your capital. To counteract this, you could elect a new settlement as your capital city, this will cost 5000 gold though so you can't spam it.

Good luck!

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Just sweep everything between your starting cities and Imladris, north of that river between you and Isengard. When you connect your territories (that means taking Ost-in-Edhil from the Orcs and protecting it against Moria raids), spread garrisons and commanders along the border, disband most of your archers, adopt some chivalry guys and wait till you get the reform, while you build up your cities and buy the lands from your allies. Your army can easily defend the cities, even if you lose at the gate and on the walls, you will route them at the plaza.

3.2 doesn't really encourage tanking High Elves, as they need Edhil for their reform.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234