Thread: Distinctive Factions

Default Distinctive Factions

I wonder, could there be some innovative ways to make it feel when your playing as France like your playing as France? How about making it feel like when you're fighting Prussia your fighting the Kingdom of Prussia?

The mod community may be able to think up some tricks for more individualistic and distinctive faction traits but here are some possibilities that might require CA:
    - Buildings on battle map have flags of the faction in whose territory they currently are.
    - Visibility of cultural landmarks such as capital buildings in Battle map.
    - Architecture typical of certain factions, based on research for examples. (Blockhouses & Orthodox churches in Russia, windmills & tulips in Netherlands (screw stereotyping)), famous castles. Maybe when two armies engage on a certain point on the map, the map could include specific landmarks (not all the time, but with major landmarks) and each landmark map has its own 'warp-pool' area on the campaign map.
    - Faction specific technologies.
    - Faction specific history bites (when I'm playing as Russia, I should be getting Russian history bites not 90% British ones).
    - Faction-specific background music.

Any other ideas?

Default Re: Distinctive Factions

Imperial Splendor is a mod that makes every faction unique.There are a few faction specific techs.

But each army has things different about it, Like the Prussian army has the best infantry and the fastest firing rates. And Russia has OWNAGE artillery.... I use this mod and it's amazing

Nice! Thanks, solves my problem

bwc153's Avatar Miles

Russia has the best melee... im not sure about their artillery.