QVAESTOR
    QVINTVS LICINIVS CATO

TRIBVNVS PLEBIS
    AVLVS STATIVS CVLLEOLVS
    AVLVS FESTINIVS PORCVLVS

PONTIFEX MAXIMVS
    PVBLIVS HERRENIVS BARBA
    Last edited by Ozy; December 04, 2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Suffectus

Default Re: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Barba/?

Pallas for suffectus consul?

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

ooc; just a note, this is a new character

ic;Senators, i would be willing to serve as suffectus consul

OOC: No one asks what happened to Statius too hehe.

IC: I will serve as suffectus consul should the senate will it. Also, we should find out where Senator Statius is, I heard that he did not come home last night when I was in the market today. It's even more strange that he is not around at a time like this.
    Lucius Valerius Poplicola - Patrician - 34

Senators, before setting up the vote for suffectus I will give enough time for all candidates to put themselves forward

But this news of Statius is troubling does anyone know where he went to last? Pallas too is absent, troubling, most troubling.

As soon as a lead is given I shall follow it up immediately.

Oh and my congratulations to the successful candidates and those who were unsuccessful, everyone fought a good campaign.
    Last edited by Crozimodo; December 01, 2009 at 01:30 AM.
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

"Nay! Only men who have been Praetors can run for that office, the highest level in our government!" yelled Petronius, who then looked around trying to find who had been the most recent Praetors. "Perhaps Senator Felix, will serve the Republic once more..." he said, knowing that if he did not run, then other former Praetors, possibly even Pallas, would be able to take the office.

Tazgrent's Avatar Ducenarius

"Perhaps we could have the latest reports from Epirus before we proceed? I would be interested to know how Celsus is faring after his blunder."

"And how will we get that, Senator, now that our fleet is gone? We can only hope Celsus's men hold their lines, and perhaps send Barba there to aid him. As for the Consul, I assume that now that few men are around available for the office, we could expand the criteria for any other who seeks the office."

The doors swung open and Pallas entered the Curia

As so few men were able to put forth the necessary pre-requisites for Consul, I would like to stand for suffectus. Though my military ability is not of the best, I feel that under my leadership, a new Rome can be born from the ashes of the old one. (ooc: no game)

Senators, let us put aside our distrust of each other now for the past has been relegated to the past where it belongs.

Crusades

I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Petronius laughed to himself upon hearing that Pallas would run for the office.

"Very well, Senator Pallas. Let's see how you fare in the voting," he said, mocking him. "Then is it a race between these 3 candidates? No more men wish to put their names forward? If that's the case, then perhaps the Praetor would be kind enough to start the voting session."

Three men, Petronius? As I recall, you seem more than adamant a moment ago to remove the other two from running in favor of placing Felix into consulship with the argument that those two other candidates have not filled their share as praetor. As Felix is not present in the chamber to accept his nomination, I suppose I will be running this unopposed.

The same cruel smile that had curled on his face when he watched his house burn crept on his face again. Soon, Rome will know terror. Not the childish terror of seven years ago when men in black shields dragged people from their homes. No, a real terror when people dare not trust the closest people to them. When fathers would gladly murder their sons and wives to save their skin.

So, Petronius, have you been caught by your own suggestion and realized that you have single handedly propelled me to consulship?

Crusades

Do tell me Pallas, but when was the last time an Enemy of Rome, was allowed to run for office? When is the last time that an OUTLAW could be elected CONSUL OF ROME!?

Were I an outlaw, I would be bludgeoned to death the second I stepped into the City. Yet I stand here, alive and well, which is more than what we can say about other members of this House. So an Enemy of the Republic? Hardly. Listen to me, Scribonius, you would do well to stay your tongue.

Crusades

Quote Originally Posted by chaplain118 View Post
    Three men, Petronius? As I recall, you seem more than adamant a moment ago to remove the other two from running in favor of placing Felix into consulship with the argument that those two other candidates have not filled their share as praetor. As Felix is not present in the chamber to accept his nomination, I suppose I will be running this unopposed.

The same cruel smile that had curled on his face when he watched his house burn crept on his face again. Soon, Rome will know terror. Not the childish terror of seven years ago when men in black shields dragged people from their homes. No, a real terror when people dare not trust the closest people to them. When fathers would gladly murder their sons and wives to save their skin.

So, Petronius, have you been caught by your own suggestion and realized that you have single handedly propelled me to consulship?
    "Hardly, senator. For once, I retracted those words before you even presented your candidacy. I reconsidered my words, knowing we would find ourselves in a situation with no eligible candidates. Most importantly, however, if they do not fill the requirements, then neither do you." he said, smiling back at Pallas.

"You see, one must be Praetor for a full term before being able to run for Consul. Now, if my memory does not fail me, and it hardly does, the tragic year that you were removed from office was your first as Praetor, wasn't it? Then, of course, as we all know, you were removed from office by this body. Ergo, you did not serve for a year. Ergo, you do not meet the requirements. Either all become candidates, or no one does."

[Lucius turned to smile at Barba]
    And now Pallas, you see why it is futile to fight against the laws of our great city. I have seen you squeal and squirm under it's knowing gaze as you plotted and tried your hardest to become powerful, but in the end it is the very laws you sought to exploit that have been your undoing. Take heed, men of Rome, of the folly of Pallas, sowing the seeds of his own destruction, both here and afar. Take heed the all powerful reach of our city to destroy those that sought to undo our civilization. Now Praetor, shall we begin the election of a suffect Consul?

So be it Scribonius, I shall concede defeat when it has been bestowed upon me. After all, what could possibly be the worst outcome in this election?

A glint of fury flashed in his eyes, but the smile upon his lips remained as he stared at Scribonius. The man looked so much like that old man who had been one of the first to be nailed to the cross seven years ago. Pallas imagined the youth in the same position as that old man and the smile grew wider.

Crusades

[Lucius felt one of the worst chills of his life pass through him. He cleared his throat]
    The worst outcome, traitor, is that Rome will suffer more than it already has. There has been a rotten smell in Rome these last few days and the least we can do is attempt to stop it before it destroys us from the inside.

The rotten smell was due to the fact that people have stopped visiting the baths after your little... ah, stunt on those premises.

Crusades

OOC: XD funny

"I assume you are referring to the dozens of snakes you hid, waiting to kill Roman citizens?"

Pallas smiled as his gaze hardened.

So it seems, Scribonius, so it seems. But I wonder, would the snakes have killed hard working Romans or merely decadent cancers on society that must be removed? And in the end, would I have done a greater service for the Republic than all the smooth talkers in the world ever done?

Crusades

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast