Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Most unhistorical thing you've done or seen happen?

RWT's Avatar Foederatus

Icon12 Re: Most unhistorical thing you've done or seen happen?

Not much, other than Savoy taking over large tracts of India and the American interior. Oh, and Louisiana staging a successful invasion of the motherland. Minor factions are fun to play.

And has anyone else noticed that in the beginning of the game, the position of Stadtholder of the United Provinces is held by William III of Orange's evil twin? I understand that he has to be a separate character for gameplay, but at least make the portraits look the same...

Signature

Prince of Darkness's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Most unhistorical thing you've done or seen happen?

Historically the pirates never attack the war fleets. They pick lone trade ships and Spanish Galleons instead.
    Another unhistorical thing is ALL pirates around the world disappeared once somebody took control of Trinidad and the Leeward Islands. We should destroy Antigua and Trinidad to stop the Somali pirates!
    WARNING:
    The comment above may contain offensive material that may or may not be appropriate for people above the age of 18. The guidance of your children is advised unless you press the green little button with a plus under the avatar.
    Please, please, PLEASE, god... If you give us back Freddie Mercury, we will not only give you Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus... We will give you the whole disney realitystarcrew!!!
    And if you're wondering if it's worth to give up your favourite artist, then we'll throw Jay Z and Lady Gaga in the pool too

maratha make colonial in american morroco conquered portugal, spain, france and britain.

Morroco are giving me grief also - playing as the ottomans and they have conquered the barbary states and portugal. I'm secure to strike back at them now though...
    "Advice for the day: If you have a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two, and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN."

In my last game as Prussia I watched in awe as Savoy declared war on France and proceeded to chew through all their defenses to conquer Paris.

(Of course I came to Frances aid by war dec'ing Savoy and taking all their Territory....Paris included ;D )

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

There are many cases and examples I had in 2.100 hours of ETW ....

Marathes and Mughals making a navel landing in America with conquering provinces ... also madein Europe.

Bavaria conquering complete Germany, Netherlands, France and Spain .... the same done by other minors too as Westphalia or even Hungary conquering haf Russia.

But the most unhistorical thing existing in the game are the steam vessels. ETW starts in the year 1700 and officialy ends 1800. In these 100 years not a single Steam-Warship was build or even used! The first Steam.Warships dated of 1840!
    So hell knows what CA thought about implementing such SciFi stuff in the game ....

Senior Moderator and Staff Member of the large German Totalwar-Zone (over 11.000 members):
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/in...39807329133e3f

Death smiles at us all, the only thing you could do is smile back!
    Mark Aurel, Roman General and Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Mandelus♔ View Post
    There are many cases and examples I had in 2.100 hours of ETW ....

Marathes and Mughals making a navel landing in America with conquering provinces ... also madein Europe.

Bavaria conquering complete Germany, Netherlands, France and Spain .... the same done by other minors too as Westphalia or even Hungary conquering haf Russia.

But the most unhistorical thing existing in the game are the steam vessels. ETW starts in the year 1700 and officialy ends 1800. In these 100 years not a single Steam-Warship was build or even used! The first Steam.Warships dated of 1840!
    So hell knows what CA thought about implementing such SciFi stuff in the game ....
    To be fair it's not completely crazy... for example if you had an earlier industrial revolution then perhaps steamships would have been around earlier. I mean IRL the first steam vessels were late 1700s. Just imagine if that was pushed back 40 years with your immense empire endorsing steam. I'm more annoyed by the Marathas and the fact that there is no 7 year war, 13 year war, etc. but instead it's the actual 100 years war.

If you would like me to make you a similar signature to this one, feel free to PM me.

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Amberon View Post
    To be fair it's not completely crazy... for example if you had an earlier industrial revolution then perhaps steamships would have been around earlier. I mean IRL the first steam vessels were late 1700s. Just imagine if that was pushed back 40 years with your immense empire endorsing steam. I'm more annoyed by the Marathas and the fact that there is no 7 year war, 13 year war, etc. but instead it's the actual 100 years war.
    Well, sorry but I must disagree. Yes, the first steam vessel was build 1783m but this was a little small boat and even the vessel of Fulton at 1809 was small and no comparsion to a Steam war ship in frigate style!
    Even when there are only some decades in history between the first Steam Warships of 1830/ 1840 and the official end-year of ETW, it is like giving a SciFi technologie and as comparsion it is for me like giving the US in a WW2 game the M1A2 Abrams tanks ... there are also only about - to 4 decades difference between end of WW2 and the final development and release of the first Abrams in the beginning of the 80's.

Senior Moderator and Staff Member of the large German Totalwar-Zone (over 11.000 members):
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/in...39807329133e3f

Death smiles at us all, the only thing you could do is smile back!
    Mark Aurel, Roman General and Emperor

Civis

A massive alliance of minor nations, comprising of Genoa, Greece, Malta, and Georgia (which controls the Caspian already!) taking out the ottoman empire in five years, then all declaring war on each other simultaneously. Genoa somehow managed to win, despite the fact that it had been pushed to Corsica by savoy a long time ago. Only slightly more likely than Malta managing this.

Then Genoa invaded India. And won. helped by the fact that I controlled the eastern coast (United provinces), but still.

Great Britain becomes a Protectorate of the USA.

Jack95's Avatar Libertus

I'm playing as Sweden and those ing Marathas just felt like getting on a ship, sailing south around Africa, north to Europe, east through the English Channel, across the North Sea and landing an army in (Swedish) Denmark, capturing it, and then getting executed for being a band of idiots.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by English Total War Gamer View Post
    Great Britain becomes a Protectorate of the USA.
    Yes... Unhistorical...

If you would like me to make you a similar signature to this one, feel free to PM me.

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

Maratha taking over India? ok.
    Maratha doing a sea invasion on the Iberian Peninsula and taking over Portugal AND Spain? not ok!

Inuits take over New England and New France.

Pirates.... conquer Moscow????

Courtland as a protectorate of Poland. 20 turns later, Poland, or more like what is left of it, is a protectorate of Courtland.

Georgia owning Pakistan, then emerging Mamlukes... then Ottomans... and THEN.... taking over India. HOLY ! Me playing as Russia.... survived only because I was ally to it. (Final score was Russia = Europe, Africa, Russia, and America's. Georgia = Greece, Asia Minor, Middle east, India)
    SS 6.4, Eras 2.3, DotS Project
    The first computer you had always was the best.
    R.I.P. 2001-2011

r3deed's Avatar Semisalis

maratha is invading united province...
    russia captured tunisia

Icon4 Re: Most unhistorical thing you've done or seen happen?

Yes... Unhistorical...
    "Advice for the day: If you have a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two, and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN."

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

Yes... Unhistorical...
    Not entirely, the USA seems to cover Britains ass like crazy now-adays...

Quote Originally Posted by penquin11 View Post
    Not entirely, the USA seems to cover Britains ass like crazy now-adays...
    I really need [/sacrasm] tags...

Civis

Everything about the Marthas is automatically unhistorical. Seriously, orange death is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by EmberFlame View Post
    Everything about the Marthas is automatically unhistorical. Seriously, orange death is insane.
    Their fun though, its nice to have a dominant indian power to fight

I had to register just to reply to this thread because I think I've got a winner (well it makes me laugh anyway).

Great Britain selling New York to the Mughal Empire after forming an alliance with United States who had gained their independence in Boston after overthrowing the Tyrannical Iroquois government there. This was all NPC action, meanwhile I was living it up as the United Provinces with control of everything west of the Rhine (excluding GB & Ireland) in Europe, everything south of Georgia in the Americas, and the entire lower half of the Indian subcontinent. My point there being that this game rarely holds up to any sort of historical accuracy.