Thread: Battle of Hastings Terrain

Default Battle of Hastings Terrain

Would it be possible to make the battle map of Hastings have less trees on it? IIRC Hastings was basicaly clear with trees/brush on either side forcing the Normans to attempt a direct assault. It is quite annoying having trees everywhere an not being able to see what exactly is going on. Plus my cavalry aren't as devestating.
    Also, what is the reccomended unit size? I set mine to large but I didn't recieve any reinforcements in HAstings despite it saying so on the pre battle screen. I know that means your comp doesn't think it can handle it, but my graphics card can handle Empire on high graphics relativly well and it also does a fine job on the Borodino battle in Napoleonic TW on large unit size where you basicaly have 4 full stack armies going at it made up almost entirely of infantry with 240 men in a unit.
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

Default Re: Battle of Hastings Terrain

The 1.3 patch of the mod will have the trees from RS 1.6, which are smaller (and woodlands will also be sparser). That said, the creator of the HB can tweak things further at will.

Thanx for the info. At the time, I've already finished with the terrain/armies stuff, but i'm stucked with the script (the game does not recognise the end_script line... don't know what happens).
    If you people, after playing the hb, want me to change something, just post your comments and critics and I may make a new release... Anyway, i'll have first to release it so that you can eventually play it =P
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Anything happening with this battle I would love to see the finished one.

Sorry, I've been short of time and working in another HB... I got stucked with some error in the script, I'll try to fix it in this days... It's already playable without script, but I don't think it would be much fun without it...
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free