Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

Quetz - Hows it going marra!!! thought i would pop in and say hello to my favourite Greek mod!!

Hi toon, its going well, I am just coding in 3 more factions, doing the norse next which will be fab. I got some artwork to add to the minotaurs and then I will make some screens. Hows your goin’
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Hi toon, its going well, I am just coding in 3 more factions, doing the norse next which will be fab. I got some artwork to add to the minotaurs and then I will make some screens. Hows your goin’
    Am doin canny man!!! Napoleon all in one mod has got of to a good start!!
    5,000 downloads already and thats just over three weeks!!

5,000 downloads already and thats just over three weeks!!
    Cool, that must be just about everyone who bought the game lols, seriously though well done!

Maybe I’ll get the game when its under a tenner, then I’ll d/l your mod, …first tw game ever that I havent bought.

hows the weather up there? its way hot down here, i had to come in to cool down, get a bit of shade ~ which is nice after the winter we had.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

you.. yo-... you're... talkin' ...

bout..

THE WEATHER ?

haha terribly english of me i know

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This totally calls for some modern variation of the "our arrows will blot out the sun" line, but sadly I can't think of one.

Ah yes it’s a Persian curse that causes northern Europeans to mostly have cloudy days.

Well before you added the units the spartan kings guard were recruitable with the original campaign game!

you can add them if you like, they were in stw 3.0 but people said it was too easy, so we omitted them from 3.5 ~ but we went back to a previous beta that had them in and i forgot to take them out again.

Emperor BLUBBS VII's Avatar Decanus

Downloading now, seems good
    Advance to Contact. Duffer Mod.

Genius mod +rep. 3 questions: Is it possible for you to add thermopylae as a map?, and there seems to be a glitch once i tried to play a battle the whole map was just water and all my units died in the water... and the game just stops working randomly I mean it works most of the time, but still it gets kinda annoying like i cant save my campaign because it exits out is this just a glitch or did i download incorrectly??? Please help me, and add thermopylae as a map!!!

the custom battles sometimes don't work, cause was to lazy to fix 'em

Emperor BLUBBS VII

The thing with your units being under water is when you use a custom map that doesn’t work with our campaign map, its not a broken mod or anything, just use a different map.
    We designed the game specifically for campaigns you see.

As for your other problems, we advise that you copy your vanilla rome files [you do have them backed up right!] to your documents folder. This is because vista doesn’t like anything being added to programs in program files, it creates a virtual drive. This means that even if you installed correctly you could still get problems. You may get a map issue around Corinth, but just go back to a saved game and move your armies around and it will be fine.

If you don’t have a backup, then uninstall/delete all your modfolders and mods from your rome installation, and copy it to your documents folder and try reinstalling. This may work although it is better to have a vanilla install.

Make sure you read the notes on the release thread too.

Good luck, and I hope you get it working fine like we have.

I do have my RTW files backed up and thanx a bunch!

nice i always wanted to lead a huge spartan army

Thanks, we may be making a new greek unit pack soon, along with some harder starting stats, so keep an eye out for that.

That great quezal!! I´m gonna download right know an give it a try..

Just copy that file from the original Rome:Total War files into the data file, then it works

hi james.

Just copy that file from the original Rome:Total War files into the data file, then it works
    What file and what works?