Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    ha no worries i just sportted it in the old thread, i'll add it to the op. nice one mate.

hip did you add the other file to the install? no worries if you havent, it would have made things easier tis all.

Which file?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the file and no, I missed that

hip63

No worries it’s a simply drag n drop job to add anyway, thanks.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Hi Guys, I'm new here (just registered) but i want to thank you personally for making such a good mod,
    I'm crazy abaut the hellenistic timeframe and look forward to getting addicted to this game .

Although,
    maybe i should focus on my exams.... NAAAAAAH...

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Welcome to this amazing site
    focus on your exams and when you have nothing to do play this nice mod
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

I do not know a lot abaut computers, and i have vista... when i had downloaded the mod, suddenly a winzip window opened, whit all the info.. but i can't unzip, at least it foes not have a 'button'. will someone help a confused student?

I do not know a lot abaut computers, and i have vista... when i had downloaded the mod, suddenly a winzip window opened, whit all the info.. but i can't unzip, at least it foes not have a 'button'. will someone help a confused student?
    Hi Antipater, go to where you downloaded the zip file, right click on the zip and unzip it to wherever you keep your downloads [anywhere you want, your documents for example].

Once unzipped open the folder that you have unzipped and find the file inside it called Sparta. Copy and paste it into your ‘rome - total war’ folder, then folow instruction in the opening post for how to make a shortcut. read it through fully and follow it step by step!

I presume you didn’t download the self installer version provided?

have fun.

edit, update; Some of the factions didn’t have capital letters, this is changed now and file is attached at the bottom of the opening post.
    Last edited by Agisilaos; December 10, 2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: merged double post
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

spartancrotty's Avatar Civis
    On your front porch eating doritos. seriously, go look

Ha Ha. Nice catch

hey my friend thepersianguy sent a request to join. say Hi!
    Last edited by Agisilaos; December 10, 2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: merged double post

Sparta Total War----Mythology Total War

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

edit, update; Some of the factions didn’t have capital letters, this is changed now and file is attached at the bottom of the opening post.
    I could have sworn I reported that during testing...?

hey my friend thepersianguy sent a request to join. say Hi!
    I have let him in the team though I don’t know anything about him, do you? It certainly wont hurt to have someone who knows things from the Persian perspective.

I could have sworn I reported that during testing...?
    Yea I had a lot of stuff to do and capital letters were last on my agenda.

I am playing rome at the moment and have changed the stats so that all units take at least 2 turns to build, this allows the AI to not run out of money and to not build loads of stacks. It generally makes the game harder imho. I will attach the EDU to the op for if anyone else wants to use it. Sparta is doing well so it seams to suit them better.

Ya he is persian. all the way back, his grandpa was a persian historian, Just like my great grandpa was a spartan archeologist

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I bet you two get along great!

LOL. Hes accualy a really close friend of mine

It should probably be noted in the OP that the application to install the STW symbols included with the installer version of STW 3.5 is obsolete, since the symbols are already implemented in 3.5 and now don't (AFAIK) overwrite the vanilla symbols like they used to.

Ya he is persian. all the way back, his grandpa was a persian historian, Just like my great grandpa was a spartan archeologist
    Oh cool, ok I will be interested to hear what he has to say then.

an unlikely but rather cool freindship.

I spot good material for a new movie

Hope he doesn't mind working with a Yank.

Horah go america!!!

Hello

I had been playing the previous version of Sparta and so for simplicity I uninstalled the old version and dowloaded the 3.5 using the installer version. I assumed there was no need to anything with the banners and models files using the installer. However, when playing I see there are no pictures of the Construction / Recruitment units. Do I need to copy and paste a file or 2?

Also, in the previous version I plyed the Grecians. But although they are in the game, they are not a playable faction. Is this correct?

Loved the previous version.

This version is much better and less buggy, I know I missed a couple of things in the coding for the last version. Not to mention all the new units 4 factions redone etc.

You should have kept 3.0 then just overwrite the date and banners file. Do you mean unit cards or buildings cards for the campaign? We havent done any buildings cards so they should not be affected. Tbh it sounds like you havent installed correctly and the folders are not in the right place. Delete the whole mod and follow the instructions on the opening post ~ properly lols.

Grecians now use the senate faction which wont work unless we completely remove the senate and all its features, and that is almost as hard as making the whole mod lols. So that people could play as SPQR they now use the romans brutii faction slot. sorry i didnt know anyone played as them as their roster is so small.

-NVM- problem solved
    Last edited by Maximus_Slaveius; December 16, 2009 at 10:11 AM.