Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

No, STW won't alter your vanilla files.

Hi MarKusDib
    edit; i couldnt even find sparta on the wiki? i know an entry is being made though.

You don’t have to overwrite the banners folder nor anything else, but for some strange reason I did have to, so I thought I would add that in case others had the same problem. Since then it appears no one else has ~ as far as I know, so that means yes the mod is fully modfoldered.

Check out the wip of our new mod;

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=388909

Last edited by Amorphos; September 11, 2010 at 06:48 PM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

TYVM guys for the answer !!!

You can find a pretty good list and organized though , of the RTW , M2TW , ETW , NTW here ...
    It allows the players to instal a lot of modfoldered mods in just 1 RTW plataform in istead of make a lot of copies ... the exceptions are the non and half modfoldered mods ...

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Released_Mods

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess not, so anyway, the new Sparta installer v3.5 is ready for download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XTZPNZ47

hip63
    when i used this to instal it to my rome total war directory it says somthing about uninstal? some weird problem.

also when i manual instal it it says theres missing texture such as diplomat_julii_stw.tga?
    Last edited by Reven; September 28, 2010 at 07:30 AM.

Do I need those attached txt files for a working game?

THX for clarifying

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

it works and without them, they are just small fixes or changes
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

When i play, i have a problem. After few minutes the game stops and dont andswers anymore. Can you help me ??
    I have i5 750 4gb DDR 3 geforce GTX460 1024 DDR5 so this is not caused by my computer and i have winows 7
    And i used instalation file
    Sorry for my english i just learning
    Last edited by Apofis; November 01, 2010 at 03:56 PM.

hi apofis, check through the bugs thread to see if it is any of the problems discussed there, we usually find it is! mostly there is a map glitch in greece, so you just need to move some armies around and it will sort it out.

check the bugs thread!
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Thanks for fast answer, i paly Roman senat and i have this problem for example when battle is loading or when i am in the battle map

we made the roman senate unplayable because it caused problems like that, try play another faction.

Thanks
    hmm i prefer to play romans do do you have another mod with the Romans as good as the Spartan total war

ah i got confused as the senate faction is magna grecia in this mod, you should be able to play as the romans no problem. if you can say what the problem is then i'll try to help.

you could add the romans to a different mod or vanilla rtw, but you will need to now basic coding.

The game is hang up after few minutes of play

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    so you guys want a new installer?

hip63
    yes please since i can never get mods an easier installer would be godly.

Quote Originally Posted by peopole45 View Post
    yes please since i can never get mods an easier installer would be godly.
    Okay, you do realize that you just quoted a post made over a year ago and that said "new" installer has since been made and is available for DL on page 1 of this thread, right?

Libertus

Default Tribute to the creators of this Masterpiece

As you can no doubt infer from my board rank, I am fairly passive in my interactions with this website, however, I felt compelled to inform the fine gentlemen responsible for crafting this mod of my gratitude and appreciation. I usually need to (re)watch either Alexander or 300 to put me in the right disposition for Eastern themed Rome campaigning, but now, thanks to this mod, I can forgo the traditional inducement.
    I do wish to inquire of the creators, or anyone with the knowledge for that matter, of how one reactivates the labels on the settlements in the campaign map (i.e. the bar below the city indicating the happiness, income, production, etc.). I assumed it was in preferences.txt, but as yet have been unable to locate it.
    Again, commendations to all who partook in this undertaking, you have my thanks and respect for your fine work.

Libertus

Disregard my earlier post, as I worked out the problem on my own but now I have another, the game freezes in battles, usually within the first few minutes of play. I'm playing as the Persians, running Windows 7, 64 bit system and 3.5 ghz processor. I have adjusted the resolution down several levels, but to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lucius_Vorenus

I just pm-d you with answers on how to make the install correctly, please ensure that your shortcut has the ‘show_err’ command in it so we can see what the problem is! …the game will show a message after it ctd’s.

Usually the game will crash before actually entering battle if there is anything wrong with the coding or files are missing, so I am guessing the game is not being allowed access to files once loaded. This is usually because your system has them in a virtual space, so hopefully if you install with the UAC off, then this problem wont occur.

Also check the rome workshop for similar know crashes ~ if the above doesn’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    This is usually because your system has them in a virtual space, so hopefully if you install with the UAC off, then this problem wont occur.
    Or just install RTW outside of Program Files like I do.

Indeed, and that’s exactly what I told him to do in the pm. It is still better to switch the uac off when installing and modding as I have had issues before.