Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

Default RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

latest edit; a new expanded text giving upper-case text for sparta and other factions has been made.

edit, update; Some of the factions didn’t have capital letters, this is changed now and file is attached at the bottom of the post.

edit2; Also attached is an 'export_desc_units' file that makes all units take at least two turns to build, it makes the game more intense and generally harder. Late romans are more expensive now too.

edit3; The cretans begin with the Egyptian guard, so I corrected that to the proper greek general. File also attached at the bottom of this post.

install issues;
    edit4; Please note; you must unpack the game after a fresh install!
    read the instructions!
    make sure you have the correct target line in your shortcut.

Please read the text below and install from here;
    NOTE; THIS IS A FULL MOD NOT A PATCH. it is designed for the main campaign map, some custom battle maps wont work with the new map.

Download;
    http://www.filefront.com/15023399/SP...AR%20III.V.zip

download the installer version:

Sean has also made an installer version, one that may be easier for some of you to use;
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W1UO9P2T

or hip's one...
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XTZPNZ47

thanks to; hip63!

[B]Edit, sorry a last minute change in the files; the roman faction had the magna grecia faction symbol, so I had to swap them over, the file attached will sort it out for you.B]
    Edit b; I have also changed the interface files to correct that rome was using Grecian symbols ~ see the attachment for a zip with the two relevant files in. just copy the images and paste them here…

…Rome - Total War\SPARTA\Data\UI\ROMAN\INTERFACE

Readme for STW 3.5

-If you already have Sparta total war installed, then simply copy the data folder from the zip and overwrite your existing one.
    -You may need to copy the 'banners' folder over vanilla [though most dont], and will need to copy the 'models_engine' folder and overwrite the main rtw versions [this will simply add my new textures for balista's and onagers, but wont harm your vanilla install].

edit; It is a good idea to also add [copy/paste] the animations folder from the Sparta data folder over the animations folder in the main rome data folder ~ I made all units 10% bigger so you will get higher quality graphics. For some people you may get errors in the way units behave if you don’t, sorry but its just the way modfoldered mods work.

NOTE: I will be making smaller versions of the very high res textures for those of you with slower machines ~ if requested by enough people.

-If you dont already have the mod then :

1. Unzip the sparta 3.5. zip file to any folder where you normally dwonload stuff to.
    2. Open that folder and copy the folder within the zip file called 'sparta', this is the mod folder.
    3. Paste the modfolder called sparta into you main 'Rome - Total War' folder.
    4. Copy the 'banners' folder, and the 'models_engine' and overwrite the main rtw versions of them both.
    5. Right-click the shortcut from within the sparta folder, and click on 'send to desktop' ~ this will place the icon on your dektop. Now rightclick on that icon [now on your desktop], go to properties and browse in you sparta folder for the image called 'sparta icon image' and click ok. Now just make sure the target line in your shortcut links to the correct folder...

The target line of your shortcut should look like this :
    "C:\Users\name\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta

or

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta

In short, the text below has to go at the end of the target line after the text RomeTW.exe"

-show_err -nm -mod:Sparta"

To begin the game click on the icon.

VISTA users.
    It is always advisable to copy your entire rome folder [named activision or creative assemply] to your documents rather than use program files. if your version is in program files and you dont want to make a copy, then turn the UAC off ['users' in control panel] while installing.

Please note: We have beta tested this into oblivion, so the missing code present in STW3.0 should be sorted. As far as we know this is a fully working version with all symbols and graphics incorperated.
    If for some strange reason you get an error (usually due to conflicts with other mods), please post it at the forum or if its just a missing texture, then just copy an existing one and rename it to the name of the missing texture.
    All the textures are there, but sometimes especially in vista, the game will go by the name of a skin linked in the model, and not the one correctly coded.

thanks to;

THE STW 3.5 TEAM and especially mr blackadder [formerly king theodon1] for the map and relevant coding. Also to legio, Agisilaos, HP, margio, spartan198, spartancrotty and dirty for beta testing some coding and general help and friendship!

THE RTR TEAM for all their help graphics, models and support.
    a special thanks to BLADERUNNER 900, for most of the new models, and for generally putting up with and equalling my level of perfectionism.

THE RS TEAM AND TONE [for their help, guidance in texture making and use of many models].

THE TROY TEAM and ZHUGE for the use of many unit models.

THE XGM TEAM for use of many unit models.

to all the rtw modding teams, for art and other modding aspects, scaled trees etc, etc, without all of you most of us wouldnt ever get anything done.
    Last edited by Amorphos; February 26, 2011 at 11:59 AM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Default Re: RELEASE; SPARTA TOTAL WAR 3.5

Cool!

download limk is broken

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

so you guys want a new installer?

hip63

download limk is broken
    i just tried it and it was fine, perhaps refresh the page and try again.

if that doesnt work there is another link in the main twc download section.

so you guys want a new installer?
    good thinking batman, i should have asked before i just had so much to do.
    Last edited by Agisilaos; November 30, 2009 at 04:33 AM. Reason: merged 3 posts
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Great job guys!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

WOOHOO! IT'S RELEASED! This makes me want to dance!

Haha, that vid is sick man, not in a good way

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Well, that's not me... or is it?

PS: It's not me

Well, that's not me... or is it?

that’s internet forums for ya, firstly I didn’t know you was a girl, nor a messed up fat one from another planet.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Special thanks to legio for allowing the team to utilise his orifices.
    Lol, what?

Lol, what?

Hahaha, you get the prize for spotting it

thanks
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

spartancrotty's Avatar Civis
    On your front porch eating doritos. seriously, go look

Sparta Total War----Mythology Total War

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Congrats Quetz!

It's nice to see all your hard work pay off!

thunec's Avatar Laetus

after i installed it i got a ctd when opening that said errror could not read: data/descr_strategy_lighting.txt

Thanks for making the vid spartancrotty, it would look much better if you used the in game movie cam though!

It's nice to see all your hard work pay off!
    Thanks finn

after i installed it i got a ctd when opening that said errror could not read: data/descr_strategy_lighting.txt
    that’s strange because that file isn’t even in the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    that’s strange because that file isn’t even in the mod?
    Probably a wrong install or a different install program like for example Steam.

And great job Quetzalbabes !

Make this front-page news immediatly !

And try to organize the post a bit, like so :

Readme for STW 3.5

-If you already have Sparta total war installed, then simply copy the data folder from the zip and overwrite your existing one.
    -You will need to copy the 'banners' folder, and the 'models_engine' folder and overwrite the main rtw versions.

NOTE: I will be making smaller versions of the very high res textures for those of you with slower machines ~ if requested by enough people.

-If you dont already have the mod then :

1. Unzip the sparta 3.5. zip file to any folder where you normally dwonload stuff to.
    2. Open that folder and copy the folder within the zip file called 'sparta', this is the mod folder.
    3. Paste the modfolder called sparta into you main 'Rome - Total War' folder.
    4. Copy the 'banners' folder, and the 'models_engine' and overwrite the main rtw versions of them both.
    5. Right-click the shortcut from within the sparta folder, and click on 'send to desktop' ~ this will place the icon on your dektop. Now rightclick on that icon [now on your desktop], go to properties and browse in you sparta folder for the image called 'sparta icon image' and click ok. Now just make sure the target line in your shortcut links to the correct folder...

The target line of your shortcut should look like this :
    "C:\Users\name\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta

or

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta

In short, the text below has to go at the end of the target line after the text RomeTW.exe"

-show_err -nm -mod:Sparta"

To begin the game click on the icon.

VISTA users.
    It is always advisable to copy your entire rome folder [named activision or creative assemply] to your documents rather than use program files. if your version is in program files and you dont want to make a copy, then turn the UAC off ['users' in control panel] while installing.

Please note: We have beta tested this into oblivion, so the missing code present in STW3.0 should be sorted. As far as we know this is a fully working version with all symbols and graphics incorperated.
    If for some strange reason you get an error (usually due to conflicts with other mods), please post it at the forum or if its just a missing texture, then just copy an existing one and rename it to the name of the missing texture.
    All the textures are there, but sometimes especially in vista, the game will go by the name of a skin linked in the model, and not the one correctly coded.
    Last edited by Killerbee; November 30, 2009 at 01:12 PM.

It was front page news last night. I’ll copy and paste your version of the readme. Thanks mate!

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast