Thread: Installation issues

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Installation issues

Hello.

So I just downloaded and installed both IBII beta and the 1.0 patch. Everything went right till here.

Then I tried to run the game by clicking in the shortcut in the desktop. It didn't start up, and it said it couldn't find the file, some file called "IBII.bat". Then I thought I could rename the IBII folder in the mods' folder to americas, and rename americas to americas1.

When I try to run the Americas (now IBII) by the launcher, the loading screen of IBII flashed for half a second, and I'm back to desktop.

So, what am I doing wrong here?

P.S - I don't have the steam version.

P.P.S - I'm using vista X64.
    Last edited by Vítor Gaspar; November 29, 2009 at 08:49 AM.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Installation issues

Hi Duberdicus,

The best thing to do is to 1st change the settings on your MTWII folder in order to allow the IB2 installation program full access to the folders. Install the beta and then see if the game loads and runs. If you can play the campaign and the custom battles, go back and install patch 1.0.
    There have been issues with IB2 installing on vista. Vista does not always allow the IB2 installer to copy over all the files in the download.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond