Thread: Should smoking be made illegal? (Saint Nicholas vs Tankbuster) Commentary Thread

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Default Should smoking be made illegal? (Saint Nicholas vs Tankbuster) Commentary Thread

All comments, criticism, complaints, and encouragement to either side are welcome!
    But do keep it civil
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

Default Re: Should smoking be made illegal? (Saint Nicholas vs Tankbuster)

Thank you good sir, I assumed the local mods would open this thread but it is good it now exists anyway. To the debate
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

You can expect my next reply Friday night.
    I'm rather busy myself, and on top of that the Internet on my dormitory doesn't like me and is currently not functioning.
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Should smoking be made illegal?

Naaa, if the government really wanted to they could just hike the cigarette tax thru the roof and that would take a big chunk out of the problem. I believe an educated public should be free to choose its own vices. Bear in mind my mom's walking around with a hole in her throat the size of a half dollar...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling