Thread: Hearts of Iron 3 needs a revamp of statistics

Default Hearts of Iron 3 needs a revamp of statistics

I am pretty new to Paradox games as this is my first one, but this game has solidified my belief in Strategic gaming being well alive. However, I find my experience in HOI3 to be hampered by a single guilty fellow, the statistics.

I can't fathom how there are 30 different statistics panels to observe, but not one can tell me how many casualties I have sustained in battle or how many provinces I have lost.

For a war simulation that relies heavily on your ability to maintain an economy and war, it just seems so surprising that statistics such as these which are pretty important IMHO are not included. Does anyone else feel the same?

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Hearts of Iron 3 needs a revamp of statistics

yep

back in HoI2, there was an overview tab in the technology screen that allowed you to see the end result of your finished technologies.

Things such as: ship positioning, organization and morale; land combat event modifiers, combat reinforcement chance, various air force mission efficiencies etc...

Now as far as I know, it is still impossible to actually get that information from the game, about the doctrinal bonuses that you get from the technologies (other than simply memorizing them)
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-