Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nowhere Legion

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Default The Nowhere Legion

I feel it would be remiss of me if I failed to mention the launch of The Nowhere Legion on Amazon kindle!

After all the support and encouragement here, it is with pride and a little humility that I mention that the novel is now available as a single stand-alone work including a great cover from Joar.

Please head on over to the kindle page and 'like' the work as that would help raise its profile. I would also appreciate any review you may can to post up - as long as it is honest, of course!

The timing is wonderful as today I have officially informded of winning the First Place in this month's MAARC which also allowed me to earn enough points to win the coveted Gold Writing Award, too!

A special day all round for me!

And again, thanks for all the support from everyone here!

Default Re: The Nowhere Legion

Congratulation for your book SBH ! You deserve the awards you received !

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Really Congratulations!!!!

Congratulations!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Well done my friend. I hear there is a Paperback version. Where can I download it from?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Congratulation! The best Historical Novel I've read!

SBH, thank you again for your work and your presence here!

Thanks, guys! It has been a labour of love and one which I wouldn't have finished without all your support!

There is a hardback version available from Lulu here but it is priced so low (given their print on demand costs) that I only make a penny profit from it! Still better that than no hard back at all. I am working on an Amazon Createspace hardback version but it is a slow process.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Sorry for the silly suggestion, but I hate even the idea that 'The Nowhere Legion' can go in the 'Hades' of the finished AARs, the story is too good! OK! It is finished but.......It is really a great historical work!

So my silly suggestin: Would it be possible to put the Nowhere Legion in the Museum here, in some form, myabe only a permanent link, or an extract, or the entire work without the readers posts o.c.?..Or whatever you want....but please keep Felix here in the IBFD Forums, he will be among friends, and maybe the newcomers will discover an interesting work, a great amount of fashinating informations about IV century, and a good writer!

The same for the work of Knonfoda o.c.!.....when and if it will be ever finished! (It might be really an open and never ending story! )

I would feel happier seeing the achanthus V Macedonica whenever I enter in the IBFD Forums!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Thanks, guys! It has been a labour of love and one which I wouldn't have finished without all your support!

There is a hardback version available from Lulu here but it is priced so low (given their print on demand costs) that I only make a penny profit from it! Still better that than no hard back at all. I am working on an Amazon Createspace hardback version but it is a slow process.
    That's fair enough SBH but I don't have a kindle and I suppose I am still old fashioned when it come to books.

Renatus's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    I am working on an Amazon Createspace hardback version but it is a slow process.
    How slow is slow? I would like to have a real book but I would also like to see you get a reasonable return for your efforts.

Ah Renatus - the hardback will be out soon but there is still a lot of labour involved in design! The kindle seems to be the way to go!

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

You'd be surprised, but I also want the hardback version, I don't have a kindle and don't see myself getting one either!

I was tempted to get it from Lulu, but not at 1 penny profit to you! How can they even justify that, you're not even getting 1% for the book you've written yourself!

Well, Knonfoda, I will try and finish off the hardback version this weekend!
    Last edited by SeniorBatavianHorse; July 21, 2012 at 05:19 AM.

Quick update - I have re-jigged the Lulu hardback of The Nowhere Legion and it is now priced at £8.02 - from which I receive £1.81p profit! The Amazon hardback is proving more difficult than I thought to set-up and so will take longer!

Wow! That's great, SBH. Congratulations! You have always been a hell of a writer and you deserve to be read and recognized for you talents. Question: Will I be able to buy your book out of the UK?

Art by Joar

Thanks, Pseudo-Romanus, and yes you will! But the Amazon kindle is the better option - cheaper and it will raise my ranking in their kindle site. The Lulu version is just a print on demand version for me to use as a doormat really.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hey SBH have you considered putting this on nook? That would expand your reading base to Barnes and Nobles people.

(That and the link is only to a kindle download and my mom has a nook)

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

hey SBH I just finished the copy you gave to us months ago (i started a new time consuming job) . I wanted to know if its longer then that copy? if so I plan on buying a hard back copy of it for my father. I have been ranting about how much fun the AARs on the forum are and it would be great for him to read one that turned into so much more...I also want to know what the hell happens!!! "we "a nameless lose unknown to any.." why did you do that to me!!!?
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Hey SBH have you considered putting this on nook? That would expand your reading base to Barnes and Nobles people.

(That and the link is only to a kindle download and my mom has a nook)
    No, not yet. I am focusing on the Amazon kindle for the moment alas, MMFA!

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    hey SBH I just finished the copy you gave to us months ago (i started a new time consuming job) . I wanted to know if its longer then that copy? if so I plan on buying a hard back copy of it for my father. I have been ranting about how much fun the AARs on the forum are and it would be great for him to read one that turned into so much more...I also want to know what the hell happens!!! "we "a nameless lose unknown to any.." why did you do that to me!!!?
    That was probably Book 1 or something from Smashwords. The Amazon kindle is the complete finshed novel! I hope your dad likes it! Ask him to write a review as that would help me!

I have 3 reviews now on Amazon which to be honest is not enough to help the novel compete in a very saturated market. One is from a reader who seems not to have heard of The Nowhere Legion from this site and so is the first review from a reader of the general public. Please use the link in the OP to read it.

If anyone has bought the novel, I would really appreciate a review. From a marketing angle, it is very helpful!

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

you should have four reviews now
    anyone with a amazon account that has read the book please go to the site and write A review, its a fellow total war gamer and we need this man to write us more books!! you know and support him and what not
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast