Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - FAQ, Troubleshooting, and Bug Reports

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Default Re: FAQ, Troubleshooting and Bug Reports (current: v1.0.9)

hey e1, I have reloaded empire completely, and have and absolute clean install, and was wondering if I need to upload ape/ti v1.09, then the new beta, or do I go for the beta right away. Trying not to goof it up this time lol. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by grandpa View Post
    hey e1, I have reloaded empire completely, and have and absolute clean install, and was wondering if I need to upload ape/ti v1.09, then the new beta, or do I go for the beta right away. Trying not to goof it up this time lol. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.
    Right now, if you want to play APE: TI without any problems you'll want to just get v1.0.9 with the HOTFIX.

I don't know how AUM will work, though.

I am working furiously on the BETA and have the weekend ahead of me; I will be fixing all the issues we had in the BETA with the last patch!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Thank you sir. you folks are awesome, good luck.

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

Laetus

Hey. I've tried installing the mod at least 3 times and each time it's failed. Now, I experimented, and installed just 1.09 without installing the hotfix and everything seems to be fine. I'm aware of the trouble some people have with installing to Empire Total War/empire total war and I'm quite sure this wasn't the case. I'm going to try it one last time.

Yeah, I just tried it again and it crashed. Does the hotfix install somewhere besides the default directory?

Quote Originally Posted by Jick View Post
    Hey. I've tried installing the mod at least 3 times and each time it's failed. Now, I experimented, and installed just 1.09 without installing the hotfix and everything seems to be fine. I'm aware of the trouble some people have with installing to Empire Total War/empire total war and I'm quite sure this wasn't the case. I'm going to try it one last time.

Yeah, I just tried it again and it crashed. Does the hotfix install somewhere besides the default directory?
    No, the HOTFIX should install to the same place -- the Empire Total War folder.

Are you using any other mods? Do you have any stray localization files from other mods? Does the game start and then crash on a new campaign or does the game crash before the main menu? Are you fully updated on Steam?

Let us know!

Laetus

I'm updated to 1.5 and I've never used any other mods. The only thing I've done is unlock other factions. It crashes after the first loading screen. If the hotfix isn't a big deal I'm fine with just 1.09.

Quote Originally Posted by Jick View Post
    I'm updated to 1.5 and I've never used any other mods. The only thing I've done is unlock other factions. It crashes after the first loading screen. If the hotfix isn't a big deal I'm fine with just 1.09.
    If v1.0.9 is working for you and you don't own the Elite Units of the East, then go for it!

A working v1.0 Gold is waiting for the BAI patch.

A working v1.0 Gold is waiting for the BAI patch. [/QUOTE]

that is incredible news l33t...i can't wait

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

AWSOME!!!!

+ rep for that 1

Hey l33tl4m3r, thanks for creating this great sounding mod.
    I followed the instructions in the main thread to simply run the installer for the mod and hotfix.
    However after I did this, I opened the readme pdf and it said before installing, I should delete user.empire_script.txt and rename scripting.lua and startpos.esf.

So I uninstalled the mod and followed those instructions, then reinstalled it.
    I noticed that after installation, there were no new versions of scripting.lua and startpos.esf to replace the ones that I renamed. And also no replacement user.empire_script.txt.

I launched the game anyway and it crashed when I hit the Start Grand Campaign button.

I proceeded to remove "backup" from the file names of the scripting and startpos files. Then I launched the game and the grand campaign worked - except I didn't see any of the new interface pictured in the readme (ie. manpower advisor etc). So I am guessing something went wrong in the installation.
    What should I do?

Edit: For some reason, TWC keeps banning every account that I make (I think it's because I previously used a bugmenot account), so don't be surprised if this account gets banned as well. If anyone could do me a favour and stop them from banning my accounts, that would be very appreciatable.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWithPlan View Post
    Hey l33tl4m3r, thanks for creating this great sounding mod.
    I followed the instructions in the main thread to simply run the installer for the mod and hotfix.
    However after I did this, I opened the readme pdf and it said before installing, I should delete user.empire_script.txt and rename scripting.lua and startpos.esf.

So I uninstalled the mod and followed those instructions, then reinstalled it.
    I noticed that after installation, there were no new versions of scripting.lua and startpos.esf to replace the ones that I renamed. And also no replacement user.empire_script.txt.

I launched the game anyway and it crashed when I hit the Start Grand Campaign button.

I proceeded to remove "backup" from the file names of the scripting and startpos files. Then I launched the game and the grand campaign worked - except I didn't see any of the new interface pictured in the readme (ie. manpower advisor etc). So I am guessing something went wrong in the installation.
    What should I do?

Edit: For some reason, TWC keeps banning every account that I make (I think it's because I previously used a bugmenot account), so don't be surprised if this account gets banned as well. If anyone could do me a favour and stop them from banning my accounts, that would be very appreciatable.
    I apologize, the manual had been noted as out of date for some time.

You should simply run the installer, then the HOTFIX; it should make an icon on your desktop -- use that icon to start APE: TI.

Is your Empire up to date on Steam?

hey,i have the same problem,when i start the campaign it loads,then for a moment it comes to the campaign but then....crash...don`t know why,Steam and Empire are full patched...

so whats the problem?

Greetings Maces

Quote Originally Posted by Maces View Post
    hey,i have the same problem,when i start the campaign it loads,then for a moment it comes to the campaign but then....crash...don`t know why,Steam and Empire are full patched...

so whats the problem?

Greetings Maces
    Are you using the UCP localization that Swiss is maintaining (which, I promise, we are working on it!) or any other localization?

It sounds like you have the colortext issue that causes applied region traits to crash -- let us know!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; February 19, 2010 at 10:39 PM.

Tiro

Two glitches noticed:
    1) Light infantry/skirmishers does not seem to have access to the skirmishing loose formation. Is this WAD? And if so, why?
    2) Some troops seem to have something weird with their formation to fire - they move, then before firing they seem to need to push together (reduce width - although some units are doing exactly the opposite - spreading width) - this of course means it will take more time until they fire. This seems to be the case most notably (but not unique to) Austrian infantry, perhaps related to higher numbers? I believe I have seen it with some grenadiers (perhaps checking the ones for Hungary having 60 and 90 man can show what I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Are you using the UCP localization that Swiss is maintaining (which, I promise, we are working on it!) or any other localization?

It sounds like you have the colortext issue that causes applied region traits to crash -- let us know!
    do you mean what language i play in Empire?

Its German...and because the mod it gets english...
    (is there a german version ? )

?

Greetings Maces

Tiro

Another note:
    Desserffwy hussars (austria) have range of 100, even while they are armed with pistol (pistol range I would expect to be maybe 30). Carabiniers, in comparison, have range of 90 only.

Quote Originally Posted by llib View Post
    Two glitches noticed:
    1) Light infantry/skirmishers does not seem to have access to the skirmishing loose formation. Is this WAD? And if so, why?
    2) Some troops seem to have something weird with their formation to fire - they move, then before firing they seem to need to push together (reduce width - although some units are doing exactly the opposite - spreading width) - this of course means it will take more time until they fire. This seems to be the case most notably (but not unique to) Austrian infantry, perhaps related to higher numbers? I believe I have seen it with some grenadiers (perhaps checking the ones for Hungary having 60 and 90 man can show what I mean).
    1. You mean 'Light Infantry Behavior?' That ability does NOT exist in v1.0.9 but will be in future versions!

2. Yes, this is the 'chicken-dance' as some APE: TI users have defined it; this is corrected in the BETA as well!

We're kind of waiting for the CA to release or deny a release of the BAI patch they promised to release the BETA to version.

Quote Originally Posted by Maces View Post
    do you mean what language i play in Empire?

Its German...and because the mod it gets english...
    (is there a german version ? )

?

Greetings Maces
    I mean do you use any other mods, like AUM that has a localization file that comes with it to give the new units from the unit packs names and descriptions! Let me know!

Another note:
    Desserffwy hussars (austria) have range of 100, even while they are armed with pistol (pistol range I would expect to be maybe 30). Carabiniers, in comparison, have range of 90 only.
    Desserffwy hussars are not an APE: TI unit; do they come from a DLC pack or are they from AUM, Ornementum (which IS included by default with APE: TI but not adjusted,) or another unit pack?

Another note:
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Desserffwy hussars are not an APE: TI unit; do they come from a DLC pack or are they from AUM, Ornementum (which IS included by default with APE: TI but not adjusted,) or another unit pack?
    Hello llib, I looked into the DB and I saw that this ORNAMENTUM unit doesn't have the right projectile.

unit_stats_land/ornamentum_v11_unit_stats_land

There is a column called "Projectile". There should be the value "pistol" instead of "musket_flintlock". And in the column called "unknown8" should be a blank cell.

I will fix that in my next release and inform the ORNAMENTUM team about this issue too.

Marcion's Avatar Semisalis

I'm playing a Mughal campaign, and I noticed that I can't select the settlement in Sindh, even though I own it. It seems to be under the FOW permanently. I can sort of cheat and select it using the lists menu, but there's a few farms and villages there that I don't think I can get to period. I haven't tried moving any units there yet, so I don't know if that would change things or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcion View Post
    I'm playing a Mughal campaign, and I noticed that I can't select the settlement in Sindh, even though I own it. It seems to be under the FOW permanently. I can sort of cheat and select it using the lists menu, but there's a few farms and villages there that I don't think I can get to period. I haven't tried moving any units there yet, so I don't know if that would change things or not.
    Yes, use the list scroll to select the settlement and move units to clear the rest of the FOW -- this is most likely a missed settlement in husserlTW's startpos mod -- BETA or stable v1.0.9?

If BETA; which campaign, late or early?