Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - FAQ, Troubleshooting, and Bug Reports

Default Re: FAQ, Troubleshooting and Bug Reports (current: v1.0.9)

No Income when playing Bavaria

Hi there, i'm getting no income at all while playing with the Bavarian fraction, my wealth is decreasing every turn. What did I do wrong?

Ps: It work's when i play other fractions....

Lg

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    No Income when playing Bavaria

Hi there, i'm getting no income at all while playing with the Bavarian fraction, my wealth is decreasing every turn. What did I do wrong?

Ps: It work's when i play other fractions....

Lg
    Does the financial tab say '0' across the board?
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

The Citys generate income, for example Munich 1433 and so on, the income is also in the national summary screen displayed. I think that somehow the

Tax + Trade +Other Income - Army Upkeep-Navy Upkeep -Town Watch = x Calculation is not working....

Oh, and I tryed the other fractions again, when I start a new Campaign it doesn't work at all(with any fraction). When I load an old savegame (bevore the terra incognita mod) it works somehow....

Btw, the mod is great (even if I go broke every time) ^^
    Last edited by Sauerkraut; December 27, 2009 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethelos View Post
    im running the Proper Empire Tera Incognita icon

PS also thanks again for the quick reply
    just thought id repost cause it was at the bottom of the page that way u didnt miss it lol

Maybe you forget to calcul the -3000 for the education cost. Bavaria start with a school if I remember! Maybe it is the source of the probleam?
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

Its kind of embarassing, but you're right. I did forget the 3000.
    Thanks and sorry if I wasted your time ^^

I've now tried reinstalling APE:TI to see if it corrects what has to be a missing file, with no success. This was after deleting the entire contents of steam and removing it totally, then reinstalling Steam and reinstalling the game.
    It crashes right to desktop everytime, before it even reaches the legal screen (when I start with APE:TI) so I don't know what's going on with this
    I've even tried now uninstalling APE:TI to see if it would fix it, but to no avail.
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

"Do thou amend thy face, and I'll amend my life." - Falstaff
    Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dizoakius Maximus View Post
    I've now tried reinstalling APE:TI to see if it corrects what has to be a missing file, with no success. This was after deleting the entire contents of steam and removing it totally, then reinstalling Steam and reinstalling the game.
    It crashes right to desktop everytime, before it even reaches the legal screen (when I start with APE:TI) so I don't know what's going on with this
    I've even tried now uninstalling APE:TI to see if it would fix it, but to no avail.
    Have you cleared out the contents of your Empire folder in the AppData folder?

No, but I will now! What is the path (typically) for that folder?
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dizoakius Maximus View Post
    No, but I will now! What is the path (typically) for that folder?
    Make sure you can see hidden folders and look here;

VISTA or Windows 7 C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\

XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\

...first try just deleting the scripts folder inside the Empire folder. If that doesn't help try deleting the ENTIRE Empire folder.

This will probably work too, I had forgotten about this "hidden" file! Sigh, I know not to bash Steam but they made things so much harder by doing it this way. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for you help regardless of how it turns out!

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Its kind of embarassing, but you're right. I did forget the 3000.
    Thanks and sorry if I wasted your time ^^
    It was all my pleasure! happy it help you out! ^^
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

Yup, that did it! Thanks so much for the help! At least I can play vanilla until I get a better rig.

Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

I can install APETI_Setupv109.exe but nothing happens when I click on the APE desktop icon. I uninstall APE 109 and install APETI_Beta_Setupv109.exe and it starts fine. Any ideas?

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Before I play this mod, I have 2 questions:

1. ETW is around a half year old and the mod is quite new, is the mod worth downloading right now or are there still to many bugs?

2. If I install this mod, are the well-known and not patched bugs from ETW fixed?

playing with 1.0.9 stable version and it seems that the united-states have gone.
    all the starting provinces are owned by great britain.

also had that in my last games as maroco and iroquese.

Default Education Upkeep

I was wondering what do I have to do to create the education upkeep costs that you have in this Mod without using this mod. I rather use another mod, but I really liked some aspects of this mod. Specifically the upkeep costs with the tech buildings is really cool and balanced.

My question is whats a quick way to do it myself. I have modding tools like DB editor.

Will

Default Re: Education Upkeep

Read the first post in this thread, question 3!

There is no quick way and you'll find it MUCH easier to learn a little bit of LUA and script it yourself.
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; January 05, 2010 at 05:11 PM.

Default Questions concerning Battle Realism and Unit Size

Hi,

I was playing Darth Mod recently for its additional stability APE:TI currently lacks and doesn't seem anytime soon to improve on.

I really love the larger units, but I have a very important question regarding the realism of extended ranged engagements.

What was the rate of death for line vs line at 100 yards? In APE it's quite high, like 15-30 per salvo, in Darth mod it's quite low, like 2-10 per salvo.

Which one of these is historically more realistic? I am looking for the 'authentic' experience :-P and was curious what mod has the best battle realism.

Thanks.

Default Re: Questions concerning Battle Realism and Unit Size

Quote Originally Posted by Exanimous View Post
    Hi,

I was playing Darth Mod recently for its additional stability APE:TI currently lacks and doesn't seem anytime soon to improve on.
    I'm not even sure what this is supposed to mean.

I really love the larger units, but I have a very important question regarding the realism of extended ranged engagements.

What was the rate of death for line vs line at 100 yards? In APE it's quite high, like 15-30 per salvo, in Darth mod it's quite low, like 2-10 per salvo.
    I'm not sure what your circumstances are but the amount of kills for a volley in APE: TI is actually closer to 8 - 12. I can make a video or two showing this if you are having difficulty -- it's fairly easy to test with a 1v1.

Which one of these is historically more realistic? I am looking for the 'authentic' experience :-P and was curious what mod has the best battle realism.

Thanks.
    I'll point out a portion of the download post;
    Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r
    While we do make some historical changes and try to bring a level of realism to the game we prefer not to label the mod; if we were to do so we'd call it a 'gameplay mod' more than anything else.
    We will always try for a good taste of history and reality but only when it does not sacrifice gameplay.

As with all questions like these I simply say; "Play the mod you enjoy."

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; January 08, 2010 at 09:21 AM.