Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - FAQ, Troubleshooting, and Bug Reports

Default Re: FAQ, Troubleshooting and Bug Reports (current: v1.0.9)

Well i it started two days ago with the initial install of both Empire and APE. it acted up at first but i eventually got it to load the game. Yesterday i booted it up and it was doing the load screen/black screen thing but i waited and it eventually went to game. I left my session and when i came back to load it up again, it just did that thing again. I left it alone but it went on for about 15-20 minutes. i gave up and decided a fresh install of both game and mod would be the best course of action. So here I am! i reinstalled the game just now and am awaiting a response in the general discussion thread before I install APE. after that, i can tell you if the problem persists. thank you

Well it persists... same problem... GAH! its very frustrating... a clean fresh install of both Empire and APE solved nothing.

so i can run the program again and that will uninstall everything? i need to uninstall it to check if the game works on its own which it should but i need to be sure.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by 2Tall View Post
    Well it persists... same problem... GAH! its very frustrating... a clean fresh install of both Empire and APE solved nothing.

so i can run the program again and that will uninstall everything? i need to uninstall it to check if the game works on its own which it should but i need to be sure.
    Well, as I said about vanilla files earlier -- if you start Empire with Steam or the Empire.exe there is nothing loading from APE: TI other than the localization file and the movie replacer, z_injuns_disabler.

The easiest way to uninstall would be to use the uninstall.exe in your Empire folder. You can also remove it through your control panel like any other software in Windows.

Let us know!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; December 15, 2009 at 04:44 PM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Ya it works without APE installed... thats not good! man i really want to use this mod but obviously im having trouble lol. bummer...

edit- now it works... im starting to think this isnt a problem with the mod or even the game for that matter. maybe my video card. i got it to work but it still does that load screen thing. idk... i wont bother you anymore, you obviously dont know whats goin on and i suspect its not a mod problem.

thanks for your help!
    Last edited by 2Tall; December 15, 2009 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Tall View Post
    Ya it works without APE installed... thats not good! man i really want to use this mod but obviously im having trouble lol. bummer...

edit- now it works... im starting to think this isnt a problem with the mod or even the game for that matter. maybe my video card. i got it to work but it still does that load screen thing. idk... i wont bother you anymore, you obviously dont know whats goin on and i suspect its not a mod problem.

thanks for your help!
    HAHA!

Ouch man! You cut me deep!

Let us know if you have any questions -- if you post in the TWC tech trouble forums you might find me answering the question as well but there will be more heads involved and a better chance at figuring it out; lot of fairly good technicians in there.

ah i didnt mean it like that, honest lol... i knew somebody would take that wrong haha.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Troops decide to stay in port for a swim after boarding navy.

These guys boarded, but when I moved the navy to attack the pirate port at Antigua, they were left behind in the water. Couldnt move them or anything. Hit Turn and found them "Dug in" with stakes in the port's waters.... guess they didn't like the idea of an amphibious landing.

I was able to disband the unit. Any idea what caused that? Is there something bout that unit that they cannot transport? Unit was a 2 turn African irregulars unit recruitable in the Caribbean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Troops decide to stay in port for a swim after boarding navy.

These guys boarded, but when I moved the navy to attack the pirate port at Antigua, they were left behind in the water. Couldnt move them or anything. Hit Turn and found them "Dug in" with stakes in the port's waters.... guess they didn't like the idea of an amphibious landing.

I was able to disband the unit. Any idea what caused that? Is there something bout that unit that they cannot transport? Unit was a 2 turn African irregulars unit recruitable in the Caribbean.
    I am fairly sure that unit is not from APE: TI or vanilla -- do you use AUM? I'll have a look to make sure I did not add them to the regions.

Also, if you have a save, have you tried moving the boat back and reboarding them?

I have no idea what would cause that, lol!

It's like the rake bug; not sure about new versions, but old Empire you could load your rake onto an AI ship using the board button from thebuilding -- which you did not have when you tried to click on the ship to disembark them!

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I think that is an AUM unit, yes. APE:TI + AUM.

I did try bringing the navy back but there was no way to move or board them onto anything... could only disband.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I think that is an AUM unit, yes. APE:TI + AUM.

I did try bringing the navy back but there was no way to move or board them onto anything... could only disband.
    Don't try it from the unit or the ship; did try it from the dock and let me know?

I still can't even guess why it would happen, lol!

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

did you try using the board / unboard button or just walk them on?

Default APE Manual DL down

The APE manual rapidshare link is broken. Also, does this mod also apply to The RTI late campaign?

Default Re: APE Manual DL down

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    The APE manual rapidshare link is broken. Also, does this mod also apply to The RTI late campaign?
    The manual is so far out-of-date that it needs to be redone before it would be of any use.

APE: TI does NOT work with RtI but the next version of the BETA due to be released WILL have a late start campaign!

i have win 7 and the latest drivers ETW was working relativly well (new Computer) but i tried to add Terra and earlier i had a go at imperium globale and both have done the same thing, they crash during the entry screen, i don't even get to the sega logo stuff. we have done the user.empire_script thing but no change. has anyone had this issue and can it be got around or is this something that will stop me using mods? as an a side my son also tried on his machine (vista 32bit) and it did the same thing.

I cant get this mod to work on the campaig setting ive gone through all the troubleshooting steps here and it wont work. the single player battles work great and i love the realism of the cannons but as soon as i attempt to start a new campaign it crashes as soon as i get to the campaign map no matter wwhat faction i select i really enjoy this mod but i want to play my campaings any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since I experienced a game hang effect after almost 300 turns, I decided to uninstall APE: TI until I can get a better rig. Here's the problem: I ran the uninstall and now the game won't run. I tried verifying the game integrity via Steam, no dice. I tried uninstalling the game, reinstalling, verifying, no dice. I tried TOTALLY deleting everything in the SteamApps folder and reinstalling, no dice. It gets to the legal screen and CTD's everytime. Any suggestions?
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

"Do thou amend thy face, and I'll amend my life." - Falstaff
    Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nethelos View Post
    I cant get this mod to work on the campaig setting ive gone through all the troubleshooting steps here and it wont work. the single player battles work great and i love the realism of the cannons but as soon as i attempt to start a new campaign it crashes as soon as i get to the campaign map no matter wwhat faction i select i really enjoy this mod but i want to play my campaings any help would be greatly appreciated.
    How are you starting the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizoakius Maximus View Post
    Since I experienced a game hang effect after almost 300 turns, I decided to uninstall APE: TI until I can get a better rig. Here's the problem: I ran the uninstall and now the game won't run. I tried verifying the game integrity via Steam, no dice. I tried uninstalling the game, reinstalling, verifying, no dice. I tried TOTALLY deleting everything in the SteamApps folder and reinstalling, no dice. It gets to the legal screen and CTD's everytime. Any suggestions?
    Well, since APE: TI doesn't overwrite or conflict with any vanilla files you will want to start looking for other mods or the user script or something like that.

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Right now I'm in the middle of re-downloading the game again, after having deleted the entire Steam folder. It'll take some time, but it's the closest thing I know to a clean install with Steam being how it is. If I can get Vanilla to work with that, I'll be happy.
    Are there ANY files that the uninstall might miss that I'd have to go in and manually delete?
    I was only running APE:TI 1.09, AUM units, and a larger font size (I can't stand squinting at a screen that's already only 16 inches from my face), and I deleted the AUM and Font Size mods manually already.
    I was also thinking of running the install for APE and then uninstalling it just to make sure I didn't miss anything the first time around.
    Sorry to be a pain, I just wish I had a rig capable of handling the (obviously) massive processing it requires when I get into the later stages of the game. (I tried going back to M2TW lastnight, and it's just not the same! I crave firepower like some sort of gunpowder junkie! Thanks alot!:-D)
    "Go to where the men speak Italian, then continue on until they speak something else."

"I've found that brothels are a much safer investment than ships. Whores rarely sink, and when they are boarded by pirates, why, the pirates pay good coin just like everyone else." - Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish

"Do thou amend thy face, and I'll amend my life." - Falstaff
    Henry IV Part 1, 3. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dizoakius Maximus View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    Right now I'm in the middle of re-downloading the game again, after having deleted the entire Steam folder. It'll take some time, but it's the closest thing I know to a clean install with Steam being how it is. If I can get Vanilla to work with that, I'll be happy.
    Are there ANY files that the uninstall might miss that I'd have to go in and manually delete?
    I was only running APE:TI 1.09, AUM units, and a larger font size (I can't stand squinting at a screen that's already only 16 inches from my face), and I deleted the AUM and Font Size mods manually already.
    I was also thinking of running the install for APE and then uninstalling it just to make sure I didn't miss anything the first time around.
    Sorry to be a pain, I just wish I had a rig capable of handling the (obviously) massive processing it requires when I get into the later stages of the game. (I tried going back to M2TW lastnight, and it's just not the same! I crave firepower like some sort of gunpowder junkie! Thanks alot!:-D)
    You can do that with the installer -- the uninstall is built by the installer though; you can check the files that should be removed by looking at the 'uninstall.ini' that the installer creates in your Empire folder.

Let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    How are you starting the mod? .

im running the Proper Empire Tera Incognita icon

PS also thanks again for the quick reply