Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: A Proper Empire: Terra Incognita v1.1.0 - FAQ, Troubleshooting, and Bug Reports

Marcion's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: FAQ, Troubleshooting and Bug Reports (current: v1.0.9)

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Yes, use the list scroll to select the settlement and move units to clear the rest of the FOW -- this is most likely a missed settlement in husserlTW's startpos mod -- BETA or stable v1.0.9?

If BETA; which campaign, late or early?
    Thanks, this is in 1.0.9

The second rate name dosn't show up in the game. When you look at the card it says - (ships name). Maybe a junction problem.

شيهنشا ه گير ٹ

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderdecken View Post
    The second rate name dosn't show up in the game. When you look at the card it says - (ships name). Maybe a junction problem.
    This is an old localization issue from v1.0.9 -- there are a few other units like certain dragoons that also have a missing name.

Are you using any unit packs with a special localization?
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

I can't play the Grand Campaign, i have installed the lastest Version of the Mod using the Installer, i can play Battles but not the Grand Campaign....

2.1 Core 2 Duo E6400
    2 GB DDR2 667mhz RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512mb
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks for the Help

ad123

Quote Originally Posted by ad123 View Post
    I can't play the Grand Campaign, i have installed the lastest Version of the Mod using the Installer, i can play Battles but not the Grand Campaign....

2.1 Core 2 Duo E6400
    2 GB DDR2 667mhz RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 512mb
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks for the Help

ad123
    Which version; v1.0.9 or the BETA?

Does the campaign crash as soon as you click on the button or only after the campaign starts?

Are you using any other mods or unit packs?

Let us know!

I am running v1.0.9 with no other mods. When i start a Grand Campaign, it loads and then freezes after it finishes loading. Then crashes to desktop.

I am running v1.0.9 with no other mods. When i start a Grand Campaign, it loads and then freezes after it finishes loading. Then crashes to desktop.
    Is your Empire up to date on Steam?

Did you apply the HOTFIX that comes with v1.0.9?

Have you previously used any mod that had a custom localization, i.e., the UCP?

Do you see the campaign map before it crashes?

Is your Empire up to date on Steam?

Did you apply the HOTFIX that comes with v1.0.9?

Have you previously used any mod that had a custom localization, i.e., the UCP?

Do you see the campaign map before it crashes?
    I did apply the HOTFIX

I have not used any other Mods with E:TW

I did see the Campaign map before it crashed

Cheers

I did apply the HOTFIX

I have not used any other Mods with E:TW

I did see the Campaign map before it crashed

Cheers
    Okay, this problem is most likely the colorttext issues from region traits -- if you have this happen you'll want to use mod manager and look at the load order to see if there are any other movie file type.

The colortext issue was removed some time ago and only exists in old versions of the mod or old versions of the UCP localizations.

I did a clean install of E:TW again, and now it works

Props to you and the Dev team on making a brilliant mod!

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

I play a campaign with Prussia.

Now the United Provinces have been wiped out by Spain. Over time some rebels showed up but were easily crushed by the Spaniards. I kinda miss United Provinces from the map (since I'm a Dutch man myself).

If I attack Amsterdam and chase away the Spaniards and the country goes rebelling.....what rebels will be spawned? Dutch ones.....or Spanish ones? I certainly hope Dutch ones....

Quote Originally Posted by rogergargantua View Post

Now the United Provinces have been wiped out by Spain. Over time some rebels showed up but were easily crushed by the Spaniards. I kinda miss United Provinces from the map (since I'm a Dutch man myself).

If I attack Amsterdam and chase away the Spaniards and the country goes rebelling.....what rebels will be spawned? Dutch ones.....or Spanish ones? I certainly hope Dutch ones....
    While only guessing I would say they will spawn whatever native faction the region belongs to -- so they should be Dutch even if you liberate the Spanish held territory.

Now, make a save before you do this because what you end up having to do is forcing a rebellion with rakes and such by destroying happiness buildings and the like; this way the Dutch will definately be rebelling against Spain. Make sure you leave their school unharmed!

Let us know how it turns out!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; March 03, 2010 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogergargantua View Post

Rebbels will be dutch

No matter what Empire/country conquers Netherlands if rebbels occurs it will always be dutch (also think Belgium have dutch rebbels if i remember corectly).
    Same goes for every other country Hungary, Scotland, Sweden etc.

All regions hav pre sett rebbels, rebbels in regions can be changed tho

Hehe seemes I am to slow wrighting

While only guessing I would say they will spawn whatever native facetion the region belongs to -- so they should be Dutch even if you liberate the Spanish held territory.

Now, make a save before you do this because what you end up having to do is forcing a rebellion with rakes and such by destroying happiness buildings and the like; this way the Dutch will definately be rebelling against Spain. Make sure you leave their school unharmed!

Let us know how it turns out!
    Well explained!
    Last edited by Erik3E; March 03, 2010 at 08:49 PM.

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

hey everyone, I have a problem I thought you may want to see. During my Prussian campaign, after taking Copenhagen, and after building the proper buildings, I still cannot recruit troops. I can recruit in any other city, just not this one. I've owned the region for about 12 turns now, and have built all kind of improvement. The pop is happy. I don't understand. Is this possibly a glitch? Thanks in advance. Edit...I am using the beta

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by grandpa View Post
    hey everyone, I have a problem I thought you may want to see. During my Prussian campaign, after taking Copenhagen, and after building the proper buildings, I still cannot recruit troops. I can recruit in any other city, just not this one. I've owned the region for about 12 turns now, and have built all kind of improvement. The pop is happy. I don't understand. Is this possibly a glitch? Thanks in advance. Edit...I am using the beta

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Oh noes where is Sweden!

Yea looks like a glitch as ther are no units in the recrutement options. You said you had built buildings witch wold make units recrutable, so they shold be showing even if you dident have enuf funds to recrute or the populance had a high dislikeing towards you owning that city.

I wold probably try going back to an older save befor conqest and re capture it, just to se if it was a 1 time happening.

But if it is a known glitch that I dont know, better if one of the mod makers answered to that one

Cheers!

///3inar
    Last edited by Erik3E; March 07, 2010 at 10:39 AM.

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

well, to give an update to what I did to enable me to recruit in stockholm and copenhagen. I put a general outside the city, and used the generals recruitment slots. At that point troops recruited from botj citys, you just could'nt see them

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Hi,

A couple of questions:

1) Is this compatible with all the DLC including the elite units of the east?
    2) What is the recommended unit size? I usually play on large and dislike Ultra size.
    Work of God

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    Hi,

A couple of questions:

1) Is this compatible with all the DLC including the elite units of the east?
    2) What is the recommended unit size? I usually play on large and dislike Ultra size.
    1) Yes! All the DLC is supported.
    2) I play ultra as well and all my combat testing is done on ultra.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Whenever I start a new grand campaign, after the loading is finished and the campaign map appears, the game crashes. Is there any way to fix this? I have no other mods installed.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan View Post
    Whenever I start a new grand campaign, after the loading is finished and the campaign map appears, the game crashes. Is there any way to fix this? I have no other mods installed.
    You have an old version of either AUM or the UCP localization pack -- you can use ModManager to spot them in the movie pack file list.

The problem you describe comes from outdated entries in these old files that caused the colortext region trait descriptions to crash the game.

They've been removed from the APE: TI localization for a long time and the AUM/UCP should be updated and working now as well.

Check with ModManager to see your full load order and look at the movie packs, let us know what you have!