Thread: Crackle of Musketry for Darthmod?

Default Crackle of Musketry for Darthmod?

I really like the idea of the Crackle of Musketry mod by PB&J, however i can't get it to work with Darthmod. It always crashes if i start ETW with both mods activated.

Did anybody made a compatible version of the mod?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...crackling+fire
    There are no bugs in ETW! The AI works perfectly! We will win! -Comical Keiran

Default Re: Crackle of Musketry for Darthmod?

I was wondering this too.

What i find strange is that it doesn't show ANY conflicts between those two mods, they don't even touch each other. But still, as soon as both mods are activated, ETW crashes. Very weird.

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

looking at it with PFM, it's probably because IS has its own unit tables, i.e., unit_land_stats_is or something along those lines and that's what's causing the crash.
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

Hm, i though the Crackly of Musketry mod was for Vanilla also. Atleast i could start before with the mod activated.

Now ETW keeps crashing for whatever reason. So it doesn't work with Vanilla.

Atleast i know why it crashes now. Anyway, i'll look into the mod and try to make it compatible with DM aswell.

Any results crazypeon?

Not yet. I'm planning on putting platoon firing ingame and replacing rank firing with that. Rank-firing is the one thing i hate most in ETW battles, because it makes those battles look redicoulus with these robot-like simultaneous firing. Mass-firing is no real solution, however platoon-firing could work.

Making a DM compatible version of the CoM submod doesn't seem to work.

But i have a lot of trouble with ETW modding myself. Most of the time if i change something, ETW just crashes and the packfile (and the files in that pack) becomes corrupt. And finding the right entries for this is extremely confusing, especially if modding the DM files (they are not just replacing the original files, but Darth created new files for the mod). But i'll keep working on it.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

you kow the newest Darth mod has indirectly made for a better rank fire,resulting in no longer robotic actions but a ripple effect across the line and a ttimes sporadic fire,excellent indeed,give it a look

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

You only need to give Skirmish ability to those units you want to fire at will. All 3 rows will try to fire a mass volley and then start firing at will. I have done that an aslo removed rank fire for all line infantry so only highly trained troops will use avanced drills

Quote Originally Posted by crazypeon View Post
    Not yet. I'm planning on putting platoon firing ingame and replacing rank firing with that. Rank-firing is the one thing i hate most in ETW battles, because it makes those battles look redicoulus with these robot-like simultaneous firing. Mass-firing is no real solution, however platoon-firing could work.

Making a DM compatible version of the CoM submod doesn't seem to work.

But i have a lot of trouble with ETW modding myself. Most of the time if i change something, ETW just crashes and the packfile (and the files in that pack) becomes corrupt. And finding the right entries for this is extremely confusing, especially if modding the DM files (they are not just replacing the original files, but Darth created new files for the mod). But i'll keep working on it.
    Ye thinking the same.

In about every movie i see (it looks nice is what i mean) they shoot from the left to the right.

If you have seen your troops going to a wall from this diagonal way. You will see what i mean. Everyone aims and shoots from the left to the right.

Looks brilliant