Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: People who played Fallout 1 and 2

Default People who played Fallout 1 and 2

Can you please recommend mods which will make the game bearable? Thanks
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

.Socrates's Avatar I Love You

Default Re: People who played Fallout 1 and 2

the uninstall mod.
    Originally under the patronage of RZZZA. Under the patronage of the Black Prince, in the Royal House of the Black Prince.

^updated 6/28/10 (Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life)

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

What are you looking for, specifically.

I love 1 and 2, and thought the game was good out of the box.

If you're looking for something to make it like 1 and 2, you won't find it.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I don't understand... if you're looking for mods go here http://www.nma-fallout.com/
    otherwise, if you can't stand them now you will not stand them after installing a mod. Your loss

Civitate

Do you want stuff for FO1+2 or Fallout 3? If Fallout 3, try fallout nexus. It has some great mods, like FOOK, MMM and FWE. If this is just a "wah wah, Fallout 3 isn't as good as Fallout 1/2" thread, then just get over it, really.
    Under patronage of: Wilpuri

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

They are older games, you wont get much in the way of updating their gfx or resolutions. I just feel sad that you didn't get to play them when they were first released...

B5C's Avatar Campidoctor

If you want a mod. Try the Fallout 2 Restoration project.
    http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dlo...e&file_id=1097
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallou...ration_Project
    It's adds stuff that was left out of the game.

“Nothing could be more dangerous to the existence of this Republic than to introduce religion into politics”

Number 2 was absolutley marvelous, I loved every second of it
    GO GERMANY WORLD CUP FIFA 2010!!!!

Ive recently bought the fallout collection pack ,including: 1,2 and tactis. I was able to install 1 and tactics but when itried to install 2 ,i got this :

Couldnt load/find text fonts .

Second, is there any way to enhance the visual performance of the movies ? Until now ive only played 1. In game the graphics are ok ,as they should be . But when there is a cutscene half my screen is filled with wrong coloured pixels. Is there any way to change this ? Instead of having to change the video card?
    Son of the now supersilly walking MasterBigAb/戦国無双

AncientSoldier's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by .Socrates View Post
    the uninstall mod.
    .....Joking aside I used to play Fallout 2 and it was awesome but I lost my copy like a year ago.I always played with Killap's restoration project.Added a lot more content.Though right now I'm just waiting for Fallout:New Vegas.It looks SOOOO....good.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientSoldier View Post
    .....Joking aside I used to play Fallout 2 and it was awesome but I lost my copy like a year ago.I always played with Killap's restoration project.Added a lot more content.Though right now I'm just waiting for Fallout:New Vegas.It looks SOOOO....good.
    traitor

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

I am going to buy fallout 2, as I have already played through and loved fallout 1. you know, fallout one is free on gametap.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

How do you expect us to answer to your request if you do not define what is unbearable and bearable for you personally????
    Don't want to be rude, but a waste of a thread.
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

what do you mean make the game bearable? For us here likely we all love the game and think its a classic so wtf is not bearable about it? You will have to say.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    what do you mean make the game bearable? For us here likely we all love the game and think its a classic so wtf is not bearable about it? You will have to say.
    He will come and answer you from november 2009
    Der Schlaf der Vernunft gebiert Ungeheuer

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Ever go to a movie with someone thats based on the book? You read the book and they didn't? They start to tell you how much they liked the movie, but because you read the book you wondered how the director could change such important things in the book for no good reason?

FO1 and FO2 was the book, FO3 was the movie.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Ever go to a movie with someone thats based on the book? You read the book and they didn't? They start to tell you how much they liked the movie, but because you read the book you wondered how the director could change such important things in the book for no good reason?

FO1 and FO2 was the book, FO3 was the movie.
    What is FO? O-letter to be clear.

What is funny though is that constant nagging about "ooh grass was greener and sun was brighter back when I was 15 years old, didnt have 350 games behind my back and more things could impress me"

If not F3 that game series would cover in dust and remain in past forever.

Errrr... FO = Fallout?
    If not F3 that game series would cover in dust and remain in past forever.
    Uh, what? The original two Fallouts are still played extensively, with a very active community at No Mutants Allowed, continued modding, and they're consistently the best-selling RPG titles at Good Old Games. You literally have no idea what you're talking about.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    Errrr... FO = Fallout?

Uh, what? The original two Fallouts are still played extensively, with a very active community at No Mutants Allowed, continued modding, and they're consistently the best-selling RPG titles at Good Old Games. You literally have no idea what you're talking about.
    pft, holy rage.

So what if few thousand people play old as hills game. It doesnt change the fact its outdated and old and wouldnt see any rebirth.

Plus all that "old fallout is best" hype started only when advertisement for F3 started, There wouldnt be such sales if there was no F3 around clearly.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by pickelhaube View Post
    pft, holy rage.

So what if few thousand people play old as hills game. It doesnt change the fact its outdated and old and wouldnt see any rebirth.

Plus all that "old fallout is best" hype started only when advertisement for F3 started, There wouldnt be such sales if there was no F3 around clearly.
    And as Motiv-8 accurately stated, Fallout 1 and 2 has always been one of the highest acclaimed RPGs on PC.
    There would not have been a Fallout 3 if it wasn't for the fact that Fallout 1 and 2 are still selling and still have a big following.

And a game is hardly outdated when modern games can hardly even reach it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast