Thread: Why oh why???

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Default Why oh why???

Why oh why oh why aren't you including the eastern half of the mediterranean like in the first part?!?!?

I am SO waiting for EOR - but I would be so great to have a MTWII Mod that covers that period and the whole areas....

Please please please please...

I LOVE IB 1 SO MUCH - ad the east to the map asap....

PWETTY PWEASE!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Why oh why???

we are eventually going to add northern gaul, brittania and germania to IB2. After that we will see
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm no modder but logic tells me that the more work you take on at a time the harder it gets. It's better to make small mini-mods and build up from there.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Why oh why oh why aren't you including the eastern half of the mediterranean like in the first part?!?!?

I am SO waiting for EOR - but I would be so great to have a MTWII Mod that covers that period and the whole areas....

PWETTY PWEASE!
    Hi Antonius

We have an alliance currently with EOR mod so out of respect we will be focusing more so on the WRE with 4 campaigns and a final one encompassing all the the campaigns. Regions may exist in in some portions of the Eastern Empire but the focus will have to stay in the west.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Hi Antonius

We have an alliance currently with EOR mod so out of respect we will be focusing more so on the WRE with 4 campaigns and a final one encompassing all the the campaigns. Regions may exist in in some portions of the Eastern Empire but the focus will have to stay in the west.
    I understand that part but EOR is taking forever in releasing a beta. For those of us waiting for an Eastern/early Byzantine game it's torture.

Quote Originally Posted by mw1776 View Post
    I understand that part but EOR is taking forever in releasing a beta. For those of us waiting for an Eastern/early Byzantine game it's torture.
    I totally agree with you mw1776

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post

PWETTY PWEASE!
    :O IBII is great!! but yea, eastern half would be greater also.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Hi Antonius

With all due respect surely you carnt possibly have a mod about the fall of the West without mentioning the East ,its all integral ,correct me if i'm wrong ,but what effects one effects the otherhalf ,even if its indirectly

Signature made by Joar

Medkirtys's Avatar Senator

Anyway to delete my post?
    Last edited by Medkirtys; January 06, 2010 at 01:41 PM.

PlayerOne's Avatar Senator

Please respect the time it takes for a mod. Even if IB decided to do the east themselves, it would be a while before it was released. With the Vandals Campaign to be polished and now the Britannia campaign.

Anyway EOR is recruiting, so if you want the east included, you know what to do.

be patient people. while i'm no expert on modding i can only imagine the restrictions of the medieval II engine (amounts of units provinces ect.) has made the going slow. they have to debate on what to put in and what not too. to top it all off if you like the depth and realism of IB 1 than you will respect how long it takes to create such depth. enjoy the minimods and be patient. with their alliance with EOR i can only imagin the the final finish date for the overall mod has been cut in half from what it would have been origionally.