Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Ludo]Scotland mod Fixed

Default [Ludo]Scotland mod Fixed

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=292637

Scotland mod made by ludo was went down as soon as you upgraded from 1.3
    I have fixed it to make it work with latest patch

Ideas
    Anyone think of anything else to make this Mod better.
    Just getting to grips with modding and quiet enjoying it.

To do
    Going to take out Grand Columbia
    They declare war on you at randum then after you finish your turn it crashs, so they need to go.
    Will do that soon.

Scotland Mod
    Installation
    1. Back up your startpos.esf (data\campaigns\main) and regions.esf (data\campaign_maps\global_map)
    2. Extract downloaded file
    3. Put extracted regions.esf in data\campaign_maps\global_map
    4. Put extracted startpos.esf in data\campaigns\main
    5. Put scot_loc.pack and scotland_mod.pack into the EWT data folder
    6. Activate Scotland Work.pack with Mod Manager, or put the user.empire_script.txt in your Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts folder

Based on HusserlTW's startpos that unlocked emergent factions, I have made a Scottish mod package.

What's in the mod?:

1. Start Position
    It begins in 1700 with a hypothetical situation in which the former king of Great Britain, James II has been restored to the Scottish throne. (Historically this is not too far fetched as James was still alive, in exile, in 1700 and was still technically King James VII of Scotland).

Scotland begins in a position of disadvantage as there is a lot of internal dissent, with many people unhappy about James being restored to the throne. England would like to see the union of Great Britain restored and poses a strong threat to an independent Scotland.

Victory conditions include not only survival, but the restoration of some of the overseas colonies such as Nova Scotia and Panama where Scotland had an interest before the separation from England.

2. Units

As the game begins with a hypothetical situation in which the Stuart monarchy has been restored, I have not included any of the historically well known Scottish units such as the Royal Scots or the Black Watch as these units came into being because of the failure of the Jacobite cause and were very much shaped by the union with England. Instead, I have made a range of geographically based Scottish units, with each unit reflecting the type of troops that might reasonably have been recruited in that area (eg infantry from the highlands, light cavalry from the borders).

There are twelve Scotland specific units in the mod. All of them are only recruitable in Scotland and all have limits on the numbers that can be recruited. So, for example, you cannot recruit Highlanders in New York (though you can replenish an existing unit). If you want to send a new Scottish unit to the colonies you have to recruit it at home and ship it out.

Here are some of the units:

Blue Bonnets

Argyll Highlanders

Lochalsh Highlanders

Grey Dragoons

Glasgow Fencibles

Lothian Watch

3. Sounds and Names
    Apart from throwing in a bit of bagpipe music when units march into battle, I have changed some of the campaign and battle sound files so that they respond with Scottish rather than English accents. This will show up as a lot of conflicts with vanilla if you're using Mod Manager, but don't worry it's just the Scottish voice files superceding the originals.

And finally, I've tried to put Scottish names in where possible. For example, you should no longer be able to build a ship in Glasgow only to find that the program has named it the London or the Hampshire.

This is my first attempt at a mod, so please excuse if it's a little rough here and there. I have tested it for about twenty turns with no problems. I would test it some more, but I want to get on with playing it just for fun.

Thanks
    Ludo himself and everyone that helped him
    Thanks to Emperor Batman999 for the use of his Highlander Warband and to Danova for the beautifully textured Independent Highlanders (here reborn as the Dornoch Highlanders).

Thanks to just about everyone who's ever written a tutorial (becuase I've probably read it), and in particular The Phenom, Torque and Mr Thib for the tutorials on unit creation. And, of course, to Lt Chambers for the incredibly useful mod manger and PFM (yes, I will try to get my head around DBEditor).

Most of all, thanks to HusserlTW for the startpos that got the ball rolling.

If you like the mod, rep these guys.

They did most the work,
    I only put in a hour or 2
    Last edited by blazeftp; July 30, 2010 at 03:36 PM.

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

Default Re: [Ludo]Scotland mod Fixed

Great !!!! thanks

thanks again blaze, have some rep. (:

edit: i have a problem. i installed this over the darthmod ultimate edition by replacing the relevant startpos/regions files and activating the .pack file, but it crashes to desktop as soon as the game starts. it seems to be caused by activating the .pack file, if i leave that disabled everything works fine.

you mention a "scot_loc.pack" file, but there isn't one in the download, maybe that's the problem, or am i missing something?
    Last edited by Jamoid; November 22, 2009 at 03:53 AM.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Many many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jamoid View Post
    thanks again blaze, have some rep. (:

edit: i have a problem. i installed this over the darthmod ultimate edition by replacing the relevant startpos/regions files and activating the .pack file, but it crashes to desktop as soon as the game starts. it seems to be caused by activating the .pack file, if i leave that disabled everything works fine.

you mention a "scot_loc.pack" file, but there isn't one in the download, maybe that's the problem, or am i missing something?
    Hi there jamoid
    Its compatible with the "DarthMod Empire Commander" What i use.

Will try get it to work with the ultimate edition but will take some work as this edits alot of files, so there will be alot more to do.
    The ultimate is 1GB so will be a lot of conflicts.

The scot_loc.pack isnt there as i am still trying to update it
    [Every time i do it crashes and wont let me save]

BTW are you useing "Mod Manager"

If so how many conflicts are there will Scotlandmod.pack and the darthmod ultimate ?
    Last edited by blazeftp; November 22, 2009 at 09:41 AM.

ahh no worries i'll just use the normal version of darthmod, tried that after i last posted and it works perfectly.

can't tell you how many conflicts there are with the ultimate edition unfortunately since it uses it's own launcher. most of the mods it adds are fairly superficial though (skins, music etc), so in theory it shouldn't be too hard.

I wanna play this mod but only with the units... is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by carricanta View Post
    I wanna play this mod but only with the units... is it possible?

Thanks in advance
    Fraid not.

You need the starpos in order for the game to works and that edits who owns what.

What a pity!

With the first edition by Ludo, i played only with the units... could be modified this mod for only to play with the units?

Thanks in advance, sir

What a pity!

With the first edition by Ludo, i played only with the units... could be modified this mod for only to play with the units?

Thanks in advance, sir
    If you mean to play in custom battles this can be done. If you mean in a campaign this can not be happened since there is no... Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    If you mean to play in custom battles this can be done. If you mean in a campaign this can not be happened since there is no... Scotland.
    Yes, but i modified the mod and these unist fought with the spaniards....

Thanks

Yes, but i modified the mod and these unist fought with the spaniards....

Thanks
    Maybe because Spanish models have been used as a base for (some) Scottish units. Maybe a way to solve this is to add db/units_to_groupings_military_permissions table assigning the scottish units to scotland group. However I've noticed that scotland belongs to grate britain group (see db/faction table) so the units should be assigned in the same group as scotland. If this is not enough perhaps you should create a new group (scotland_group). This can be done by adding in your mod.pack db/groupings_military_tables with the new entry and make the necessary changes in db/faction and db/units_to_groupings_military_permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Maybe because Spanish models have been used as a base for (some) Scottish units. Maybe a way to solve this is to add db/units_to_groupings_military_permissions table assigning the scottish units to scotland group. However I've noticed that scotland belongs to grate britain group (see db/faction table) so the units should be assigned in the same group as scotland. If this is not enough perhaps you should create a new group (scotland_group). This can be done by adding in your mod.pack db/groupings_military_tables with the new entry and make the necessary changes in db/faction and db/units_to_groupings_military_permissions.

Thanks! iīll work with the files

sc0tlandf0rever7's Avatar Foederatus

Does this unlock ALL the emergent factions or just Scotland? I downloaded a Scotland mod recently and every faction, major, minor, and emergent, were playable. Not great if you are emphasizing historical accuracy.
    "If your heart is free, have the courage to follow it."

-Sir William Wallace

hitokiri2486's Avatar Centenarius

judging from the screenshot and the list of known bugs, this mod also unlocks emergents.
    Let me persuade you with my powerful logic skills.

In light of the Total War series, a quote from the theologian whom I respect the most:

The Heavenly City outshines Rome, beyond comparison. There, instead of victory, is truth; instead of high rank, holiness.
    St. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo

I followed the instructions to the letter but I donīt get the scotland specific units when I play. Any Idea where I took the wrong turn?

when i play as ireland i can't declare war on anybody :S

The mod does unlock all emergent, some are playable some aren't the mod was intended for Scotland.

scotlandforever7: The mod was made for fun. If it was intended for emphasizing historical accuracy then scotland wouldn't be in it....so would be stupid going down that road.

Frontplayer have you made sure you activated the mod ?

All files are in correct folders

You are Playing Scotland and Recruiting units from Edinburgh?
    Last edited by blazeftp; December 09, 2009 at 05:22 AM.

Hey there,

I have followed the instructions; I cannot locate the "scotland_mod.pack" file. All I can see is something called "Scotland Work.pack".

When I start the game, Scotland is available, but in the description, it says emergent. I get no history like in the Screenshot.

I am using Mod Manager, I have the other files in their places.

Thanks!

Magnificent One's Avatar Miles

Wasn't Scotland still independant by 1700? It had it's own government,the only union between them and England is the King,until 1707.

You know you want some....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast