Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: New ChivalryTW Screenshots

New ChivalryTW Screenshots

The older screenshots thread can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22938

Each taken from today's MP games - that always garantees nice screenshots - featering Buukenshin, Kor Khan, King Ragnar and yours truely:

Preparing for impact...

The Kataphraktoi must die

Skirmishing Jinites

A unit of Black Guards caught and destroyed...

But their brothers are out of revenge

Charge !

The Black Guard takes casualties but keeps fighting

Shooting at point blank range

Hold the line !
    Last edited by Adherbal; September 01, 2005 at 01:08 PM.
    A new game development studio focusing on historical strategy games
    http://www.the-artistocrats.com

Wow! Wonderful screenshots. I will definately haveto download this mod. Who are your skinners by the way!

Indefinitely Banned

Your units are awesome, im really looking forward to the early campaign release.

most of the skins are made by me, but the other modellers/skinners are Dirty Peasant, Andriyko, RtG (from Warhammer) and lance (from OiM).

Kor Khan's Avatar Semisalis

Some screenshots from the Battle of Manzikert (historical battle).

Turkish Horse Archers see the approaching Byzantine army.

Byzantine Skutatoi advance on the Turkish army

Varangians charge the Turkish line

The Turks on the left flank harass the enemy

And so the fighting begins...

Decanus

All are very good pics Kor.

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

I cant wait for this mod

Quote Originally Posted by {nF}remix
    I cant wait for this mod
    The quote tells everything
    New pics on 24/4/2007

adherbal i applied to your mods site for membership so i could go to forums.to activate my account it said to wait for an email with a link to activate my account.its been bout 4 or 5 days and i have yet to receive email,it also wont let me try again saying my email is currently used by another member.anyway i read on one of the topics in your mods forums that youve pushed the release datefarther ahead from its original end of augast release because u wanted to release it after bi .pleeeassee dont,i realy wanto play it while im waiting for bi and it makes much more sence for you too use the extra time itd take you to allow your mod to work on bi to also add the necesary parts for the high era.

Let's just hope they were fascist communist kittens who were on their way to international fascist communist fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Khan
    Some screenshots from the Battle of Manzikert (historical battle).

Turkish Horse Archers see the approaching Byzantine army.

Byzantine Skutatoi advance on the Turkish army

Varangians charge the Turkish line

The Turks on the left flank harass the enemy

And so the fighting begins...

So cool. Thanks..

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

Any pics of byzantine infantry? They were the greatest in MTW and it was with them I marches over the europe conquering spanish to ultimate victory! Are they still in this mod?
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

We should be getting more battle shots out soon.

What do you mean by byzantine infantry. Yes the Byzantine Empire is still a faction, but there are many types of infantry. Skutatos, Themata Taxeis(sp), Varangarian Mercs etc. So yes, they probably are included but not under that name.

oh ok...the guys to which i was referring were the byzantine infantry of MTW - that was their name. The had sheilds and swords kicked butt and came in groups of 100. Those are the soldiers I am talking about.

Kor Khan's Avatar Semisalis

That's basically what Skutatoi are. They perform the same function, except they're now armed with spears and are probably less invicable (both of those are more accurate). By the time this mod takes place, the native Byzantine army was quite weak and needed to be heavily supported by mercenaries. You will generally find that this is the case in Chivalry: TW, as it was in real life.

there will be a unit more resembling to MTW's byz inf, but they wont appear before the High Era. Early era byz infantry (skutatoi) were equiped with both spears and swords, and this is reflected in their stats (anti cav bonus + higher lethality then spear-only units)

curses...oh well - at least there is something that resembles them later on. Mod looks great btw!

question though - I thought the more time went on the weaker the byzantines got not the other way round?

the byzantine empire became weaker, yeah. And they also lost the ability to train their best units for various reasons (mostly incompetent emperors). But that doesnt mean their units only become worse as time passes by.

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Some Screens from one of the new custom battles with custom terrain. This one's set in a rocky mountainous area.
    The Hungarians have set up a cavalry army in the area for patrol. A Novgorod army has come to investigate. Scouts see the army and the battle commences later on in the day.

The Battlefield starting positions. Notice how far back the armies are deployed and the rugged terrain. It shall be an interesting fight.

The Novgorod archers survey the enemy formations atop the cliffs.

The Hungarians set up in a column formation in the mountain pass. Horse archers at the front and heavy cavalry behind.

The Novgorod archers come under fire whilst trying to get a position on top of the hill.

Payback time.

The Szekely's make a charge at the vunerable archers but come under heavy fire and break off.

Whilst the skirmishing goes on on in the pass, the boyars come up with a plan.

The Hungarians make a retreat through the pass, the Novgorodians following closely behind.

The Hungarians come back but only to find themselves surrounded. The boyars flanked them and are now waiting at the back, the woodsmen at the side and the main army at the other end. This will be a fight to the death.

The boyars receive the first desperate charge.

After some small fights the few hungarians leave the scene in disgrace, the rest slaughtered in, what will become known as by the folklorists, the pass of death.

And a couple of action shots

Great screens, can't wait for the release! *bites of his nails in anticipation*
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

WOW!!! i even thought it was a new game! great work!

Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast