Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Barba and Celsus

Default Re: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Barba and Celsus

With all due respect senator Cato, if the Praetor had any spine left after his confrontation with Pallas we wouldn't be having an arguement right now. With the elections already commencing I will not speak any further on the Praetor.

I propose a new tax reform across mainland Italy. We would increase our profits by up to 3/7! I propose High taxes in every major city for as long as we are at war with Epeiros. It might make the difference towards victory and make up for the loss of Appolonia.

I also propose new temples to Vulcan be built in Arretium and Capua. Our miners there should surely be pleased and work even harder to bring gold into our treauries.

My last proposal is for new farms in Apulia as well as a new sewer system when money not spent on the military becomes available. I'll need more people moving to that province for a new proposal at a later time. You indeed can count this proposal among more long-term military spending.

I would also inform you that a citizen tried to take my life earlier in the streets. The man needs no punishment, but if you find him he should get free medical treatment for a wrist problem.

OOC: Yes, I calculated the tax proposal, 31%, call me a nerd if you wish hehe.
    Last edited by dragoon47; November 30, 2009 at 05:51 AM.
    Lucius Valerius Poplicola - Patrician - 34

Senator

Senators listen! I support Senator Lucius ideas but only to good for the republic.
    We need money to build up new legions and to destroy those who want to destroy us and quickly.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Senators, It is the job of the Quaestor to propose buildings.

However at this time, as reluctant as i am to suggest it, i believe that we need to consricpt more men. Most of you in here know how reluctant i am to force the military duty on the citizens of Rome. But unless Celsus prevails beyond all hope, these extra men are i believe going to be needed.

My mistake senator. My proposal is then a proposal to the quaestor to make such a proposal. I just believe these buildings to be needed and at least thought about before the quaestor makes the decision to put the proposals to a vote.

I really must be leaving however. I also agree with our lack of soldiers, and the quality thereof. But my proposals for the army can come at a later time.

[Lucius gives up his seat to a newly arrived senator and starts heading to Bibulus' house.
    Lucius Valerius Poplicola - Patrician - 34

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456