Thread: Should the Jutes expand beyond their starting city in Europe?

Default Should the Jutes expand beyond their starting city in Europe?

Should the Jutes expand beyond their starting city in Europe continent?
    There are two islands nearby, plus 5-6 cities in Scandinavia. Those can be taken.
    The starting cities, one is in England, another one is in, well, Jutland.

Should the Jutes expand further than that one city on the continent, or should the faction just take all the island cities, then concentrate on England?

I ask because there is no defensible borders on the continent, once you expand beyond that one city. However, the one city (Hvarl ?) needs to be kept because there is a landbridge between it and the offshore island.

Default Re: Should the Jutes expand beyond their starting city in Europe?

Well, it's a bit all depending on your style of playing. But, as historically, there is more money to win in england, besides you've got a very good army with Hengest there. After you have good income from a few cities, you can go slowly taking Sweden. Look out on attacking the Angles though, as they border with the Jutes in their 2 starting cities.

NEW VERSION OF RUINS OF GLORY RELEASED!!! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Should the Jutes expand beyond their starting city in Europe?

Yes that's right but I may add that the Jutes position in Britain is very difficult = the Frisians always attack them when they go vs. Romano-Britons.
    Conquering Britain is way much easier with "my" Angles (good position in the east coast) but even ther I had to get some Danish rebel town and then after that I could attack the Romano-Britons.

I suggest to the Op that he takes some Norse/swedish settlements before attacking in Britain. In the meantime, defend vs. Frisians with the help of the Saxon allies. IMO Jutes are the most difficult "britain invaders" to handle anyhow.