Thread: Announcing the Imperia Romana Mod

Sulla's Avatar Sulla

Default Announcing the Imperia Romana Mod

I would like to be the first to extend a warm welcome to the Imperia Romana Mod team. This mod will be one of the first, if not the first, mod aimed for use with the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack. These guys are experienced, well organised and motivated. I look forward to seeing what looks to be a great mod.

Here's a run-down of our goals for Imperia Romana Version (IR) 1.0

• Remove all "fantasy" units
    • Include new models and skins to replace innacurate ones in BI. (At the LEAST we're making sure those deathmatch-esque unit colours are getting cut).
    • Totally rebalance the combat system: We're assuming that BI is going to be as random as RTW, and we're going to change this, making sure that units behave as closely to how they did in the period. For this we will be working closely with Darth and his famous formations mod.
    • Complete transformation of the Campaign Map, changing or adding cities, redrawing borders etc.
    • All factions unlocked
    • New Unit Descriptions [if needed], once again historical accuracy kept in mind

... (removed for brevity)

So make sure to head on over to their forum,
    Imperia Romana Mod
    and check out what they are up to. You can meet the team at,
    The Team
    The ESO also has an exclusive and first interview with the Imperia Romana team,
    ES: Vol.I No.11 Mod Focus - Imperia Romana Mod.

We wish them all the best at TWC. If you want to contact the guys you can look them up on the team IRC,
    Server :: irc.quakenet.org
    Channel :: #imperia_romana

Under the Patronage of the noble Senatorii Wild Bill Kelso
    Brother Of Necrobrit, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran and Oldgamer
    Patron of the Senatorii cunobelin & the CivitateLegio XX Valeria Victrix

This looks absolutely Awsome! I am definately going to be one of the first to downlaod it.

EDIT: Woops I am in the mod team!

I think this will be a great mod!

I would like to point out that after Zenith Darksea pointed out that our name was not accurate latin - we decided to change it right away. It would be rather silly not to use correct latin for our mod title while aiming for historical accuracy, hehe.

Zenith has now become one of our Team Advisors, more specific for linguistic matters =)

Also note that due to this name-change our main site will change as soon as possible to www.imperia-romana.com, and we already use #imperia_romana at irc.quakenet.org instead of the old channel!

If any TWC staff member could change this on the frontpage, it would be appreciated!
    Ex-Member of the RTR Development Team

Is this some kind of RTR for BI? What is going to happen with RTR when BI is out then?

We have nothing to do with RTR - although a few of us are also RTR developers. We will differ from RTR in many ways, as our approach will be different, you should read through our goals list.

What will happen with RTR when BI is out? As a developer I can tell you that there is a possibility for a BI: TR but nothing has been decided yet, first we are focusing on 6.1 and already planning 7.0
    Ex-Member of the RTR Development Team