Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So I've decided to go to Africa...

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: So I've decided to go to Africa...

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    Hah, i dunno.

It seemed like you wanted people to pat you on the back because you've thought about going.

If that wasn't the intent, i apologise.
    Jesus no!ffs I wanted other people to go as well. I want people to join this thing, as many as possible, i have invited people on other sites as well as my facebook to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eire Emerald View Post
    Then why come on to the thread? To state you don't care about it? how productive.
    Me personally? Mild amusement. As for Aetius I have no idea.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

i've heard mugabe was hiring some doc's
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

Eire you've gone hollywood... I bet when you come back we're going to see pictures of you and your newly adopted black child.

tonymurphy1888's Avatar Senator

Good luck, not really a fan of voulenteering myself.

Bit off topic but I watched a programme on channel 4 where millionairs went to Africa and built schools, farms etc then when they came back 6 months later the locals sold all the stuff and moved out, somthing to think about when dedicating your time to a people who have diffrent morals and ideals a people who don't understand simple economics. But still well done.
    Yes, friends, governments in capitalist society are but committees of the rich to manage the affairs of the capitalist class.
    -James Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaho View Post
    Eire you've gone hollywood... I bet when you come back we're going to see pictures of you and your newly adopted black child.
    WTF man
    Last edited by EireEmerald; November 17, 2009 at 06:40 PM.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    i've heard mugabe was hiring some doc's
    Any dictator who orders thousands upon thousands of ferro rocher for his birthday could have me as a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Who Sold The World View Post
    Any dictator who orders thousands upon thousands of ferro rocher for his birthday could have me as a doctor.
    Or Ambassador.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Hey I went to Africa too...... for 13 years!

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
    Hey I went to Africa too...... for 13 years!
    Welcome to Europe.

Sharpe's Company's Avatar Campidoctor

This is great news, lets all hope that they haven't got the Internet so the bellboy can't post here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD4u4sIjHmY
    Justice 4 Charlene
    #MoggMania
    #No2EU

♔Goodguy1066♔'s Avatar Praeses

Well done, mate! You're doing a great thing. Wish I could go to, but unfortunatley I'm still a bit young to go build houses in Africa. What African country will you be in? I've been to South Africa, the supposedley wealthiest country on the continent. I was shocked by the amount of poverty I saw just outside Cape Town and in Johannesburg. Hell, in Johannesburg they didn't let us go outside of the hotel for fear that someone will mug you. Good luck.
    A member of the Most Ancient, Puissant and Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Both male and female walruses have tusks and have been observed using these overgrown teeth to help pull themselves out of the water.

The mustached and long-tusked walrus is most often found near the Arctic Circle, lying on the ice with hundreds of companions. These marine mammals are extremely sociable, prone to loudly bellowing and snorting at one another, but are aggressive during mating season. With wrinkled brown and pink hides, walruses are distinguished by their long white tusks, grizzly whiskers, flat flipper, and bodies full of blubber.
    Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.
    The walrus' other characteristic features are equally useful. As their favorite meals, particularly shellfish, are found near the dark ocean floor, walruses use their extremely sensitive whiskers, called mustacial vibrissae, as detection devices. Their blubbery bodies allow them to live comfortably in the Arctic region—walruses are capable of slowing their heartbeats in order to withstand the polar temperatures of the surrounding waters.
    The two subspecies of walrus are divided geographically. Atlantic walruses inhabit coastal areas from northeastern Canada to Greenland, while Pacific walruses inhabit the northern seas off Russia and Alaska, migrating seasonally from their southern range in the Bering Sea—where they are found on the pack ice in winter—to the Chukchi Sea. Female Pacific walruses give birth to calves during the spring migration north.
    Only Native Americans are currently allowed to hunt walruses, as the species' survival was threatened by past overhunting. Their tusks, oil, skin, and meat were so sought after in the 18th and 19th centuries that the walrus was hunted to extinction in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and around Sable Island, off the coast of Nova Scotia.

I knew there was alot of Good in the world or at least in Ireland
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    I knew there was alot of Good in the world or at least in Ireland
    Its everywhere man, just have to look in the right places.
    Last edited by EireEmerald; November 18, 2009 at 06:36 PM.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Can we please not insult or mock others for doing volunteer work - something we should all think about doing at least once in our lives?

Good on you Eire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe's Company View Post
    This is great news, lets all hope that they haven't got the Internet so the bellboy can't post here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD4u4sIjHmY
    coming from a guy who contributes nothing to this forum but racist and insulting comments?

Atleast you'd get paid as a mercenary.

Hub'ite's Avatar Primicerius

Africa sucks, I've been here for 3 months. I was amazed at what 3rd world countries actually look like, its sad. Make sure you get all the shots you need, Africa is crawling with diseases. Get used to breathing in toxic air all day too.
    Last edited by Hub'ite; November 20, 2009 at 03:15 PM.

I have always wanted to do this kinda stuff, but I dont have any construction skill AT ALL ...

If I could go though, I would probably go to make houses in the Congo.
    Last edited by jankren; November 21, 2009 at 01:02 AM.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -- Robert Pirsig

"Feminists are silent when the bills arrive." -- Aetius

"Women have made a pact with the devil — in return for the promise of exquisite beauty, their window to this world of lavish male attention is woefully brief." -- Some Guy

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast