Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: {Game Closed} BC 2.02 : Holy Lands campaign (WSR)

Default Re: BC 2.02 : Holy Lands campaign (Confirmation)

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    Hmm...,
    So am I to assume you are content with the rules?, or not
    Perhaps its simply auto-resolve that you have the beef with , Alright let me give you the run down,

Autoresolve works like it normally works when you play single player, in other words.
    Numbers are important, more troops more chance of success, but also focus on mixing troops with good states, -- but even that might not always guarantee a win, sometimes the quality of your troops that matter, but it should be taken into account for the ratio during battle.. the greater your bar is to the enemy the more likely you are to win the battle, though you can never gurantee it.

Also with the Rajapts bodyguards, they are beefcake powerhouses!, (even in battlemode) -- But they also cost a fortune, every bodyguard unit is about 1k florins maintenance

Also for secure Treaty look at this thread,
    Secure Treaty

Ive also posted at the first page!
    Sorry for being unclear--I'm perfectly fine with the rules. (Including Secure Treaty) But since I haven't done MP before, I was just asking how autoresolve was like there....my bias against that mostly comes from EB, where the AI gets absolutely gigantic bonuses. But, of course, things that happen there should not apply to M2TW MP.

Now that Ghaznis are taken the priority would be to find someone for Seljuks, otherwise a huge hole will be in the center of the map giving unfair strategic advantages to the central factions, something periferal factions don't have. Khwarezm, Georgia, Abbasids and Omanis can expand unhindered in a vast territory.

Quote Originally Posted by CiviC View Post
    Now that Ghaznis are taken the priority would be to find someone for Seljuks, otherwise a huge hole will be in the center of the map giving unfair strategic advantages to the central factions, something periferal factions don't have. Khwarezm, Georgia, Abbasids and Omanis can expand unhindered in a vast territory.
    I think you overestimate the AI's ability, considering of course they will be controling the most powerful kingdom in the game,
    however, like I promised with Ghanzi choose, the Seljuks have become free... But im more concerned finding a player for the Turks more than I am with the Seljuks.
    Like you said, there is possibility (with attacking the Seljuks) of expansion by many nations, eventually though they will meet and creat a balance of power in the Seljuks lands, althought this process would be difficult at best...
    The Turks however leave the Romans on an open season of them without others intervention, and if they win the result could be the a super power in anatolia, unchallenged by other competitors like that of the Seljuks...

either way, there is still 24 hours for players to choose either the Seljuks or the turks
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

this is an auto-resolve campaing.... the AI will pose a more serious problem.

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Empedocles View Post
    this is an auto-resolve campaing.... the AI will pose a more serious problem.
    So I take it numbers + troop composition are going to be the biggest factors here?
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    So I take it numbers + troop composition are going to be the biggest factors here?
    And the number of command stars on the general....that's supposed to be a factor as well.

But good troop composition in autoresolve is different than in field battles--heavy infantry counts for more, and heavy cavalry for much less. Light infantry vs. Heavy Cavalry, espcially, is an easy victory for the cavalry on the field, but the infantry will take it in autoresolve. Same with Elephants vs. Javelin skirmishers. And the AI appears to have significant bonuses on the higher difficulty settings. Which is what irked me in the previous posts....

Light infantry vs. Heavy Cavalry, espcially, is an easy victory for the cavalry on the field, but the infantry will take it in autoresolve.
    Whaaaaat....
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    Whaaaaat....
    What I mean is that in autoresolve an army of, say, two or three of those really bad ERE spearmen would be rated as better than an ERE general, even though a general could sweep the floor with them. They just melt away before a charge unless their general is very good. But testing in an actual battle is difficult enough that I can't give actual testimony....

Default Re: BC 2.02 : Holy Lands campaign (Starts Tonight)

Alright game will commence tonight when I return home from school
    those that have failed to confirm by then will be removed from the roster (although they can always join during the campaign).

lets get this show on da road

TRIFORCE.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

How is the autoresolve rule going to be enforced? Are screenshots of every battle mandatory?

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    How is the autoresolve rule going to be enforced? Are screenshots of every battle mandatory?
    simple, by turning autoresolve battles only on, making it impossible to have battlemode battles

TRIFORCE.

How is turn order going to be enforced? In other words, which factions will go first? And are there any anti-blitzing rules at the start of the game? Oh, and can you please update the first post and edit it to reflect the game's current status? I don't think we'll get a Seljuk player if Rule #1 is "No Seljuks", lol....

...I think I've just revealed myself to be a complete hotseat noob. Whatever, I can learn quickly....

Just to confirm again - the spy/assassin rules apply only for human player vs. human player, but everyone is free to abuse the AI, right?

The turns I believe follow the same order every time - Turks first, then ERE, KOJ, etc. No need of enforcement here.

And I do not believe there are anti-blitzing rules, unless players want to enter into secure treaties, of course.

Default Re: BC 2.02 : Holy Lands campaign (WSR)

Romans are up!

TRIFORCE.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

I don't get the rule about pillaging. Are you only speaking of destroying the buildings of a city to get more money? or of choosing the option of pillaging when you conquer one.
    regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Empedocles View Post
    I don't get the rule about pillaging. Are you only speaking of destroying the buildings of a city to get more money? or of choosing the option of pillaging when you conquer one.
    regards
    Ill change the term if it makes you happy, becuase I understand what you mean...
    its destroying the buildings in a city

TRIFORCE.

Triforce, you forgot to specify the rules about using siege machines on castles.

Quote Originally Posted by CiviC View Post
    Triforce, you forgot to specify the rules about using siege machines on castles.
    Alright its been modified,
    Pretty much Balistas can only take on motte and baileys, yet there arnt any in BC, so balistas will be ineffectual on any castle settlements.
    Catapults can only take wooden settlements,
    The Trebuchets can do the rest,

Its all based on wall principals...
    The cheap wooden walls (small towns) which a balista can punch through (battlemode), will reflect this reality in Autoresolve.
    The second reinforce walls where units can mount them, (towns, Large towns and wooden castles) can only be destroyed by catapults.
    And any stone wall fortifications... the rest, that's where you use the Trebuchet.

Of course, Cannons can also destroy anything

I know some might complain at the limitations, but hey.. it was same for those in the Medieval era, blitzing with balistas through Stone walls makes no sense.

TRIFORCE.

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    Alright its been modified,
    Pretty much Balistas can only take on motte and baileys, yet there arnt any in BC, so balistas will be ineffectual on any castle settlements.
    Theoretically, a player can take Astrakhan, and convert it into a motte and baily just so that some other player can come and assault it with ballistas. I actually propose an award of 1,000, for both players, if this gets accomplished.

... and we're off! Armenia up!