Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: {Game Closed} BC 2.02 : Holy Lands campaign (WSR)

Default Re: New BC campaign *Sign Up* (Starting 11/25/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    Makuria still free for me then Triforce?
    yup, ill add you
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

Thanks for your response Triforce. I wanted to clarify -- I'm not completely new to Total War games, been playing RTW since '05. I've just never played a MP match before. I've gone over the rules and they seem familiar based on what I've followed from other matches and don't trouble me at all. I'm not that good at BC, exactly, but I am willing to give it a shot. I'll go with Armenia so that at worst I won't ruin the game if I do something stupid, at best I'll be a speed-bump.
    ps: new guy, and be sure to have installed 1.4 kingdoms with a clean copy of BC 2.02.
    Regarding this... is it a show-stopper if I have 1.5 instead?
    Last edited by motiv-8; November 23, 2009 at 04:21 PM.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    Thanks for your response Triforce. I wanted to clarify -- I'm not completely new to Total War games, been playing RTW since '05. I've just never played a MP match before. I've gone over the rules and they seem familiar based on what I've followed from other matches and don't trouble me at all. I'm not that good at BC, exactly, but I am willing to give it a shot. I'll go with Armenia so that at worst I won't ruin the game if I do something stupid, at best I'll be a speed-bump.

Regarding this... is it a show-stopper if I have 1.5 instead?
    1.4 and 1.5 are for the kingdoms expansion only, since BC doesn't use Kingdoms expansion it won't be a problem, so long as you have 1.3 or over
    I myself am using 1.5... Welcome aboard

TRIFORCE.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    1.4 and 1.5 are for the kingdoms expansion only, since BC doesn't use Kingdoms expansion it won't be a problem, so long as you have 1.3 or over
    I myself am using 1.5... Welcome aboard
    interesting. didn't know that. Anyway, if you wish to know anything about hotseats send me a pm.

regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nothing seems to be happening with this hotseat, therefore I am pulling out.

Been a b it busy with school work, exams, research projects.. this campaign completely slipped my mind.

I will send everyone the confirmation today and get it up and running

TRIFORCE.

Default Re: BC 2.02 : Holy Lands campaign (Confirmation)

Confirmed

confirmed.
    Last edited by Kaizer Merlox; December 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Abit tired now...

confirmed

do i need mtw2 dvd to play? or kingdoms?

Quote Originally Posted by fatty the fat View Post
    do i need mtw2 dvd to play? or kingdoms?
    MTW2, or neither if you have the crack

TRIFORCE.

confirmed.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Sorry about the lateness, but I didn't see this thread before, but would be interested in joining as Ghazni. Once again, I wish I had said this earlier, but since you are only in confirmation and because the Ghazni, who are a fairly important faction, are still open, I would be willing to join if you would be willing to allow me. I'd say that I have at least some skill in BC--though I haven't done a hotseat before, if you object to that. I'll apologize for being late again, but if you want another player in an open faction....

...After all, the Ghorids need something to check their expansion

Quote Originally Posted by retep219 View Post
    Sorry about the lateness, but I didn't see this thread before, but would be interested in joining as Ghazni. Once again, I wish I had said this earlier, but since you are only in confirmation and because the Ghazni, who are a fairly important faction, are still open, I would be willing to join if you would be willing to allow me. I'd say that I have at least some skill in BC--though I haven't done a hotseat before, if you object to that. I'll apologize for being late again, but if you want another player in an open faction....

...After all, the Ghorids need something to check their expansion
    this is fine, Your not too late to register I suppose,
    althought, I would advise you to read the rules, as the game has some limits and restrictions, if your okay with the rules I shall sign you up

TRIFORCE.

this is fine, Your not too late to register I suppose,
    althought, I would advise you to read the rules, as the game has some limits and restrictions, if your okay with the rules I shall sign you up
    I've read through the rules and agree with them completely. They'll slow me down for sure--no more conquering Peshawar and Firuzkuh on turn one by winning a sally--but I think that they're all perfectly justified to minimize exploits or make the game more fun in MP. Really, which idiot in CA decided you could autoresolve through a citadel with one ballista.

On the other hand, how is autoresolve managed in MP? I've had absolutely miserable autoresolve performance in singleplayer--losing 3:1 battles when I had a ten-star general, for example. Or watching a single unit Raja's Bodyguard kill three hundred elite Ghaznis. The last one worries me a LOT if I'm to end up as Ghaznis, lol....

In fewer words: I'm confirmed.
    Last edited by retep219; November 28, 2009 at 10:14 PM.

On the other hand, how is autoresolve managed in MP? I've had absolutely miserable autoresolve performance in singleplayer--losing 3:1 battles when I had a ten-star general, for example. Or watching a single unit Raja's Bodyguard kill three hundred elite Ghaznis. The last one worries me a LOT if I'm to end up as Ghaznis, lol....
    Yeah, I'm wondering that too. I'm a little concerned that I'm just going to get steamrolled, though perhaps that's my job...

Also, sorry for another newb question, but how does "secure treaty" work?
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Secure treaty basically is a safegaurd for people to not backstab right after they make an alliance. I think the player gets kicked if they do this. Also, count me in

Quote Originally Posted by retep219 View Post
    I've read through the rules and agree with them completely. They'll slow me down for sure--no more conquering Peshawar and Firuzkuh on turn one by winning a sally--but I think that they're all perfectly justified to minimize exploits or make the game more fun in MP. Really, which idiot in CA decided you could autoresolve through a citadel with one ballista.

In fewer words: I'm confirmed.
    Hmm...,
    So am I to assume you are content with the rules?, or not
    Perhaps its simply auto-resolve that you have the beef with , Alright let me give you the run down,

Autoresolve works like it normally works when you play single player, in other words.
    Numbers are important, more troops more chance of success, but also focus on mixing troops with good states, -- but even that might not always guarantee a win, sometimes the quality of your troops that matter, but it should be taken into account for the ratio during battle.. the greater your bar is to the enemy the more likely you are to win the battle, though you can never gurantee it.

Also with the Rajapts bodyguards, they are beefcake powerhouses!, (even in battlemode) -- But they also cost a fortune, every bodyguard unit is about 1k florins maintenance

Also for secure Treaty look at this thread,
    Secure Treaty

Ive also posted at the first page!
    Last edited by TriforceV; November 28, 2009 at 11:38 PM.

TRIFORCE.

Also with the Rajapts bodyguards, they are beefcake powerhouses!, (even in battlemode) -- But they also cost a fortune, every bodyguard unit is about 1k florins maintenance
    Yes, my panzers are expensive, but they worth every penny

Regarding the Autoresolve issue nobody really likes autoresolving since you can get finished, but since ALL of us are doing it were all on the same level