Thread: Saving after Wallace

Default Saving after Wallace

Greetings love the mod ,but can't get around the sterling bridge save problem, Is it just me?...has anyone completed the mod playing scotland?, I added the ; to the script finally got the game to save after wallace apears, but when the next scottish patriot apears 2 turns later the same thing happens? all I want to do is finish the game So what do I need to delete from the script to stop the patriots emerging ( I will wait for scots 4 thinking the problem will be fixed) or can somone send me or upload somewhere the a copy of the script folder corrected and working so I can insert it into my folder (limited modding knowledge makes it a challange for me) or give me a black and white what needs to be fixed in the script folder so I can atempt it, TY
    When I am king, you will be first against the wall

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Saving after Wallace

Hi Goatus, you're right this will not occur in KOTS4 as we'll make custom battles stand alone. As long as the engage_armies line appears in the script I believe this will occur. This only appears 4 times in the script and can be removed as you have done with the ";". All this does is not have the armies automatically engage, instead you have to intitiate contact.

There is no way around this while you are ingame if you save and reload between the years 1287 and 1289. I have tested this many times and even if you make the change to the campaign script and delete the map.rwm (base folder) mid game then the crash still occurs.

What you can do is reload from the autosave before the battle and play on. The autosave after the battle will not work. The autosave and save will not work between those 4 years. Likewise if you just want to get through, you can always auto calculate the Battle of Falkirk and continue after that.

I know these are not great, but it's all we can do to get through.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; November 15, 2009 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks, will just make me look forward to kots4 more,what I have done is leave the battle of sterling bridge in and wallace in the script,I made a back up of the script and removed all the other scottish patriots that apear after wallace...so now wallace emerges I fight the battle and ran the game for 6 turns, and it saves fine and reloads fine (this was from a new game I started as the old one was dead)..now it works fine and I get to marry wallace into the bruces family..can't wait to see how savage the wee of spring will be!
    When I am king, you will be first against the wall

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

That's a good news story mate, well done. At least it's a work around until KOTS4!