Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Arthurian: Total War - The Raven Feeders v0.73 (Complete - mod foldered)

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Default Arthurian: Total War - The Raven Feeders v0.73 (Complete - mod foldered)

ATW Raven Feeders - Mod Folder Version v0.73

NOTE FROM STUIE:
    This mod folder version is a straight conversion of v0.72 with some minimal changes. All changes and conversion work was done by me, so any irregularities that were not in the original version are my responsibility. Having said that, the v0.72 version of ATW was NOT complete - some unit cards and building descriptions are missing, some "vanilla" standards still appear on in-game scrolls, and there was much more work that the team had envisioned doing. Also, I have not included the Music Pack as there was some discussion regarding copyrights that I did not feel were ever adequately addressed. With all this in mind, I am releasing this mod folder version with the permission of Agraes in the hopes that it will bring this outstanding mod to an even wider audience.

INSTALLATION (ATW 0.73 Full Version):
    This is a COMPLETE version of ATW - The Raven Feeders. It should be installed on a clean installation of Rome - Total War: Barbarian Invasions v1.6.

Download the file: ATW - The Raven Feeders v0.73
    Alternate link: ATW - The Raven Feeders v0.73

Download the file: ATW - The Raven Feeders v0.73a

Extract the "arthur" folder to your Rome - Total War directory ("C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War") along with the ATW shortcut and icon file.
    ***Use the shortcut provided to launch the game.***

Extract the data folder in v0.73a into your arthur folder ("C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\arthur").

Note that this assumes you have installed RTW to "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War". If you used an alternate directory, target the installation to your directory and update the ATW shortcut as necessary.

MUSIC PACK INSTALLATION:
    If you want to install the music pack, all you need to do is extract the "data\sounds\music" folder from the Music_pack.rar to the "arthur" folder. DO NOT install any other files from the Music_pack.rar - they are already accounted for. I am not providing the music pack or any information regarding links to the music pack due to the copyright information discussed above.

FINALLY....

I really feel this was one of the best mods made for Rome: Total War and truly hope having a mod folder version will bring this to a wider audience. While I make no promises of further support, please feel free to post bug reports/gameplay issues/whatever in the TWC forum:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Be sure to refer to the following files for information about prior releases and play information:

Read Me - ATW.txt
    Playing Instructions.txt
    Factions descriptions.htm

ENJOY!!

EDIT: A small but important fix.

The files above may contain erroneous data regarding the Gaelic recruitment structure.

In order to be absolutely sure everything works as intended, just download and install this attachment into Activision\Rome - Total War\arthur (it's freshly checked and uploaded):

Swabian

Default Re: Arthurian: Total War - The Raven Feeders v0.73 (Complete - mod foldered)

Fantastic, just as I was about to download 0.72, I see this. Great stuff, I really hope this brings the mod to a wider audience, it deserves to be!

Default Re: Links to Prior Releases/Out of Date Threads

Good news!

Finally Maybe I Can Play this Mod

loet66's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Arthurian: Total War - The Raven Feeders v0.73 (Complete - mod foldered)

Hi,

It's just fantastic !

+ REP !

YES!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hey Stuie, this is a very nice surprise-contribution by you after the long silence from your side, old friend

in the hopes that it will bring this outstanding mod to an even wider audience.
    I'm sure it will.

---

Btw., it must be said to the public, that Stuie is one of the pioneers of RTW modding (ie. member of the earliest published RTR versions) and as well one of the few modders who did the first modfoldered mods already in the year of 2005 (Stuie, i hope i don't release secrets).
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 15, 2009 at 05:22 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Hey Stuie, this is a very nice surprise-contribution by you after the long silence from your side, old friend

---

Btw., it must be said to the public, that Stuie is one of the pioneers of RTW modding (ie. member of the earliest published RTR versions) and as well one of the few modders who did the first modfoldered mods already in the year of 2005 (Stuie, i hope i don't release secrets).
    Thank you, my friend! Always good to hear from the "old timers".

Congratulations on this excellent new release!

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Excellent news! Downloading now . . .

Nice to hear from stuie and Davinci, Ah i remember the days of first triumvirate, invading persia as crassus. I am glad to see you guys are still around and modding .

Stay well guys
    Goth

Quote Originally Posted by Goth View Post
    Nice to hear from stuie and Davinci, Ah i remember the days of first triumvirate, invading persia as crassus. I am glad to see you guys are still around and modding .

Stay well guys
    Goth
    Hey Goth! Good to see you're still around. Funny you should mention TFT - that's where my attention is going next: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=310468

Fantastic! downloading now. ARCTVRVS.REX.QVONDAM.REXQVE.FVTVRVS

Kolba's Avatar Libertus

Wohooo! Downloading...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
    Hey Goth! Good to see you're still around. Funny you should mention TFT - that's where my attention is going next: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=310468
    Great news stuie, I always loved the crassus campaign of tft and would really look forward to an update , I remember the days with nostalgia when we were all on the rtr forums producing our mods, what great days . I havent done any modding at all for a year now as i am too busy with work and other projects but i do hope to mod again some day. I always had this idea of a mission driven mod of the great siege of malta in 1565 but never got around to starting it. Maybe one day. Never tried the Raven feeders before because i like my games modfoldered so downloading now.

Cheers Buddy
    Goth

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Goth View Post
    Great news stuie, I always loved the crassus campaign of tft and would really look forward to an update , I remember the days with nostalgia when we were all on the rtr forums producing our mods, what great days . I havent done any modding at all for a year now as i am too busy with work and other projects but i do hope to mod again some day. I always had this idea of a mission driven mod of the great siege of malta in 1565 but never got around to starting it. Maybe one day. Never tried the Raven feeders before because i like my games modfoldered so downloading now.

Cheers Buddy
    Goth
    Hi Goth, nice to see you are still around. (Bold) I can even remember, that i did some custom modding (or something like that) on your Goths Mod project in those old days, at least we communicated quite a lot, right? Your Goths Mod thing was a very well done alternative campaign to IBFD, irrc.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Thanks a lot to Stuie who did a great work finally giving a final touch to the mod.
    Thanks to all that played ATW and to all keep playing it

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Great news, and DL it now, arthurian always have been one of my favorite mods...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

v0.73a added to opening post. Very minor changes; should be save game compatible.

Change log:
    ATW - RF v0.73a
    - Implemented new loading screens that were meant to be included in 0.72 but had a bad folder name.
    - Fixed a pixel that was corrupt in the map_features.tga file.
    - Commented out some sprites that were referenced in DMB but did not exist.

If you previously installed the mod, just extract the update to your arthur folder. Kudos to Agraes and his reenactment group for the new loading screens.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Hi Goth, nice to see you are still around. (Bold) I can even remember, that i did some custom modding (or something like that) on your Goths Mod project in those old days, at least we communicated quite a lot, right? Your Goths Mod thing was a very well done alternative campaign to IBFD, irrc.
    Hey DaVinci my old friend , how are you?. I remember you helping out on the mod, but mostly i remember TFT you must be one of the most consistant modders there is. still modding 4 years later. I tend to mod in short bursts myself . it was 2007 since i last spent any decent time modding.

Goth

Patrician Artifex

Stuie ...
    - Commented out some sprites that were referenced in EDU but did not exist.
    ... guess you meant DMB ?

Goth ...
    you must be one of the most consistant modders there is
    ... yes, but i'll stop this crazy modding activity very soon, finally.
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 23, 2009 at 02:23 AM.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast