Thread: Screenshots

Default Screenshots

When I press print screen to take a screenshot it is not automatically saving into my tgas folder. I have anti-aliasing off already and I am at a loss to explain why this is, or isn't, happening. I know I could use fraps or something similar but I have always used print screen and it has been fine for me.
    [A.H] Imperator Romanus - In The Writer's Study, come join us!
    A Guide to the Differences of the Roman Factions - Take a look!

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Screenshots

How about supplying some technical details such as the operating system? I know that Vista, for instance, will put user created files in the 'virtual store'.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Where is the 'virtual store'? Yes I am using Vista but I have been for a while, why would it stop putting screenshots in the tgas folder? At least I presume I have taken a screen shot whilst using Vista.

Citizen

Have a read of the the first and last links (and follow the links through) in the first post in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167821

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Found them, thanks. I had absolutely no idea that Vista did that. I could understand it if I knew absolutely nothing about computers but I do.

Citizen

If you read the threads it's done to 'protect' the Windows files from being overwritten by accident. It's just one of the things to lean before you try and use Vista - imagine how hard that would be if you were one of the first people to use Vista?

Anyway, resolved & closed.