Thread: Compatibility with Stainless Steel?

kruma's Avatar Civis

Default Compatibility with Stainless Steel?

Guys, i got Stainless Steel installed over my Medieval: Kingodms but it is a separate folder in the mods folder....do u know if IB2 can be installed over that same installation or i need a clean one? Would it cause trouble to both if i tried?
    10x

Default Re: Compatibility with Stainless Steel?

Quote Originally Posted by kruma View Post
    Guys, i got Stainless Steel installed over my Medieval: Kingodms but it is a separate folder in the mods folder....do u know if IB2 can be installed over that same installation or i need a clean one? Would it cause trouble to both if i tried?
    10x
    Hi kruma
    It will install a separate mod molder such as Stainless Steel did thus not interferring with Kingdoms or any mods.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

I have installed IB2 and already have SS6.2 installed. But I cannot get IB2 to start. It also does not work when I have uninstalled everything (IB2, SS6.2, and MTWII) and then reinstalled only MTWII and IB2. Even if I install only the beta of IB2 without the patches, it still does not work. Once I did get the title screen for IB2 before the game froze with the rotating hourglass never going away. Pressing "Esc" resulted in being back at the desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezrom View Post
    I have installed IB2 and already have SS6.2 installed. But I cannot get IB2 to start. It also does not work when I have uninstalled everything (IB2, SS6.2, and MTWII) and then reinstalled only MTWII and IB2. Even if I install only the beta of IB2 without the patches, it still does not work. Once I did get the title screen for IB2 before the game froze with the rotating hourglass never going away. Pressing "Esc" resulted in being back at the desktop.

They should be fine together. Possibly its a fauty DL. You may want to try re downloading it from the upload site.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

midnite's Avatar Citizen

You might have to change the security settings of your install folder if you have vista. Vista sometimes will not let you overwrite all the necessary files.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Riothamus, I re-downloaded IB2 and installed it. Same problem. I uninstalled everything and then re-installed MTW2, Kingdoms, and then IB2. Same problem. Any other suggestions? I loved the original IB.

Midnite, I'm running Windows XP/SP 4.

Thanks for your help, guys.

I just saw another post discussing the same problem here without arriving at a solution:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=crash

I am trying to run IB2 unpatched. The directory path I am using is

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\IB2

since I got Kingdoms from Steam.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by zeezrom View Post
    I just saw another post discussing the same problem here without arriving at a solution:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=crash

I am trying to run IB2 unpatched. The directory path I am using is

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\IB2

since I got Kingdoms from Steam.

For steam issues, check out this post.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=steam

good luck
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond