Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)

It had to come eventually....

There are many things that I did and didn't expect about MW2. Some things I found irrelevant to the story and used to waste time, some things weren't explained very well. Like in Afghanistan, only 1 level do you fight those Afghan bad guys and there's posters of Al-Asaad all throughout the city. Why were they doing in Afghanistan in the first place? Why are they supporting the long-dead Al-Asaad? Another theatre that you fight in that I was dissappointed with was Rio. Alejandro Rojas practically dissapperas from the story after you catch him. Why did we do that again? Along wit Makarov, why didn't they catch and kill him for his heinous crimes against civillians. Only this traitorous Shepherd dude. Makarov should've answered for his crimes. I also found it ironic that Price did something that in the last game he tried to prevent, launching a nuke on the USA. Also, who is in charge of this "New Russia" anyay? Seems their military had an overhaul from CoD4. Now Zakhaev's a hero. Who's in charge? Makarov seems too busy in hiding and leading terrorists. Why were those rangers fighting in that nuclear rainstorm? Why aren't they suffering from massive doses of radiation?
    The maps are also dissappointing, they're not that big to be honest, atleast compared to CoDUO.

They also replaced the lean for moving the special genades button and melee (once 4 and v which would've still worked for MW), they are now Q and E.

Multiplayer isn't as bad as I feared, I had no lag and the games are quite fun, I just miss freeling picking teams since I like to play the bad guys in multiplayer because you can't in singleplayer.
    I give it an 88, it was a good game, just they took so much away from PC.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: PC Version of Modern Warfare 2 Review

Awesome, thanks for the review! *whips out his credit card*

Also, is there an online co-op for PC version?

Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag View Post

Yes, but you need to have a friend on Steam to play spec ops in co-op.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post

There are many things that I did and didn't expect about MW2. Some things I found irrelevant to the story and used to waste time, some things weren't explained very well. Like in Afghanistan, only 1 level do you fight those Afghan bad guys and there's posters of Al-Asaad all throughout the city. Why were they doing in Afghanistan in the first place? Why are they supporting the long-dead Al-Asaad? Another theatre that you fight in that I was dissappointed with was Rio. Alejandro Rojas practically dissapperas from the story after you catch him. Why did we do that again? Along wit Makarov, why didn't they catch and kill him for his heinous crimes against civillians. Only this traitorous Shepherd dude. Makarov should've answered for his crimes. I also found it ironic that Price did something that in the last game he tried to prevent, launching a nuke on the USA. Also, who is in charge of this "New Russia" anyay? Seems their military had an overhaul from CoD4. Now Zakhaev's a hero. Who's in charge? Makarov seems too busy in hiding and leading terrorists. Why were those rangers fighting in that nuclear rainstorm? Why aren't they suffering from massive doses of radiation?
    The maps are also dissappointing, they're not that big to be honest, atleast compared to CoDUO.

They also replaced the lean for moving the special genades button and melee (once 4 and v which would've still worked for MW), they are now Q and E.

Multiplayer isn't as bad as I feared, I had no lag and the games are quite fun, I just miss freeling picking teams since I like to play the bad guys in multiplayer because you can't in singleplayer.
    Thanks for spoilers...

Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag View Post

Post and sig does not comply.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    Thanks for spoilers...

It's hard to do a review without revealing anything.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's hard to do a review without revealing anything.
    You could put the spoilers in, well, spoilers though

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Didn't Price launch a EMP, not a nuke? that explains the radiation, the lose of the red dots and the falling helicopters

The russians in Cod4 were not the countrys army, in MW2 they were
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
    Didn't Price launch a EMP, not a nuke? that explains the radiation, the lose of the red dots and the falling helicopters

The russians in Cod4 were not the countrys army, in MW2 they were
    Well yea, in CoD4 they were rebels. But I guess they must've won the war, stabilized their government then built their army. But little is revealed between the state as a rebel faction becoming in control of a nation.

I guess, unless the nuke exploded in the atmosphere, but still, wouldn't they be getting toxic doses of radiation?

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Well yea, in CoD4 they were rebels. But I guess they must've won the war, stabilized their government then built their army. But little is revealed between the state as a rebel faction becoming in control of a nation.

I guess, unless the nuke exploded in the atmosphere, but still, wouldn't they be getting toxic doses of radiation?
    He launched a High-altitude ElectroMagnetic Pulse device
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

The whole scenario in MW2 is overblown. Pretty, but way beyond credibility.
    First thing first I'm finding it hard to believe that the Russians would be able to conduct a successful surprise attack on the US as they do. Unless they 'somehow' smuggled an EMP warhead into the US, launched it sky-high and proceeded with the invasion afterwards. In any case I just find it hard to believe that the Russians would start a war against the US because of the whole Moscow Terror plot, masterminded by Makarov.

In short: MW2 has huge plot holes and is way too short. If I had been smarter I would have waited till the prices dropped on the game. It's just not worth it. At least not for the Single Player campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    First thing first I'm finding it hard to believe that the Russians would be able to conduct a successful surprise attack on the US as they do. Unless they 'somehow' smuggled an EMP warhead into the US, launched it sky-high and proceeded with the invasion afterwards. In any case I just find it hard to believe that the Russians would start a war against the US because of the whole Moscow Terror plot, masterminded by Makarov.

In short: MW2 has huge plot holes and is way too short. If I had been smarter I would have waited till the prices dropped on the game. It's just not worth it. At least not for the Single Player campaign...
    It does seem silly, and an invasion force of that size is kind of difficult to not miss, but they must've messed up the sattellite because NORAD was spotting red triangles (enemy aircraft) coming towards California and Alaska when they weren't while they really invaded the eastern seaboard.

I think that about the terrorists in Moscow that because they were using Amrican guns, speaking English and had an American on the team (in undercover) that the Russian people would almost revolt in outrage that the Americans could do such a thing s the government had no choice but to declare war on the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post

Thats makes perfect sense. US waged war on Aghanistan because of 9/11 terrorist attack. But I do agree with you on the whole surprise attack thing though. I mean, even if they managed to mess up are satellites or whatever, dont we still have radars and ships/submarines patrolling the eastern seaboard?

Mr Tuna's Avatar Senator

Guys THE spoilers plz.
    Drinking does to life what turning the radio up does to a car's engine problems.

-TnC

No offense, but straight up, that was a pretty horrible review. You went on and on stating things that were wrong with the story (and come on now, use Spoiler tags), and spent only three lines actually reviewing the game. IMO, this wasn't much of a review at all, and probably shouldn't be in the review forum. You could've just made a new thread for you to discuss MW2's plot holes... of course, that probably would've just been merged with the main MW2 thread....so....what're ya gonna do...whatevs.

Welshman25's Avatar Centenarius

I do have the Xbox 360 version, but I think I can offer some input here since they're almost the same content-wise (just please no anti-360 comments, lets keep the talk on the game).

Also Handsome Huss mentioned a main MW2 thread- sorry if this is in the wrong place I couldn't find it.
    My takes on the story (SPOILERS):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

On the missile Price launches- I didn't get why he launched it, but it was definitely an EMP. A nuke would've rained down radiation killing all the soldiers on the ground. And only an EMP would disable laser sights, electronics, and (if you noticed right when it went off) knock out all power along the east coast of the US.

Storyline is definitely over-the-top. The Russians would never be able to mount a giant invasion in secrecy. Even if they messed up the US satellites.

Story wasn't that well done, but was insanely fun. After all, I only play the campaign and then jump onto multiplayer.

Overall MW2 is defintely worth it, unless you buy it just for singleplayer. Multiplayer is amazing and addicting. I'll be playing for a LONG time.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshman25 View Post
    I do have the Xbox 360 version, but I think I can offer some input here since they're almost the same content-wise (just please no anti-360 comments, lets keep the talk on the game).

Also Handsome Huss mentioned a main MW2 thread- sorry if this is in the wrong place I couldn't find it.
    My takes on the story (SPOILERS):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

On the missile Price launches- I didn't get why he launched it, but it was definitely an EMP. A nuke would've rained down radiation killing all the soldiers on the ground. And only an EMP would disable laser sights, electronics, and (if you noticed right when it went off) knock out all power along the east coast of the US.

Storyline is definitely over-the-top. The Russians would never be able to mount a giant invasion in secrecy. Even if they messed up the US satellites.

Story wasn't that well done, but was insanely fun. After all, I only play the campaign and then jump onto multiplayer.

Overall MW2 is defintely worth it, unless you buy it just for singleplayer. Multiplayer is amazing and addicting. I'll be playing for a LONG time.
    Exactly how I feel. And to think I was gonna boycott MW2...gosh, im such a douchebag.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Good review, but you obviously didn't understand some of the plot points. Let me help:

1. Al-Asad seems to be a hero to the Middle-Eastern rebels just as Zakhaev is to the Russians, hence the posters.
    2. Rojas was only captured because he was providing arms to Makarov. Not much use to 141 after he told them all of his info.
    3. Makarov's escape was pretty obvious. Sequels!
    4. Price launched the missle over the US which was actually an EMP so it would take out all of the Russian aircraft and systems (not sure how the US survived so well but whatever).
    5. Compared to COD:UO? I think it might help if you compared them to, oh i don't know, COD4!

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    Good review, but you obviously didn't understand some of the plot points. Let me help:

1. Al-Asad seems to be a hero to the Middle-Eastern rebels just as Zakhaev is to the Russians, hence the posters.
    2. Rojas was only captured because he was providing arms to Makarov. Not much use to 141 after he told them all of his info.
    3. Makarov's escape was pretty obvious. Sequels!
    4. Price launched the missle over the US which was actually an EMP so it would take out all of the Russian aircraft and systems (not sure how the US survived so well but whatever).
    5. Compared to COD:UO? I think it might help if you compared them to, oh i don't know, COD4!
    Two things:
    1. UO is still to this thought of by the PC gamers as the best Call of Duty, and all the hype made MW2 look like the greatest game ever, so it should compare with something that is already hailed as the best CoD for years now despite basic graphics.
    2. Have you ever played Foy on UO? It is huge! Twice as big as most maps on MW2, the SP map was just as large as opposed to some MW2 levels.

and most importantly why are you rangers instead of Marines? ...overall the gameplay is fun not much of a story tho which isnt all bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast