Thread: Graphics bug?

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Default Graphics bug?

Yo all.
    I have recently installed 4.2 KGCM onto my PC. I followed the installation instructions and the mod itself is working fine however. I start up as the Holy land kingdom (or smth like that, crusaders in the east part), and instead of cities I see big yellow / green blocks of nothing.
    Any help please?

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Graphics bug?

Go to the data\ui folder in the Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod folder (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\ui). You'll see three files: battle.sd, shared.sd, and strategy.sd. Copy those three files. Fo to the data\ui folder in your main Medieval 2 folder (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui) and paste the three files you just copied in the folder. It will ask to overwrite, say yes to all. That should fix the problem.

Note: If you see three files (battle.sd.xml, shared.sd.xml, and strategy.sd.xml) delete those files or cut and place them somewhere else. They will prevent the new files you just pasted from working. I believe the game will rebuild those once you launch the game to replicate the files you just pasted.

4.2 should install the display fix though, so IDK why you would be having a problem related to this bug. Strange....

Did you manage to fix it?

czePowerslave's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Go to the data\ui folder in the Kingdoms Grand Campaign mod folder (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\ui). You'll see three files: battle.sd, shared.sd, and strategy.sd. Copy those three files. Fo to the data\ui folder in your main Medieval 2 folder (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui) and paste the three files you just copied in the folder. It will ask to overwrite, say yes to all. That should fix the problem.

Note: If you see three files (battle.sd.xml, shared.sd.xml, and strategy.sd.xml) delete those files or cut and place them somewhere else. They will prevent the new files you just pasted from working. I believe the game will rebuild those once you launch the game to replicate the files you just pasted.
    I couldnt find the Data\ui for the game itself. Found for the mod, but not the location to copy to.

Roman Rebel
    Installation FAQ + troubleshooting
    We shall stand side by side even unto death. SPQR for life.
    Mgr. Šohaj Pavel

congratulations you helped me thank you very much