Thread: Stop consentrating on AI here in this forum

Default Stop consentrating on AI here in this forum

The title says it all, I'm sick of people coming into NTW topics and say, who cares about this when the main priority is to focus on AI, everybody knows that AI is the main goal, but does that mean that we can't discuss anything else? NO, everything must be discussed, not just AI! This is an offical complaint and a moderator may close this if they wish!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Sosobra's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Stop consentrating on AI here in this forum

I find most people irritating
    SteamID:Sosobra

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Beale View Post
    The title says it all, I'm sick of people coming into NTW topics and say, who cares about this when the main priority is to focus on AI, everybody knows that AI is the main goal, but does that mean that we can't discuss anything else? NO, everything must be discussed, not just AI! This is an offical complaint and a moderator may close this if they wish!
    Yep, everyone will stop talking about AI just because you`re sick of it and you want them to.

Ok, now, when will CA make a decent AI?

It looks like a request for people to stop spamming "GAME RUINED DUE TO AI SO WHY BOTHER FIXING OTHER ISSUES?" in every thread started to constructively criticise another aspect of the game/series. It's nice if people can stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosobra View Post
    Now THIS is funny!!

No, you misunderstood, I'm talking about people who go into topics and say "who cares, AI what we should be focusing on!" Thats what I'm sick of, anyway, its coming into summer here in Melbourne Australia, and the heatwave is getting to me so if I'm grumpy of the next few days, you know that cause! Ok, I've had my first hissy fit here, you can close this if you want
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

are you of the team of CA?
    what is a game of strategy without a good AI? nothing.
    and CA has not been capable in more of 9 years of implementing a good AI in the games totalwar.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; November 11, 2009 at 07:40 AM.

No, that isn't a banana

If the AI issues present in ETW are not addressed, than NTW will be nothing more than a chrome plated turd.

Sorry OP but this thread is redundant, senseless and ridiculous in any way....asking for stop discussing the most worse fact of tw games....holy. Did you even read the bai blog?

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well, the NTW disscusion isn't about AI only now, from what I see. And AI is an important subject in a single-player based game...
    [Col] RO Citizen

Grognard_Admiral's Avatar Libertus

I can't understand why AI discussions irritate you that much. I'd say that the vast majority of players will go singleplayer rather then playing online, and all those people will prefer good AI facing them instead of dummy sending it's general and troops into suisidal attacks as soon as the game starts. Moreover, AI is one of those aspects where something can still be changed.Say, I'd speak of the necessity to reduce distance between units in formations, but devs said it's tchnically impossible. I'd also mention infantry-cavalry ballance and infantry's ability to run through the whole map without getting tired, but it looks like that most of the players are satisfied with aforementioned. I'd say that being able to anchor your ships and get them completely still in the middle of an ocean in about 4 seconds is wrong, but nobody really cares, and nothing will be changed anyway. But everyone, including the devs themselves, accept the AI problem. So why shouldnt we discuss it?

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Closed by user request.