Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This Mod Dead?

Domesticus

Icon4 Is This Mod Dead?

Title... and if it isnt can anybody give at least a guess on a release date (or a estimate of % of completion) like in a few months or are we looking at years, cause i really wanna play m2tw but im waiting for this mod cause it looks AWESOME!!!

Default Re: Is This Mod Dead?

Why do people insist on posting threads called 'Is this mod dead?'
    I'm pretty sure that this mod isn't dead. And many things can go wrong in modding and new ideas can be thought of so it would be very hard for the DOTS team to give you an accurate release date/percentage of completion.

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

No.. but it is a huge mod.. it will be a while..

Quote Originally Posted by fenwayb View Post
    Title... and if it isnt can anybody give at least a guess on a release date (or a estimate of % of completion) like in a few months or are we looking at years, cause i really wanna play m2tw but im waiting for this mod cause it looks AWESOME!!!
    When you see that the team is still active on the forum answering people's questions almost every day, it is a good sign that the mod is not dead. That said, matt will is right, we don't even know when it will be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Why not give a release date? Since we don't have paid staff, it isn't possible. Is the mod dead? Definitely not.

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

Guys, we have RL too!
    We have family, girlfriend/wife, job... tw modding is our hobby, nothing more.
    Right now I donīt have time for skinning/modeling because of my RL stuffs.

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

Domesticus

i just ment like will the next real tw game be out b4 this is done, i wasnt trying to harrass anybody and btw all i ment by precentage of completion is are they less or more than half way done

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Don't insist , you won't get any closer answer.All I can say is that it will surely be out before December 2012.In general , giving a release date is not a good thing from what I know.

Shorter way : it doesn't look as a dead mod and they don't know the release date.
    Last edited by romy; November 09, 2009 at 04:26 PM.
    R.I.P. Calvin

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

Quote Originally Posted by fenwayb View Post
    i just ment like will the next real tw game be out b4 this is done, i wasnt trying to harrass anybody and btw all i ment by precentage of completion is are they less or more than half way done
    Title: "Is this mod dead?"

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

romy's Avatar Semisalis

haha yeah , it doesn't look very similar to me!
    R.I.P. Calvin

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Dude as you say, you are only asking we will give you the benefit of the doubt. But your title implies that we have gone cold. We still post here and 95% of the team check this forum daily if not continually.

as Pacco says we all have RL, and TBH we were on schedule for a beta this fall but we had some difficulties pop up, which any modder can sympathize with. All the admins are either FT university students (some in masters programs) and the rest have FT jobs and or Kids, wives.

and to be painfully clear some of the ideas we have for this mod have never been developed before for the M2TW engine and well require a lot of blood sweat and tears. And to be Frank.. posting threads asking if DoTS is dead is TBH quite insulting. If it were dead we would announce it officially. But Fenwayb, had you read some of the other active threads you would know that there are some things being sorted out with the help of the community, and that alone should tell you we are not dead.

So thanks for checking us out, but please be patient no one wants this burden out the door more than the team.. some of us have spent more than 2 years working on this.

Domesticus

k im sry about the title it was a little overboard but i didnt mean it that way, i just meant that ive checked backed here for every couple weeks of the past few months and the same threads have been there since the first time i checked. i do relise that more posts have been added to these threads but it still seemed that it could of been dropped. i didnt mean for people to take this as mean or harassing. sry again

Well, what about progress? It annoys me that there isnt any indication on how far developed this mod is. Don't take this as an insult and start stating that youre doing this for free and so on.
    I totally agree with that and I respect every single person who puts effort in something people can enjoy.

The thing is, I loved your grand mod preview and especially the goals and ideas that are being given and set.
    I really hope you guys manage to pull these things off, cause it all sounds fantastic and truly makes it a realistic strategy game.But because I don't have the time to scroll through every page in the F.A.Q. (seeing as I have a RL ) It would be nice to have a general thread on how things are working out for the mod. ( maybe there already is one but in that case I missed it )

Good luck with the mod! I hope it turns out great
    k

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Icewingman View Post
    Well, what about progress? It annoys me that there isnt any indication on how far developed this mod is. Don't take this as an insult and start stating that youre doing this for free and so on.
    I totally agree with that and I respect every single person who puts effort in something people can enjoy.

The thing is, I loved your grand mod preview and especially the goals and ideas that are being given and set.
    I really hope you guys manage to pull these things off, cause it all sounds fantastic and truly makes it a realistic strategy game.But because I don't have the time to scroll through every page in the F.A.Q. (seeing as I have a RL ) It would be nice to have a general thread on how things are working out for the mod. ( maybe there already is one but in that case I missed it )

Good luck with the mod! I hope it turns out great
    this was the point i was trying to make i really didnt mean to make it seem any other way

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Now that is more resonable.
    Right now we are at a bump in the road with the map, we being a historical mod, need accurate and historical data, particularily for the east and middleast. (see islamic naming thread) so the admin in charge of mapping has said he is not plowing ahead at full speed without proper regional (region names, settlement anmes (@1080 or very close) same goes for the million PSF's) that doesn't mean he has stopped working on it though. so that said I think The map is better than 75% done. And to be quite honest it looks pretty smashing.. as best a representation as we are able to make, probably the most accurate climate map around as well. other than that units are beings skinned as you can see by Sumskilz & Pacco posts, though he has slowed some now that he is back in school.
    As well there are some advanced scripts that we Azim has coded, which we cannot test untill we have the map in place. Same goes for alot of our traits. Al in all we are in the home stretch to beta. And then hopefully we will get re energized by people that actually help and dont just pay it lip service.

and that is that. If your lucky maybe another admin will post some more elaborate stuff

Cool, thanks

Can't believe you guys are managing to put in all the amazing things you all set out to accomplisch
    Looking forward to the beta version and you have my blessing

Keep up the great work!!!!!
    k

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Take it easy, guys. Trust me, modding is hard work. You should try it. . .
    Son of PW

maybe to deter threads like this...just sticky one...so everyone who goes here will see it and look there instead of making "is this mod dead?" thread #103518351387518375138751385738751305731

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

75% of the map already done? Nice . Preview of the map that includes all PSFs would be like Beta. Almost... Well not at all, but still ... Keep up the good work .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast