Thread: My biggest gripe with Fallout 3

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Default My biggest gripe with Fallout 3

Stealing is so bloody boring. There's nothing worthwhile to steal. And if you steal you see your karma go down which is stupid if you want to play a thief, that's such a charmer that no one realizes he's a thief. Now when you steal you're BAD. And bad people act like bad people.

In Oblivion I had a save game where I had stolen everything of worth in every city, not a single castle had any silverware left, the book shop owners noticed their valuable books disappearing, the guards had all their spare weapons vanish. I was a master thief.
    Thieving is fun.

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Default Re: My biggest gripe with Fallout 3

Thieving is good. I loved stealing stuff in Oblivion. Going to play Fallout soon. Are there any mods that make stealing better?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Lost Socks View Post
    Stealing is so bloody boring. There's nothing worthwhile to steal.
    Exactly!

Money is bottle caps for Pete's sake...lol

The only thing valuable in the Capital Wasteland are bullets.

If there's a set of power armor laying around someone's going to take it and use it...

And if you steal you see your karma go down which is stupid if you want to play a thief, that's such a charmer that no one realizes he's a thief. Now when you steal you're BAD. And bad people act like bad people.
    I don't think this "world" is the place for that type of character. That's more, IMO, associated with established civilizations.

Everybodies house uses the same "clutter" that you find all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers View Post
    "whatchutalkinboutwillis!?"

Whos Willis?

I think the point in Fallout with stealing is that the world is in a time where anyone that steals is just an ass. Everyone needs pretty much everything for spare parts and daily life since there aren't any factories or farms working and the majority of robots that could help rebuild the factory system are trying to shoot you on a regular basis.

Join me at dinooftheweek.blogspot.com

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah, but being a filthy thief is my favourite thing in Oblivion. And Fallout is a brown Oblivion. In more ways than one

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”