Thread: Mod problem?

Default Mod problem?

Now the mod works great but im not seeing any of the new additions of the latest patch eg armour upgrades for certain units and new units for factions along probably my fault but just wondering if it is a common problem. Ps when are the huns going to be added and is the map going to be expanded?

Default Re: Mod problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Marcus Ulpius Traianus View Post
    Now the mod works great but im not seeing any of the new additions of the latest patch eg armour upgrades for certain units and new units for factions along probably my fault but just wondering if it is a common problem. Ps when are the huns going to be added and is the map going to be expanded?
    Hi Optimus Marcus Ulpius Traianus
    -Should have new buildings and units and the Hun Horde is much larger
    Huns maybe in the next patch with a few more factions. A larger map is somewhere down the road but not a priority at this time.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

midnite's Avatar Citizen

No new units even in custom battles? You might have to reinstall the patch. If you are running vista you may have to change the security settings of the installation folder. Some of the files may not have been copied over.
    Last edited by midnite; November 08, 2009 at 10:35 PM.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

i am running vista also is the 1.0 patch stand alone because if not theres the problem

midnite's Avatar Citizen

i am running vista also is the 1.0 patch stand alone because if not theres the problem

hello Optimus Marcus Ulpius Traianus

it is not stand alone. You need the original beta and then install patch 1.0 on top of it.

midnite
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Ampra's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    No new units even in custom battles? You might have to reinstall the patch. If you are running vista you may have to change the security settings of the installation folder. Some of the files may not have been copied over.
    Hi , i have quick question , how to change security settings of the installation folder ?

Thank you in advance
    "At first we were confused. The East thought that we were West, while the West considered us to be East. Some of us misunderstood our place in the clash of currents, so they cried that we belong to neither side- and others that we belong exclusively to one side or the other. But I tell you, Irenaeus, we are doomed by fate to be the East in the West and the West in the East, to acknowledge only heavenly Jerusalem beyond us, and here on earth--no one." - St. Sava (of Serbia) to Irenaeus, 13th century

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ampra View Post
    Hi , i have quick question , how to change security settings of the installation folder ?

Thank you in advance
    Right click on the folder
    select properties at the bottom
    select security at the top of the box
    select each user group name and click full control
    click apply when you are done

vista has an odd way with security. it will skip installation files if the folder you are copying to does not have the lowered security settings. Even worse it will not always tell you.