Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Units

Icon5 New Units

i was wondering if u could introduce more diverse units depending on region?

Laetus

Default Re: New Units

yes i agree with thewarrior, do you think you could may be in a near future add new units????

Maraxus's Avatar Semisalis

I have a very complicated plan for the Barbarian AOR, if I can figure out the coding there will be completely unique AOR units for Northern Gaul, Southern Gaul, Dacia, Galatia, and what is left of Germania.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

Laetus

that sounds great! and about indian exists any posibility that indians would be included in the diadochi as a faction ?

Yes i thought maybe split up all barbarian factions into tribes, then also using having 1 unit specific to 1 region eg tarantine cav and cretan archers

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus View Post
    I have a very complicated plan for the Barbarian AOR, if I can figure out the coding there will be completely unique AOR units for Northern Gaul, Southern Gaul, Dacia, Galatia, and what is left of Germania.
    If you need some help with the HRs, Maraxus, I've done some rather complex AoR coding myself.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    If you need some help with the HRs, Maraxus, I've done some rather complex AoR coding myself.
    Thanks, I'll drop you a line when I finish skinning and start integrating my Barbarian horde.

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." -Alexander the Great.

Excellent, you'll have to be careful, as I'm sure Zarax will be taking a look at these new units.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Awsome guys, i hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaesarVincens View Post
    Sorry for having been quite absent lately, more issues with my laptop...

That would be great, guys! Maraxus, I have noticed you committed a lot of new barbarian stuff, keep on! Your skinning skills with Caesar's coding skills are very likely to produce a great job!

Lol i didnt think my thread would have much intrest

A lot has been talked about barbarian and eastern reskinnings, to match the wonderful greek and roman skins. Now it seems that it's drawing near..
    Last edited by Spartan 666; November 09, 2009 at 12:40 PM.

It would be an impressive mod, to be able to have very good Units for all factions, it would make the battles look Epic

Wow I am really looking forward to barbarian units, as usual I bet the skins will be of excellent quality. Even with mainly vanilla barbarian units the mod is excellent so new units will add so much more.

Having better looking barbarians would be awesome, but also i reckon u should upgrade some of the far eastern units aswell

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarrior View Post
    Having better looking barbarians would be awesome, but also i reckon u should upgrade some of the far eastern units aswell
    one objective at a time, we're only human.

Indeed..."Cybernetic intelligence will always be superior...hahahahaha!"

Haha yeah, your imagination runs away from you; this mod is so awesome I just want to make it perfect!
    Last edited by RedFox; November 10, 2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: I just really hate sloppy spelling in these forums, it's not an IM chatroom :)

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

It has been on the to-do list for ages now: after new barbarians, there will be new eastern units.

Unfortunately I don't have any real free time (and haven't had for more than 9 months already), so progress is remarkably slower. I can't see any real opportunity arising either before I get a new laptop or a PC, because development on this one is impossible. (bsod on load)

NP RedFox, ur in no hurry, DTW is great as it is so far the new Units would just be a great bonus lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast